The Green Ring Conspiracy VS Novacom

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.

GRC or Novacom

GRC
27%
Novacom
73%

Total votes: 30

dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

The Green Ring Conspiracy VS Novacom

Do you like Novacom or GRC better? I like Novacom way better, but the GRC is really awesome too.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Is this a serious question? NOVACOM ALL THE WAY! I like GRC... but... it doesn't compare. :ugeek:
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

Indeed. I mean The GR was awesome! But there's no way it could be better than Novacom! ;)
Mara
Pistachio

GRC was really good, but Novacom was better :) The plot to Novacom was so clever and thought out very well.
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

yes, but both went on for EVER!! i can barley stand the long series, I like the short, 1 part adventures in a small town called odyssey.
I liked the ending of Novacom a lot better.
GRC was too linear.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Novacom was "better" in the sense that it was more of a an action story. What idiot wouldn't be able to appreciate a bunch of creepiness, hilarity, explosions, court cases and races against time? This is one of those episodes that draws non-listeners in, sometimes becoming the springboard for fans. Anyone can enjoy it, it's just plain fun. Candy from beginning to end.
But GRC is far more ambitious. It did something Odyssey has never done, that very few shows have done (if any.) It devoted an entire season to a tight-knit single storyline. Face it: that's a lot more original than mind control.
GRC also dives remarkably deep into the characters, makes us laugh, and introduces new characters while keeping the established ones in the spotlight. Most of all, GRC took the trouble to be more believable. All with far fewer episodes at its disposal than Nova Com.
Nova Com will always stand as something unbeatable. But as what it is, doing what it can with what it has, GRC succeeds in being better than Nova Com.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I like Novatom better (jk I meant Novacom). But when it comes to Novacom VS Blackgaard, Blackgaard wins! By the way, PF, I think mind control is a lot more original than counterfeit money.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

well, i disagree with YOU dolphin.
and yes, GRC was a nice fit tight story, very well written,
but novacom was written a lot better, a lot more complex and intertwined story that included every thing. That touched the edges of both opposite sides of the spectrum.
Looking at it from a writters/literature point of view, Novacom was an epic, a novel. GRC just a short story.
I only like GRC because it has Matthew, Wooton, and Jason (i mean SHOULD have had.).
Bevy, Ive always wanted to say that word bevy,

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
Whittifer
Raspberry Ripple

I'd probably say Novacom but I haven't listened to it in about two years so I don't remember all of it.
Nothing.
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I have no idea which is better, they can't really be compared (in my mind at least). I do agree mostly with PF.
Wakko
Pistachio

Novacom is way better. Maybe if they did a longer story arc for grc it would challenge novacom.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Definately Novacom.
Besides the Green Ring didn't have Mitch in it!
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Oh, boy. How did I not see this topic? *GASP* Oh, wow. This is too much. THIS IS TO HARD. Hmm... well, I like Novacom better, I think.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Novacom and GRC were both really good, and I liked Novacom slightly SLIGHTLY better....ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG..so hard to decide :)
Girls just wanna have fun!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

This whole situation is based upon viewpoints. Novacom was without question the ultimate story arc, the largest ever done in Odyssey, and probably one of the most intense in any form of media. The GRC was smaller and localized, accomplished by people who would only seriously injure people if absolutely necessary. (Katrina was tied and gagged, no harm there; and Monty and Jason were knocked out, but recovered with no sign of serious injury.) For action and suspense, nothing beats Novacom, though for a calmer, more intriguing story that takes less time, the GRC works dandy.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

The Novacom is better it's longer more intense. green ring was okay but it wasn't as long and intense. 8)
Proud K.R.E Member
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I prefer Novacom. I grew up listening to Battle Lines over and over again, and I have very fond memories of late night projects worked on while listening to "Plan B". I like how intricately woven it was, and the character development throughout. The Green Ring Conspiracy was good, but I just didn't see the depth in the GRC that I saw in Novacom.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

I voted GRC! I like Novacom too though.
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
Jamesobie
Caramel Crunch

They are tied in my opinion
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Novacom, so totally, and I think it is just because they used up their good ideas
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games