Looking At AIO Episode Types As Food Groups

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Looking At AIO Episode Types As Food Groups

I was eating breakfast this morning, thinking about the different food groups as usual, and I thought you could classify the different Odyssey episode genres into the 5 food groups. And so, here they are:

Slice of Life (Grains)

Grains are the largest food group, and make up the majority of what you should eat. Sometimes they don't have the most exciting tastes in the world, but they're still necessary; you can have a lot of them without getting full.

Comedy (Fruits)

Fruits are juicy, fresh, and sweet. They can satisfy a sweet tooth without being unhealthy. But if you eat too many of them, you could have digestion issues.

Drama (Vegetables)

Vegetables often taste bittersweet, or sometimes just bitter. They're good for you, but hard to swallow. They can be softened by being cooked or eaten raw.

Historical/IS (Dairy)

Dairy should not be consumed too much; it should ideally be used as a side for other things. If
you leave cheese out too long, it can get moldy and impossible to chew. Milk will get sour if left out as well. However, dairy can satisfy a craving for meat without being too unhealthy.

Action-Adventure (Meats & Beans)

The meats and beans group is the most filling of them all. Big juicy steaks, piles of potatoes, huge bowls of rich beans. Meat has a lot of flavor, but it shouldn't be consumed too much. It should be the main part of a meal, but not the biggest part.

Some of those might have been a bit tough to figure out and overly metaphorical, but you get the idea. I know this is a horribly weird topic, but I had the idea, so I thought... well, maybe I shouldn't think so much next time. ;)
Last edited by ArnoldtheRubberDucky on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Jason
Cookies & Creme

And to top off the pyramid you can throw in Emily/J&P Agency episodes at the top of the pyramid or fatty foods. You either love em or you hate them and too much of them ends badly.
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

That's pretty neat way to put it.
Though I love meat, and eat as much as possible, so the meat would more likely be a mix of slice-of-life and IS/Historical. That's my take on it.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Fascinating idea, Jason.
Mr. Thinker, I must congratulate you on this topic. So original and well thought out.
Let's see... my favorite AIO "food group" is Slice of Life, but comedy is close behind. Oh, and J&P are nowhere near as numerous as the others, it's hard to think of them as a giant group like the other Mr. Thinker mentioned.
But still, they're something like candy, indeed. Personally, I adore candy so much, I keep a chocolate Easter Bunny in my room and offer hard boiled eggs up to it.
No, not really. But... "I like candy! I like candy. The taste, the taste, it makes me feel so grand. The tart, the bitter, the sour or sweet. There's nothing like some candy to make a..." I'll stop.
Anyhoo, and that goes for J&P. I've always been a huge fan of the children's mystery genre (CAN'T WAIT for the Encyclopedia Brown movie) and they're entertaining and charming. However, what's wrong with a lot of candy?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Pound Foolish wrote:However, what's wrong with a lot of candy?
I am in no way against Candy, or Jones and Parker. (Emily rules!) I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to be a smart alec to Pound Foolish. *Nods*
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Wow, CT, this is very much so something I would imagine on my own. I congratulate you on being able to share it effectively.

I thought through all of your food groups; you must have spent a good deal of time thinking about this. The one group I question is Drama. Could you explain what episodes you had in mind when you thought of drama?
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Yes, well, by "Drama", I meant episodes that rely on spirituality and emotions to carry them. Any episode that would make you cry would probably be in the "Drama" category. Episodes like "Karen", "Greater Love", "Where Is Thy Sting?", and "The Time Has Come".

-- Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:51 am --
Samantha14 wrote:
I am in no way against Candy, or Jones and Parker. (Emily rules!) I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to be a smart alec to Pound Foolish. *Nods*
Gosh, Sammy, how on earth did you get a photograph of my succulent smile? :mrgreen:
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

CreativeThinker101 wrote:
Samantha14 wrote:
Gosh, Sammy, how on earth did you get a photograph of my succulent smile? :mrgreen:

That's pretty much all I have to say to you, Alex. =p
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

CreativeThinker101 wrote:Yes, well, by "Drama", I meant episodes that rely on spirituality and emotions to carry them. Any episode that would make you cry would probably be in the "Drama" category. Episodes like "Karen", "Greater Love", "Where Is Thy Sting?", and "The Time Has Come"
Ah. Thank you. This makes much more sense to me know. In this case, I completely agree with your food groups. *gives CT a T.S. stamp of approval*;)
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Samantha14 wrote:

That's pretty much all I have to say to you, Alex. =p
It says, "ACCESS FORBIDDEN" 0.o
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Vic
Chocolate Chip

Creative Thinker, this is one of the most brilliant posts I have ever seen. I'm very impressed. *slow clap*

I would have to say that my favorite food group is the Vegetables. This contradicts my real life opinion of vegetables. -_- Not a fan.

I love this topic. Wish I had thought of it but not all of us are blessed with brilliance.