Something Old, Something New, Parts 1 & 2

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.

How Would YOU Rate "Something Old, Something New (Parts 1 & 2)?

1 - I Hated It.
10%
2- I really disliked it.
No votes
3 - It was almost cool...
3%
4 - I liked it.
52%
5 - THIS WAS AWESOME! Wheeeee!
34%

Total votes: 29

EmilyLBean
Chocolate Chip

Pound Foolish wrote:Yes, well I'm glad, but as of yet you've yet to provide a rational reason that hasn't been discounted. You said he's clueless at the very beginning, and Blondie and I have debunked every bit of evidence you've put forth that he acted cluelessly. Mitch remains perfectly clueful as far as this debate is concerned unless you have something left to throw.
This time I'll put it very simply:
I think Mitch behaved cluelessly in regard to Connie's feelings. He wasn't very intuitive.
It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Connie was hurt by Mitch's random appearance.
It also didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that her politeness was thinly veiled heartbreak.
Mitch should have picked up on it, because he knows Connie pretty well.
Hence my extreme dislike of Mitch, and my reasons for saying he's clueless.
You disagree, and that is okay, but you have not "debunked" what I still consider to be evidence.
You simply interpret his actions differently than I do.
Kudos.
Emily
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

EmilyLBean wrote:I think Mitch behaved cluelessly in regard to Connie's feelings. He wasn't very intuitive.
Yeah... so I've heard.
EmilyLBean wrote: Mitch should have picked up on it, because he knows Connie pretty well.
Hence my extreme dislike of Mitch, and my reasons for saying he's clueless.
Okay. And then done what? Talk about chocolate bunnies? You still haven't gotten around that it was socially impossible for Mitch to avoid discussing Maurreen (extra R intentional.)
EmilyLBean wrote:You disagree, and that is okay, but you have not "debunked" what I still consider to be evidence.
Well, "consider" anything you want, consider what O clock it is, consider anything, but don't cry. But anyhow, go back over the conversation. Unless I'm blind as a bat, it looks pretty much like we did indeed reply with refutations for every stab at Mitch you viciously took. You made jokes in reply, towards the end, which were very funny. But the jokes didn't debunk our refutations in any way whatsoever.
If you're tired of debating, that's fine. But the fact remains, you have not won. So, if you have nothing more to say, I'll put on my victory lederhosen.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
EmilyLBean
Chocolate Chip

I didn't say he shouldn't have discussed her at all, I said
I understand that he couldn't have had any idea that his actions would hurt Connie when he though she was engaged, but after he learned of the mistake he was still so in her face about Monica's wonderful attributes.
Get it right.
And enjoy looking ridiculous in your victory lederhosen. O.o
Emily
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

EmilyLBean wrote:I didn't say he shouldn't have discussed her at all, I said
I understand that he couldn't have had any idea that his actions would hurt Connie when he though she was engaged, but after he learned of the mistake he was still so in her face about Monica's wonderful attributes.
Get it right.
And enjoy looking ridiculous in your victory lederhosen. O.o
Why of course he doesn't! He looks wonderful!

And, I'm sure that you mean Maureen, and not Monica, right?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
EmilyLBean
Chocolate Chip

And, I'm sure that you mean Maureen, and not Monica, right?
Yes.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Pardon me, but you still have not shown that Mitch was "in her face" about... your precious Monica... at all. (Oh, so I can't have an extra R in the name, Miss "Maureen is one of my favorite characters", but you...)
As is already established, Mitch had to talk about Maureen some. And he didn't talk very much about her at all incidentally. Trust me, I know what talking a lot about a girl means.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
EmilyLBean
Chocolate Chip

Okay. I'm tired of this pointless argument.
I still feel the same way, but you can wear your lederhosen anyway if you want to.
Emily
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

well, considering I'm a guy... I wouldn't know much about this now would I :lol: But really, I don't think mitch could have done much else to tell connie. She asked what was going on in his life right? so what's he gonna do? Not tell her? no, mitch is a good friend. That's my views on the subject :mrgreen:
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Yay, sanity.
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

Pound Foolish wrote:Yay, sanity.
O.o Well, thank you pf :lol:
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I loved these episodes. My mom didn't like the idea of Mitch coming back and marrying someone besides Connie. But I thought the writers behind these classic episodes were geniuses. Overall, I loved these episodes.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

I think Mitch and Connie were way to lovey Dovey anyways.
Girls just wanna have fun!