Happy Hunting

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

Happy Hunting

In this episode Penny goes hunting for happiness.

What did you think of her hunt? Have you tried to find happiness in any of the ways she tried? Do you think her hunt was successful, did she really find happiness?

Whit was talking about how we can't manufacture happiness, it is an emotion and it can't be contained. Peace, Joy and contentment are forms of happiness that God gives us through a relationship with Him.

What did you all think of the episode?
I thought Penny was going through something a lot of people go through, a quest to find happiness. But I was also annoyed at Penny because she is so child-like and nieve in general, even more so then some of the kid characters.
Odyssey Fan Wiley
EmilyLBean
Chocolate Chip

I adored this episode, and I really liked the message it contains.
My thoughts on Penny: I think the creators of AIO could be using Penny to teach us something - How to grow up, when you're already grownup. Sort of. Let me explain :D
I Corinthians 13:11 puts it way better than I can! "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."
I think Penny is learning to grow up, even though she's a grownup. She's still learning to "Put away childish things", and teaching us something while she does it.
On her various searches for happiness and earthly wisdom, she keeps picking up gems of true wisdom - the kind that comes from God. And through her character, I think the creators are reminding the older listeners not to get so caught up in understanding life that we forget to trust God and learn the things that He wants to teach us about it.
Hope that isn't too long or complicated :) Just my personal opinion of Penny, and why I think she's child-like, so please just take it as such.
Emily
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I can agree with that, EmilyLBean. Though, I don't know how relate-able her character really is. I can't relate, that's for sure! But I can appreciate her character. Like Wooton, I enjoy seeing a more innocent side of adults. Though, her nievety can be a bit irritating, and repetitive at times.

Though, I did enjoy this episode. I thought it was humorous and cute. Though, I might have taken it more seriously if an actual child had played the part.
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

I wasn't as impressed with that episode as I was hoping to be. I appreciated the message that was offered, and thanks to the above comments, I now appreciate how Penny was acting in the episode. I love her, but she seemed to act a little naive for an adult in this episode. Now I can appreciate her heart like a child.

I had a problem with how Connie was acting in the episode. She seemed out of character for me. I thought she would try to help Penny in her hunt or be more supportive. Instead she acted upset and irritated.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Actually, did Connie remarkably well. Wouldn't you be a bit irritated if your friend dragged you to an unbearable convention of weirdos and then barraged you with bird noises?
But to address your main point, I agree entirely. In CS Lewis' Perelandra, there's a seal like creature that is very humanlike. If you thought of the creatures as very humanlike people in but with an animal body, they were lovable. But if you thought of them as human (and they are just as intelligent as humans, so it's tempting) then they are terrifying. Would you make friends with a person who was covered in waves of hair with huge nostrils? (Well, a person besides your dad, I mean.)
Point: if you think of Penny as an adult, she's an idiotic, silly adult. If you think of her as a child trapped in an adult's body, then she's a wide eyed treasure seeker, out for love and answers.
Penny's a child. That's okay.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

Yeah, I would be irritated. I guess I'm not used to hearing that from her in a while.

So true! And that is why she gets along with Wooton so well, because he is certainly a grown-up child.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Ha, very funny. Penny is very funny.
Proud K.R.E Member
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Penny is funny? I've never heard that before.
Penny is my favorite modern character, but I don't really like Happy Hunting.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...