Christmas Episodes

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Christmas Episodes

This is so forehead-slapping obvious, I keep expecting someone else to do it. But it's almost Christmas, and no one has. So, I guess no one else is genius enough to do this after all.

What's your favorite Christmas Odyssey?

Back to Bethlehem, 1-4

These are absolutely unforgettable. Connie freaks, Eugene condescends and spreads his knowledge in interesting tid-bits, and the characters added to Christmas story work wondefully. The handling of innkeeper is hilarious, and it finally asks the fascinating question: what if someone in the IS fell in love with one of the riders? Plus, it's simply a gorgeous handling of the Christmas story. Touching, just a little gritty, and full of wide-eyed awe. A very nice retelling of one of the most told and most beautiful stories of all time.

A Pokenberry Christmas
Ah yes, one of the best, one of the best, as we all know... too bad I've never heard it. I'll get it someday. In any case, as it's so often praised, many of you will claim this as your favorite.

Grandma's Christmas Visit

The much-loved and much-hated newbie. You laugh again and again (or not) enjoy the characters bouncing off each other (or not) delight in the nuttiness (or not) and are touched at the charming ending. (...Orrr not.) This isn't really a slice-of-life episode or an adventure episode. It's just special in its own right. A wacky, fast paced X-mas tale with a message that glows like a Christmas star.

Alright, so, you guys's thoughts? Let's talk it up, and merry Christmas!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Wait... HOLD! You're NEVER heard it's a Pokenberry Christmas?!?!?!?!? O.o
You poor deprived guy..... Haha. ;)

I like those... And Peace on earth. I know, That episode is a bit depressing in some scenes...
But, It has a REALLY good lesson in the end. I mean, Everyone coming together like that... Now THAT is what the spirit of Christmas is all about. ;)
God's little Artist
Caramel Crunch

The Day After Christmas is one of my favorites.
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

PF, I feel like you are missing some Christmas episodes. Like, The Star parts 1-3, Gifts for Madge and Guy, Unto Us a Child is Born, The Visitors (i have this one, don't remember it, tape player here i come), Living Nativity, Popsicle kid, (that one I can't remember the name of, but it has to do with Angel Tree). And I am sure there are more, but those are the ones that come to mind. Haha.

As for my favorite Christmas episode. Sentimentally probably Back to Bethlehem or Pokenberry Christmas, mainly because those are both episodes I have had for a very long time and probably listened to a couple dozen times. Content wise.. hmm have to think about all these episodes. I think I found something to listen to ;)
Odyssey Fan Wiley
Kaida
Fudge Marble

What's that episode where all the gift giving gets all mixed up? When Connie thinks Eugene was getting her a car when it was actually Whit. And then Eugene thought Bernard was getting him the radio but it was Connie. I don't remember what it was called but I think that's one of my favorite Christmas episodes.
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

Oh, I forgot that one Kaida.

Oh and there is the one where Whit goes back to past Christmases when his family (or is it just Jana) can't come for the holidays. I forget what it's called though.
Odyssey Fan Wiley
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Christmas Conundrum! That's what it's called. That's one of my favorite Christmas episodes :D
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

It was just meant as a starting point. Others include The Living Nativity and A Time for Christmas. But I hadn't even heard of a lot of those shows you mentioned, so I couldn't really include them.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

- Gifts for Madge and Guy
- The Day After Christmas
- Peace on Earth
- The Reluctant Rival
- Monty's Christmas
- The Visitors
- Back to Bethlehem, Part 1
- Back to Bethlehem, Part 2
- Back to Bethlehem, Part 3
- Where's Your Daddy?
- The Star, Part 1
- The Star, Part 2
- The Living Nativity
- Caroling, Caroling
- A Time for Christmas
- Unto Us a Child Is Born
- Christmas Around the World, Part 1
- Christmas Around the World, Part 2
- It's a Pokenberry Christmas, Part 1
- It's a Pokenberry Christmas, Part 2
- B-TV: Redeeming the Season
- The Popsicle Kid
- A Lamb's Tale
- A Christmas Conundrum
- Silent Night
- Grandma’s Christmas Visit
List provided by AIO wiki

Also, I can't believe you've never heard "It's a Pokenberry Christmas" PF. I agree with the many fans saying it's the best Christmas episode in the entirety of the show. I really hope they put it up on Whit's End so you can have a listen. It's really a good one.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Wow, I've heard almost all of the Christmas episodes! My favorites are, 'A Christmas Conundrum' and, 'Silent Night'. 'Caroling, Caroling', was a major disappointment to me.... Maybe because of all the... Caroling... Haha!!
God's little Artist
Caramel Crunch

God's little Artist wrote:The Day After Christmas is one of my favorites.
I guess this doesn't count since it's "The Day After"

I'll have to go with Gifts for Madge and Guy, then. That one is really cute.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Nelson S. wrote:Wow, I've heard almost all of the Christmas episodes! My favorites are, 'A Christmas Conundrum' and, 'Silent Night'. 'Caroling, Caroling', was a major disappointment to me.... Maybe because of all the... Caroling... Haha!!
Yes, I fast-forwarded through most of the episode the one time I listened to it..now I just skip it all together. My favorite Christmas episodes are The Star Parts 1&2, and Back to Bethlehem Parts 1,2&3 .
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

WOW, I've heard all of the Christmas episodes!! Yeah, i agree 'Caroling, Caroling' was a big bummer for me. I don't even listen to it anymore, just skip it ;) I think my favorites are Back to Bethlehem 1,2,&3 and It's a Pokenberry Christmas ;) classics, indeed
Last edited by Connie_Kendall on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Odyssey Fan Wiley wrote:Oh, I forgot that one Kaida.

Oh and there is the one where Whit goes back to past Christmases when his family (or is it just Jana) can't come for the holidays. I forget what it's called though.
I believe you're talking about when Whit's flight was cancelled due to snow, so he stayed home and remembered Christmases past. It's called Silent Night.

Silent night is definitely a favorite of mine. I love any episode that explores Whit's past a little bit, and showing his kids as kids is even better. I also love Peace on Earth and The Undeniable Truth.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Jason wrote:
Odyssey Fan Wiley wrote:Oh, I forgot that one Kaida.

I believe you're talking about when Whit's flight was cancelled due to snow, so he stayed home and remembered Christmases past. It's called Silent Night.

Silent night is definitely a favorite of mine. I love any episode that explores Whit's past a little bit, and showing his kids as kids is even better.
I agree, this episode is very much one of my favorites. It makes me cry, but I love it!
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
brittany k
Peanut Butter Cup

my favorites are back to Bethlehem, parts 1,2 &3, and it's a pokenberry Christmas! I love all of them but those r my favorites! :)
I'm a crazy gal! :)
I love life! :)
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

How is no one mentioning Unto Us a Child is Born? That episode is amazing!

I also love all of the Paul Herlinger Christmas shows, including A Lamb's Tale, A Christmas Conundrum, and Silent Night.
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

I like that episode, it's just not my favorite ;)
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Heard Grandma's Christmas Visit again, hoping I'd find it better two years later after its original debut.

Ughhh...

It's still a weak plot with a bunch of random things that don't come together, but I still love any scene with Eva Parker & Abuelita, plus the gorgeous final scene with Lucia and Whit.
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

If you mean the plot threads and themes don't tie together properly, you're wrong. As a writer, let me assure you they do. Lucia's nuttiness and huge enthusiasm for her culture leads to Las Posadas (no idea about spelling) and Eva is overpowered and then reconciles with her mother (somewhat like in original visit though far less dramatically) Connie steps in and bosses and yells, and it winds together into a climatic Christmas celebration followed by the lovely ending.