894: A Simple Reminder

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Peachey Keen
Strawberry

894: A Simple Reminder

What did you all think of this month's Club episode?
You have a geek in me. An AIO one, actually.
Apple Podcasts|Google Podcasts|Spotify
ASmouseInTheHouse
Strawberry

Re: 894: A Simple Reminder

Overall, I liked it. I thought the references to 'technology' were pretty funny, and in my mind, my favorite parts of the episode. I do wish the Veggietales references were more evident, but what they did was pretty good.
(Coronavirus is in Odyssey! :mad: )
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
djchatswithu
Strawberry

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:39 pm
Overall, I liked it. I thought the references to 'technology' were pretty funny, and in my mind, my favorite parts of the episode. I do wish the Veggietales references were more evident, but what they did was pretty good.
(Coronavirus is in Odyssey! :mad: )
On the one hand, I'm glad they addressed the whole virus thing, but on the other hand, I think many people at the moment would be listening to Odyssey to take a break from what's been happening. the plot was okay (yet more great voice work from Katie) but in my opinion it was a bit too similar to other episodes like 'over the airwaves'. I'd love to see them do an episode similar to 'the coolest dog" only with video calls rather than a video camera.
Monica Stone
Chocolate Chip

This is kinda lazy, but I'll just copy what I wrote on the ToO:

I really liked it!

It was simple. It wasn't complex, nor was it trying to be. After all of the intricate multi-dimensional morals that have been delivered recently (I'm lookin' at you, "Millstones" and "The Rydell Revelations"), this episode was just a nice breather. I like complex morals and meditating upon them, but this one was a nice break for my brain.
Wilson Knox wrote:And you may be wondering if this little tale has a moral. The answer is...no. It doesn't. Except to say, as I did at the beginning, that sometimes, we need a simple reminder about the basics — what is truly important.
I liked the message Wilson delivered above. I think I'm becoming better at telling which writer writes which episodes before even knowing because I could feel Phil Lollar's writing showing through at this part. It kinda felt like "The Toy" at this part, which might be why. I'm not complaining; this was a good episode!

I finished listening to this episode for the first time at 12:44am. :anxious: That explains why I didn't catch that "Lou Sipher" was supposed to be a clever way of saying "Lucifer" until it was pointed out. And this morning I realized "secure-original-nutrient" stood for Son and the "synthetic-inverse-nutrient" stood for sin. Clever, clever.

Can we take a moment to appreciate the not-so-subtle references to Wilson getting "the bug that's going around"? And how he self-quarantined? And all the technical problems he faced with his livestream? I really laughed. :lol:
Polehaus53
Vanilla

Here's what I wrote on the ToO:

I liked this episode! I couldn't even tell it had been remotely recorded!
My favorite part was the Veggietales parody. I do wish that they had made more Veggietales references, though, and was slightly disappointed that the vegetables didn't sing more songs. But I really liked what they did sing. I played the song at least ten times :anxious: and got it stuck in my head.
I enjoyed the references to "the bug that's going around" in the episode. I'm hoping we hear more of these references in other remotely recorded episodes as they release.
Monica Stone wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:42 pm
I didn't catch that "Lou Sipher" was supposed to be a clever way of saying "Lucifer" until it was pointed out. And this morning I realized "secure-original-nutrient" stood for Son and the "synthetic-inverse-nutrient" stood for sin.
I also did not notice the "Lou Sipher" thing, nor did I notice the acronyms, "S.I.N" and "S.O.N" until they pointed it out.
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."