Tough Call

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Tough Call

Olivia's testimony at church draws unexpected attention, including from a girl who doesn't want anyone to know she's not a Christian

The Olivia arc continues and is becoming my favorite in recent memory.
I love that Marshal continues to touch on deep topics with this Olivia story. I found myself identifying with Jade along the way. While I've never doubted my faith per say, I have had times where I exprienced feelings like Jade such as missing out on something and not having peace among other things. However, I am so thankful that God has place so many great friends in my life that I can turn to in the difficult times.

I also like that Marshal continues to touch on the influence the devil can have if we allow it. Be that through music, video media, or even a dead Russian philosopher.
I hope this is not the end of where Olivia's story goes.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I hadn’t listened to AIO in years, but today I randomly decided to listen to an episode. So I haven’t heard any other episodes from this album.
I identified with Jade as well. I am currently in the process of returning to Christianity after several years of not being a Christian. Because of my experience, I felt that the portrayal of Jade was a bit unrealistic. She seemed more like a struggling Christian to me than like someone who is fully non-Christian.

I liked how Olivia pointed out that listening to depressing music can be harmful, but that seems like a very minor point for Olivia to be bringing up. Jade’s main issue seemed to be a lack of connection with God, and although purging negative media in her life might indirectly help her relationship with God, she probably had bigger issues to focus on.

Also, I found it interesting how they mentioned a couple times that there were protestors at the church. I’m assuming the pastor was saying that homosexuality is a sin or something. How common is it for people to protest outside of churches?