#950: "Daybreak"

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

#950: "Daybreak"

The second-to-last episode in album 73. Here are a few of my thoughts:
So, it looks like I was wrong about the Alexander Dervici guy being The Chairman, he’s actually an entirely different person, my mistake. :oops:

Everything’s starting to make sense now. William Rusk is actually a bad guy! He broke into Triple J Antiques to get Jason’s fingerprints! I figured as much (not the break-in part, but I was suspicious from his first appearance). I am very interested in what he is planning to do to prevent the removal of the chip. I somehow don’t see this ending well. But the AIO Team really wouldn’t kill Jason, would they? I highly doubt they will, but it looks like that’s where it’s going as of the end of this episode. :anxious:

Oh, and a bomb about to go off in the hospital. That’s dangerous. However, I don’t quite understand what purpose this “Plan B” is serving. As Whit said, a bomb blowing up friends still isn’t enough to have Jason give up the codes. Did Dervici not even consider this? And if Whit, Jillian, Connie and the bomb squad disable the bomb, then there’s even less incentive for Jason to give the codes. It’s all still reliant on if Rusk can prevent the chip from being removed. So, what is trying to be accomplished with this bomb being set for a backup plan? I’m confused. Not to judge or anything, but this “Plan B” doesn’t seem very well thought out. :?

My overthinking aside, I bet the bomb is what Sky Feldstein had in her suitcase when she drove off in the previous episode. I’m wondering where she is. In previous episode “Dead of Night”, Detective Polehaus and Burke were watching her car, so I assume she is nearby. Perhaps still in the hospital?

I like that there was some humor to lighten the mood in this episode. The scene with Connie trying to get Jason to think about other things but inadvertently bringing up “subs” every time was funny. :lol:

The scene with Jillian, Whit and Connie praying reminded me of the prayers that went on in "Exit". I bet that was intentional, and I like it. :yes:

This episode was not as intense as I had hoped it would be (as in there was no parental warning), but that’s okay, I am overall very interested in seeing how this will all conclude. \:D/

Okay, I’m going to give a few thoughts regarding how I think this will all end:
I can’t see any winning situation here. No matter what happens, it looks like Jason’s going to die. Since The Chairman still needs Jason alive and the chip to remain in the brain, Rusk will probably forcefully prevent Joseph Calhoun from removing it. Whether it be kicking him out of the room or attacking him, I can see some violence coming. After extracting all the codes that they need from him, I assume they’ll finish him off, since they’ll have all the information they need. That’s Jason’s first way to die right there. But then again, if Dr. Calhoun somehow overcomes Rusk and still proceeds with the uncertain operation, Jason still has likely possibility of death. That’s a second possibility for Jason’s death. The only difference is that he’ll die without giving any of the information to blow up the world to Mr. Chairman.
Oh, and Whit, Connie, and Jillian have eleven minutes to disable the bomb. It’s not going to help anything if it blows up with everyone still in the hospital.

While I'm pretty sure they're not going to kill Jason, I'm still unsure. But I'm thinking that if he does somehow survive, it will be at a great personal cost. Maybe he loses one of his five senses or his ability to walk or his memory, or something like that from the removal of the chip.

Overall, I am definitely looking forward to what the next episode holds. :yes:
Anyone else have any thoughts?
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Polehaus53 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:50 am
The second-to-last episode in album 73. Here are a few of my thoughts:
So, it looks like I was wrong about the Alexander Dervici guy being The Chairman, he’s actually an entirely different person, my mistake. :oops:

Everything’s starting to make sense now. William Rusk is actually a bad guy! He broke into Triple J Antiques to get Jason’s fingerprints! I figured as much (not the break-in part, but I was suspicious from his first appearance). I am very interested in what he is planning to do to prevent the removal of the chip. I somehow don’t see this ending well. But the AIO Team really wouldn’t kill Jason, would they? I highly doubt they will, but it looks like that’s where it’s going as of the end of this episode. :anxious:

Oh, and a bomb about to go off in the hospital. That’s dangerous. However, I don’t quite understand what purpose this “Plan B” is serving. As Whit said, a bomb blowing up friends still isn’t enough to have Jason give up the codes. Did Dervici not even consider this? And if Whit, Jillian, Connie and the bomb squad disable the bomb, then there’s even less incentive for Jason to give the codes. It’s all still reliant on if Rusk can prevent the chip from being removed. So, what is trying to be accomplished with this bomb being set for a backup plan? I’m confused. Not to judge or anything, but this “Plan B” doesn’t seem very well thought out. :?

My overthinking aside, I bet the bomb is what Sky Feldstein had in her suitcase when she drove off in the previous episode. I’m wondering where she is. In previous episode “Dead of Night”, Detective Polehaus and Burke were watching her car, so I assume she is nearby. Perhaps still in the hospital?

I like that there was some humor to lighten the mood in this episode. The scene with Connie trying to get Jason to think about other things but inadvertently bringing up “subs” every time was funny. :lol:

The scene with Jillian, Whit and Connie praying reminded me of the prayers that went on in "Exit". I bet that was intentional, and I like it. :yes:

This episode was not as intense as I had hoped it would be (as in there was no parental warning), but that’s okay, I am overall very interested in seeing how this will all conclude. \:D/

Okay, I’m going to give a few thoughts regarding how I think this will all end:
I can’t see any winning situation here. No matter what happens, it looks like Jason’s going to die. Since The Chairman still needs Jason alive and the chip to remain in the brain, Rusk will probably forcefully prevent Joseph Calhoun from removing it. Whether it be kicking him out of the room or attacking him, I can see some violence coming. After extracting all the codes that they need from him, I assume they’ll finish him off, since they’ll have all the information they need. That’s Jason’s first way to die right there. But then again, if Dr. Calhoun somehow overcomes Rusk and still proceeds with the uncertain operation, Jason still has likely possibility of death. That’s a second possibility for Jason’s death. The only difference is that he’ll die without giving any of the information to blow up the world to Mr. Chairman.
Oh, and Whit, Connie, and Jillian have eleven minutes to disable the bomb. It’s not going to help anything if it blows up with everyone still in the hospital.

While I'm pretty sure they're not going to kill Jason, I'm still unsure. But I'm thinking that if he does somehow survive, it will be at a great personal cost. Maybe he loses one of his five senses or his ability to walk or his memory, or something like that from the removal of the chip.

Overall, I am definitely looking forward to what the next episode holds. :yes:
Anyone else have any thoughts?
first off, did anyone notice this episode was only just over 20 minutes long, AIO episodes are usually 22 minutes long. Rusk seems to remind me of Professor Bovril, while this Derveci guy is similar to Mr Charles. I'm also curious as to whether the chairman will be caught or not this time.

I'm not sure if they'll kill Jason. or maybe he'll die but only for a minute on the operating table and then come back to life, it's not unheard of. I don't think they'll give him memory loss though, that's too predictable (plus they did it last time!). Regarding the chip itself, I'm really curious as to how this will end for Jason. the options are the same as I dreamt 11 years ago, and as I never got to find out if the surgery was successful, I'm eagerly awaiting the outcome. the options here are either Jason dies and the plan fails or the hospital is blown up and the plan also fails. However, with a bomb in the hospital, will the operation even still go ahead? it's possible Rusk doesn't know exactly where the bomb is, so even if there's a fight between him and Calhoun, they could be blown up anyway.

With Jillian, I can see some similarities between her and Tasha, in the way they seem to give in to Jason and break rules, so maybe it's not that far fetched to see Jason be with her. (or Jason has a way with women even he doesn't understand) there's also a funny moment with Connie suggets hitting Jason with a chair, which reminded me of life expectancy:
If I (can't remember exactly) can somebody slap me?
Are you asking for a volunteer?
Eugene!

and "a most surprising answer"
"they say a blow to the head sometimes helps"
"I've got a shovel in my truck"
"be serious will you guys"

In that scene in the car I thought Connie was going to ask Jason about what kind of woman he would want to marry, going back to the scene at the start of the album (it also seems to be a recurring theme in this album).
All in all I can't wait to hear the 'Final Minutes' of this.
Woobou
Vanilla

Do y’all really think they will kill off Jason? Especially since they started it off with him saying all of these things about his dream relationship- all of which Jillian has turned out to be? If they kill Jason in this last episode, the entire album will be ruined IMHO. And if Jason dies, how will they wrap up his death/funeral in one episode? Will we have to wait 6 months to wrap that up? That seems a little far fetched. I hope.
Lime jello. Carburetors. Fresh stick anti-perspirant. Ant farms. Sea monkeys. Cheese.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Woobou wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:16 pm
Do y’all really think they will kill off Jason? Especially since they started it off with him saying all of these things about his dream relationship- all of which Jillian has turned out to be? If they kill Jason in this last episode, the entire album will be ruined IMHO. And if Jason dies, how will they wrap up his death/funeral in one episode? Will we have to wait 6 months to wrap that up? That seems a little far fetched. I hope.
As I said I don't think they will actually kill Jason off, it's more a question of what the alternatives are, because it certainly sounds like something is going to happen to Jason, and Rusk knows he could possibly be killed if he doesn't stop Calhoun.