#947 Afternoon

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

#947 Afternoon

Detective Polehaus joins Whit to investigate what really happened during a break-in at the Antique shop while Jason tries to make sense of his unusual situation.
What did you make of the revelations in this latest adventure?
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I have thoughts on this episode. But first, Major spoiler warning! I beg of you, do not read any more unless you want to be seriously spoiled! Seriously, click the spoiler at your own risk! Okay, you’ve been warned.

Sorry about the long spoiler warning. I usually am not so dramatic, but I’m not taking any chances getting sued for spoiling this episode. :D Anyway, on to my thoughts:
Two main points. First off, it appears as though all the jokes the fans have made about Jillian Marshall being a secret agent are true! O.o My thoughts regarding Jillian are mixed. I think it's kind of cool that she has been playing this silly character all this time as an undercover agent. However, I also feel like it's too easy an answer for her to be an agent. Perhaps a bit forced. After all, it has been hinted and theorized that Jillian was introduced to be a love interest for Jason. Well, what a great excuse for her to get together with Jason, since she’s apparently also an agent. However, I’m not going to judge just yet. I’m willing to see how it goes. I think it’s safe to assume that we’ll see whether or not Jason and Jillian will be getting together after this whole album is over. Let’s see how this goes.

Second off, THE CHAIRMAN IS BACK! It has been 20 years, 35 albums, and 488 episodes, but HE HAS RETURNED! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ I am extremely excited to see how the rest of this album goes! We don’t have any motive or know what he’s up to, but we now know that he’s the one behind everything, so I look forward to finding out his intentions.

As far as my predictions go, I'm thinking about some of the lines in this episode. First off, Jillian says that Jason's rescue was "actually pretty simple. Surprisingly simple." This is something I'd have to agree with that makes me think. Wouldn't the Chairman be more careful to not let Jason escape? He went through the trouble to kidnap Jason to get this contact from the Pentagon. Unless Jason's contact isn't as extremely as important to his plan. After all, the voice says to the Chairman that everything else is in place and that the mission is going as planned. So, I guess we'll see exactly how important this contact of Jason's is.

I’m also wondering who sabotaged Detective Polehaus’ car. Was it Jillian? Someone else? Who else out there doesn't want Jason to be found?

Okay, those were my main thoughts. On to the little details.
More great humor in this episode which I liked. The scene with Jason’s extroverted kidnapper talking to Jason was pretty funny. His description of talking to Moe being like conversing with a plate of meatloaf was great. :lol:

Jason’s shock about Jillian being an agent was great.
“To be fair, it’s hard to put your life in the hands of someone who just yesterday asked if an egg was a fruit or a vegetable.”
This line had (and still has) me laughing. :lol: But seriously, I can imagine the shock that he must be in. Hearing Jillian act and talk like a normal person is going to take some getting used to. Both for the characters in Odyssey and the listeners.
Well, those are all my thoughts for now. Overall, a good episode. :yes:
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.