#946 Morning

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

#946 Morning

It's a typical morning in Odyssey. Jason needs to jumpstart a car, Connie's giving relationship advice, and Jillian is late to her job at Triple J Antiques. But when Whit discovers an injured doctor, events are set in motion that lead to the longest day in the small town's history. Show Less
28 Hours has begun airing on the club. Let's talk about it.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Ah, yes. The first part of the long-anticipated 28 Hours album! \:D/ This was quite an episode. A little late, but here are some of my thoughts:
The start of this episode was good. It kicks off with a mysterious injured doctor. I was reminded of “The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part 1” where Whit finds that Monty has been injured.

A little complaint I have here: In the scene in the hospital, I feel like the dialogue between Whit and Detective Polehaus about Polehaus’ blind date went on too long. Is that really necessary? Unless something about this blind date becomes significant in the upcoming episodes, I can’t see what the point of Polehaus’ lines complaining about his date were about.
Warning! Mild spoiler for “Afternoon” in the below spoiler:
So, I understand it has been established that Sky Feldstein was the person Polehaus went on the blind date with and that it is her workers’ sweatshirt in the dumpster. However, I still think all these lines about it were unneeded. What does her being a vegetarian, her electric car, and her age have to do with anything? Unless they become very significant in the rest of the album. :?
This is a kids’ show, and I don’t see why they must bring in this stuff unless it becomes very important to the plot later on. So, I guess we’ll see.

There were some great lines in here that made me laugh. Jillian’s line, “I didn’t hear my alarm. Or maybe I forgot to set it. Or maybe I don’t have an alarm.” was pretty funny. Detective Polehaus’ sarcastic replies to everything Jillian says were pretty humorous as well. :lol:

The scene where Jason was crashed into by Oscar was absolutely amazing, I really liked it! All of it was well done, from the sound design to the music to the acting. :clap: I’m wondering how this supposed “accident” connects with the break-in at Triple J Antiques.

Oh, yeah, and this episode features the return of Officer Stew Burke! His last appearance was in “Accidental Dilemma, Part 2”, 14 years and 311 episodes ago! I enjoyed hearing him again and hope that he makes some more appearances in the rest of this album. I am kind of disappointed that Martin didn’t appear, but maybe he will in the next episodes.

I notice that during the wraps, Chris doesn't list the cast. Could that be because there might be actors of characters we know who will appear later on? Or maybe they're trying to avoid actor-related spoilers like they had with "Rydell Revelations", where a photo of the actress of Tasha was posted on the AIO Facebook page before “The Rydell Revelations, Part 2” was released.

One of the things that Chris does say is that the sound design for this episode was by Zach Schneider and Luke Guenot, the newest sound designers for the AIO Team. I must say, they did a good job! I look forward to hearing their work in the rest of this album. :clap:
Well, those are some of my thoughts. Overall, I would say that this was a great start to Album 73: 28 Hours! :yes:
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.