Set a Watchman

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Set a Watchman

So, what did everyone think of this episode?
Zoe is diabetic? O.o
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Here are my thoughts:
I thought it was good. It was fun to see Camp What-A-Nut return in a mainstream album and not a Club-exclusive episode. Hopefully we have more camp episodes in the future. :pray:

It's interesting to see how Olivia has changed through questioning her faith. She says in the episode that she needs to work through it on her own. If this includes talking to her imaginary friend, like she did in "Triple-Decker Sundae", then I doubt that it's going to do her any good. :noway: Let's hope she gets her faith back in the last episode, "Worth It".

I also found Connie's ongoing updates about Joe being bitten by badgers pretty funny. We now need an episode about Wildcat Joe and his badger incident! \:D/

It's interesting how they mentioned that Zoe has blood sugar problems. I suppose she is diabetic. That's the first time we've had a diabetic character in Odyssey as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong :anxious:).

The final scene with Connie and Zoe was great. It's interesting that Connie once had a friend who walked away from their faith like Olivia. Why hasn't she been mentioned before? Also good use of the verse in Ezekiel.
Overall, I thought it was good. I look forward to the last episode in Album 71!
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

My thoughts
While I don't have a short novel worth of thoughts, I do have a few. Admittedly, any time Camp What-A-Nut pops up, I get nostalgic for the early days and it's nice to know it still exists. I also liked how there was a specific emphasis on it being more than a camp just for fun and games, but that church and God is a big part of it.

My favorite part of the whole episode is the fasting revelation. Some would argue that the way Zoe went about the fast was wrong and in terms of her health I might be inclined to agree. However, Zoe also feels desperate for an answer from God and maybe thats just how she felt to go about it. They did touch on the fact that health wise it was wrong and hopefully parents direct their children to other fasting methods if it applies to them. I also imagine that at first Zoe just didn't want anyone to know she was fasting since some might argue that is something between you and God. I also found the scene powerful in that, without outright saying it, they conveyed how important Olivia's soul is. It is equally powerful the way Zoe was willing to go to bat for Olivia. We all need that friend who will go to bat for us. In some cases to face the devil head on.