The 18-Yard Line

Your membership into the Adventures in Odyssey Club grants you a special key! Here is the place to discuss all of the club exclusive episodes.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

The 18-Yard Line

Another football episode!
Artwork. Love it. At first, I couldn't figure out what Jay was holding under his arm until I took a closer look and saw that he was wearing the owl costume. :P Being a mascot suits him...
Speaking of Jay, he really didn't serve any real purpose in the episode apart from being funny. I've written my thoughts about this before, so I'll keep quiet this time. But most interesting is how he and the coach mentioned Eugene's absence. Which made this episode sad on a whole new level. :(
I need to hear the episode again. It feels like I always say that and then never do because I don't have the time! :mad:
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I thought this episode was nice. I didn’t find it extremely noteworthy, but overall, it was enjoyable. It was good to hear Cooper and Buck interacting again, I enjoyed hearing that.

It is indeed sad to have those lines about Eugene being unavailable. This is the first episode affected by Will Ryan’s absence, as it says on the Club in the Webquest section.
AIO Club wrote:This was the first Adventures in Odyssey episode impacted by actor Will Ryan’s illness last fall. Not long before the recording session, we learned that Will wouldn’t be able to join us, so the script was rewritten with Jay as the assistant coach. Jay is always good for a laugh, but we sure do miss hearing Will’s voice.
I had hoped that Jay would play a bigger role in this episode. I’m always happy to hear Jay, but I feel like he didn’t really contribute much to the episode’s overall plot. Since Jay was written in to replace Eugene, I’m wondering if the script originally had Eugene playing a large role which Jay couldn’t fulfill.

I liked how the episodes “In A Sun-Scorched Land” play into this episode with Joseph Calhoun referencing his experience when speaking to Cooper.

The lesson overall was good. I liked the character of Austin, and I would be interested in hearing this story with him and Cooper continue in future episodes.

So overall, I thought this episode was pretty good. I think Kathy Buchanan did a good job on it! I like that we’ve had a deeper story about Cooper, and I look forward to hearing more of him in future episodes. :yes:
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.