Drake and the Aberrant Automaton

Your membership into the Adventures in Odyssey Club grants you a special key! Here is the place to discuss all of the club exclusive episodes.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Drake and the Aberrant Automaton

This was quite an interesting episode.
My main concern was the aspect of a robot having emotions and the implications that come with that. It just felt a bit odd for (at the end of the episode) people to be able to buy a robot as a replacement for a human relationship. Thoughts?
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:07 am
This was quite an interesting episode.
My main concern was the aspect of a robot having emotions and the implications that come with that. It just felt a bit odd for (at the end of the episode) people to be able to buy a robot as a replacement for a human relationship. Thoughts?
I figure after the episode the robots would be used for companionship or as a carer, rather than just servants. however I think it was a bit rushed. Overall I'm not a huge fan of the Drake episodes (They seemed to be aimed at younger listeners, which is fine of course) however I do enjoy listening to Jess and Townsend's interactions, even if they are scripted!