Thoughts on AIO Club Season 7 Episodes

Your membership into the Adventures in Odyssey Club grants you a special key! Here is the place to discuss all of the club exclusive episodes.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Thoughts on AIO Club Season 7 Episodes

The year of 2020 is coming to an end. This year, 12 AIO Club exclusive episodes were released:

1. Unsinkable, Part 1
2. Unsinkable, Part 2
3. Out of Her Element
4. Young Whit and the Revolutionary Secret
5. Bridget, Redefined
6. Cars, Trains and Motorcycles
7. Millstones
8. Badges of Honor
9. A Simple Reminder
10. The Martyr and the Rooster
11. The Forever Gift
12. Teach a Man

There were a few notable episodes in here:
  • “Unsinkable”, which answered the fan’s question of if there will ever be an episode about the sinking of the Titanic.
  • A unique trip to Chicago with Whit, Wooton, Eugene, and Connie in “Cars, Trains and Motorcycles”.
  • “Millstones”, a very controversial episode.
  • The unexpected “Badges of Honor”, which was made temporarily available outside the Club.
  • “A Simple Reminder”, which was the first remotely recorded episode to be released.
In my opinion, this club season was pretty good. The majority of the episodes received a 4 out of 5 stars from me. I really enjoyed “Out of Her Element”, “Bridget, Redefined”, “Badges of Honor”, and “A Simple Reminder”. The ones that I didn’t like as much were “Young Whit and the Revolutionary Secret” and “Millstones”. I am unable to choose a favorite from these twelve episodes.

But no matter what anybody thinks, we can all look forward to 12 more new Club episodes in 2021.

What did you all think about the exclusive episodes released in the Club this year? Which episodes were good? Which ones were bad? Do you have a favorite? I am interested in hearing your thoughts!
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

I thought this season was pretty solid! The first half of the year (excluding "Young Whit & the Revolutionary Secret") had my favorites and I thought they were really great. "Unsinkable, Parts 1-2" was very moving and excellently done. Kathy Buchanan shines with historical dramas. I thought the scenes with present-day Emily, Jason, and Whit paled in comparison to the flashbacks but were still solid. The scene where the Titanic sinks...it was hauntingly & perfectly done. "Out of Her Element" was just a ton of fun and was pretty clever. "Young Whit & the Revolutionary Secret" was...thematically convoluted. It introduced themes and story points and muddled them imo. "Bridget, Redefined" was yet another extremely well-written Perkins family episode and I loved hearing more about Bridget and her struggles. "Cars, Trains & Motorcycles" is a new classic and a classic Connie/Eugene episode and high Whit...lol.

The second half of the episodes were much more hit or miss. I liked "Millstones" a whole lot...until Connie started acting uncharacteristically. Despite having minor gripes with it, "Badges of Honor" was good and enjoyable. "A Simple Reminder" was simple fun and I laughed at the jokes involving Wilson having a virus and struggling to manage technology. "The Martyr and the Rooster" was dark but it used that darkness in a memorable way. And, to be perfectly honest, I didn't really enjoy the final two episodes "The Forever Gift" and "Teach a Man." I just had too many issues.

Overall, I think "Unsinkable, Part 2" was my favorite but there are many gems. I'm definitely looking forward to the 2021 episodes and I'm excited to see what's in store.
Be the reason someone smiles today.
Matthewparker2
Vanilla

Monica Stone wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:25 pm
I thought this season was pretty solid! The first half of the year (excluding "Young Whit & the Revolutionary Secret") had my favourites and I thought they were really great. "Unsinkable, Parts 1-2" was very moving and excellently done. Kathy Buchanan shines with historical dramas. I thought the scenes with present-day Emily, Jason, and Whit paled in comparison to the flashbacks but were still solid. The scene where the Titanic sinks... was hauntingly & perfectly done. "Out of Her Element" was just a ton of fun and was pretty clever. "Young Whit & the Revolutionary Secret" was...thematically convoluted. It introduced themes and story points and muddled them IMO. "Bridget, Redefined" was yet another extremely well-written Perkins family episode and I loved hearing more about Bridget and her struggles. "Cars, Trains & Motorcycles" is a new classic and a classic Connie/Eugene episode and high Whit...lol.

The second half of the episodes were much more hit or miss. I liked "Millstones" a whole lot...until Connie started acting uncharacteristically. Despite having minor gripes with it, "Badges of Honor" was good and enjoyable. "A Simple Reminder" was simple fun and I laughed at the jokes involving Wilson having a virus and struggling to manage technology. "The Martyr and the Rooster" was dark but it memorably used that darkness. And, to be perfectly honest, I didn't really enjoy the final two episodes "The Forever Gift" and "Teach a Man." I just had too many issues.

Overall, I think "Unsinkable, Part 2" was my favourite but there are many gems. I'm definitely looking forward to the 2021 episodes and I'm excited to see what's in store.
Wow, I never thought I'd say this but I agree almost 100% with a comment, and literally felt the same thing, and wrote it on my own website. The first half of the year was definitely awesome, and I agree Kathy Buchanan's writing for historical drama is AMAZING,. I didn't enjoy "Young Whit" because it wasn't super involving or entertaining, I like Millstones at first but upon several relistens have grown a distaste for it." Bridget, Redefined" was well done, and "Out of Her Element" and "Cars, Trains, and Motorcycles" were HILARIOUS, very different from Kathy Buchanan's comedic style, but still quite well done.

The second half was odd, I found "A Simple Reminder" quite odd, I thought the technology part was funny, but the rest was... painfully silly to say the least, and at the end basically says "There's no moral, but there is" cementing my thoughts that the episode was better off maybe not being made. "Teach a Man" and "The Forever Gift" were honestly, forgettable, I didn't love how the characters of Wooton, Penny, Jay, and Zoe were portrayed, and to be quite honest they weren't as funny or relatable as other episodes ex. "The Shame About Fame" and "All for the Guest" (coincidentally both Kathy Buchanan episodes), they were slightly above average episodes at best. "The Martyr and the Rooster" had an odd end and beginning, and the main story didn't compel me as much because of the similar voices and semi-interesting plot. I didn't love "Badges of Honor" the first time I heard it but I've grown to enjoy it. The majority of the last six are better upon a relisten, part of my dislike for them may have had to do with the first 6 setting the bar so high, but the stories were objectively not as good.

Overall a pretty good year for the club, in terms of production and writing quality there was a dip in originality and uniqueness from Season 6, but there were more episodes I liked, oddly enough. Props to the odyssey team on another good year of club episodes. Can't wait to hear more from Marshal, Kathy, and Bob (Smithouser) in the future!

Club Season 7 Ranked and Rated
  • 1-2. Unsinkable, Pt.1-2: 97%
    3. "Cars, Trains, and Motorcyles": 95%
    4. "Out of Her Element"- 93%
    5. "Bridget Redefined"- 90%
    6. "Badges of Honor"- 88%
    7. "Teach a Man"- 87%
    8. "The Forever Gift"- 86%
    9. "The Martyr and the Rooster"- 84%
    10. "Millstones"- 80%
    11. "Young Whit and the Revolutionary Secret"- 78%
    12. "A Simple Reminder- 70%