Cars, Trains, and Motorcycles

Your membership into the Adventures in Odyssey Club grants you a special key! Here is the place to discuss all of the club exclusive episodes.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Cars, Trains, and Motorcycles

So... what y'all think of this one? I'm having a hard time forming an opinion.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Well, Whit sure is different when he's on painkillers, also, remind me, is there actually another episode where Whit rides a motorcycle, cause I can't seem to recall it.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

This episode was different. The music remained pretty much the same between scenes. I felt like Eugene was talking a little more like a normal person. The ending where the theme was revealed felt a little off. I would have liked Penny to come down or talk from the window to reassure the gang instead of Bruce. But hey, this episode was pretty funny. For me, the best part was Wooton in the train.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

It was so fast paced that I was unable to form an opinion the first time through.
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Bren wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:23 am
It was so fast paced that I was unable to form an opinion the first time through.
"Cars, Trains, and Motorcycles" has 21 scenes, some of the most scenes ever in an odyssey episode. Generally this episode was very fast paced and by now I have listened to it multiple times. But this episode has great re-listen value because every time I heard it I always noticed new things. the music was great and I generally think that this is one of the best club episodes.
Buckles shipper. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yes, okay I agree with what everyone said. Half the time I hated the music, half the time it was kinda fun. I think overall it was good though. The characters were written accurately. I really don't think I heard anything that felt "off" about the dialog. It was refreshing to get some classic Connie and Eugene arguing. Wooton's scene on the train felt classic as well, and I thought it was genuinely funny. Whit sort of got on my nerves or just felt too young I guess, but that's just Andre's Whit let's be honest. And I thought several of his lines were funny too. The tattoo line in particular made me laugh. I agree Penny should have been in the episode. Also, there's the whole situation with Eugene and Katrina talking about the new counselor and stuff. Did I miss something? Cuz like, there was the counselor on the train. Was that her? It was just weird and ended up feeling like a loose end.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

PennyBassett wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:48 pm
Also, there's the whole situation with Eugene and Katrina talking about the new counselor and stuff. Did I miss something? Cuz like, there was the counselor on the train. Was that her? It was just weird and ended up feeling like a loose end.
I know, right? I thought she would be the counselor he was talking about. I also felt that they might run into Clint at some point.
Carl
Caramel Crunch

PennyBassett wrote:
Whit sort of got on my nerves or just felt too young I guess, but that's just Andre's Whit let's be honest. And I thought several of his lines were funny too.
Yeah Whit was...interesting, mostly it was Andre because if I imagine Paul's or Hal's portrayal it would be much different. The only line that I thought was weird was his popcorn ball line, but everything else was fine.
Buckles shipper. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Peachey Keen wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:15 pm
PennyBassett wrote:
Also, there's the whole situation with Eugene and Katrina talking about the new counselor and stuff. Did I miss something? Cuz like, there was the counselor on the train. Was that her? It was just weird and ended up feeling like a loose end.
I know, right? I thought she would be the counselor he was talking about. I also felt that they might run into Clint at some point.
that probably wasn't buck's new councilor, but if she is it would be funny if she met Eugene at the next inspection "now she's in your league" "league?" "she thinks miss kendall is in a, quote, higher league then me" "you mean she's more desirable then me?" "well not in my opinon".
I thought their rideshare driver would turn out to be Clint!
Carl wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:42 pm
PennyBassett wrote:
Whit sort of got on my nerves or just felt too young I guess, but that's just Andre's Whit let's be honest. And I thought several of his lines were funny too.
Yeah Whit was...interesting, mostly it was Andre because if I imagine Paul's or Hal's portrayal it would be much different. The only line that I thought was weird was his popcorn ball line, but everything else was fine.
I think we now know where Whit got his idea for his pizza machine though.