Sew On and Snow Forth

Your membership into the Adventures in Odyssey Club grants you a special key! Here is the place to discuss all of the club exclusive episodes.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Sew On and Snow Forth

So, what did everyone think?
Was that lady a Doris relative? Wondering why the AIO team decided to make that reference.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:27 pm
So, what did everyone think?
Was that lady a Doris relative? Wondering why the AIO team decided to make that reference.
YES, I'm certain it's Doris' mother (the eating habits, her surname, the way she talked, to much like Doris to be an aunt) I'm not sure why they included her but I'm glad they did. for the first minute I thought it was Doris (she could have divorced Bart and taken back her maiden name) until I checked the cast list. also, the women seem to be around the same age as Whit and Wilson, which would make Delores the right age to be Doris mother.

On that note, I know there was a thread about if the Rathbones would ever become Christians (very unlikely I suspect) but it's interesting that Delores seems open to the idea of prayer.
overall this was a pretty entertaining episode, and I like how Kayla's reports give us a 'mini-timeline' of the 4 episodes. this takes place before and during The Snow Must Go on. so far, we have Whit and Wilson leaving to look for Wooton and 4 kids in a minibus, we know that Kayla went to park Wally's truck at the end of the last episode, so maybe they found the group in the bus and rang Kayla to bring the truck (after calling wally first of course) the cast for the next episode only includes Buck and Jules, maybe they're with Wooton? I'm guessing the 3rd part is about the bus and the forth will bring all the characters from the different episodes together.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

This episode was interesting. Very well connected with “The Snow Must Go On”.

I liked that we got to hear Horus’ mother again. She last appeared in "Out Of Her Element" and I enjoyed hearing her again in this episode. Hopefully she (and Horus as well) will appear in future episodes.

Also good to hear from Eleanor Wise again. I'm hoping she appears in an album episode at some point rather than appearing in the Club exclusives all the time.

What was Delores eating in the scene with her and Whit? She asks for salt, pepper, doughnuts, ketchup, and pork chops. Sounds messy.
djchatswithu wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:46 pm
I'm certain it's Doris' mother (the eating habits, her surname, the way she talked, to much like Doris to be an aunt) I'm not sure why they included her but I'm glad they did. for the first minute I thought it was Doris (she could have divorced Bart and taken back her maiden name) until I checked the cast list. also, the women seem to be around the same age as Whit and Wilson, which would make Delores the right age to be Doris mother.
Actually, Phil Lollar has confirmed that Delores is Bart Rathbone’s sister, who married Doris’ brother. So that would make her Doris' sister-in-law. I liked this character and wouldn't mind if she makes appearances in future episodes.

I wasn’t a big fan of Wilson’s behavior in this episode. Pretty rude and immature that he caused Elenor, Edie, and Delores to argue again after Whit had calmed them down just because he wanted to win a bet with Whit and have a snowball fight. :noway: But I did enjoy their banter. Whit and Wilson’s interactions are always fun to hear. I feel like Wilson has been appearing a lot in the Club exclusive episodes. I wish that he and Whit would make more appearances in the mainstream albums.

Overall, this was a pretty good episode and I’ll be listening to it many more times, but I think I liked “The Snow Must Go On” better.

Looking forward to next month’s snow episode! :yes:
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Polehaus53 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:43 pm
This episode was interesting. Very well connected with “The Snow Must Go On”.

I liked that we got to hear Horus’ mother again. She last appeared in "Out Of Her Element" and I enjoyed hearing her again in this episode. Hopefully she (and Horus as well) will appear in future episodes.

Also good to hear from Eleanor Wise again. I'm hoping she appears in an album episode at some point rather than appearing in the Club exclusives all the time.

What was Delores eating in the scene with her and Whit? She asks for salt, pepper, doughnuts, ketchup, and pork chops. Sounds messy.
djchatswithu wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:46 pm
I'm certain it's Doris' mother (the eating habits, her surname, the way she talked, to much like Doris to be an aunt) I'm not sure why they included her but I'm glad they did. for the first minute I thought it was Doris (she could have divorced Bart and taken back her maiden name) until I checked the cast list. also, the women seem to be around the same age as Whit and Wilson, which would make Delores the right age to be Doris mother.
Actually, Phil Lollar has confirmed that Delores is Bart Rathbone’s sister, who married Doris’ brother. So that would make her Doris' sister-in-law. I liked this character and wouldn't mind if she makes appearances in future episodes.

I wasn’t a big fan of Wilson’s behavior in this episode. Pretty rude and immature that he caused Elenor, Edie, and Delores to argue again after Whit had calmed them down just because he wanted to win a bet with Whit and have a snowball fight. :noway: But I did enjoy their banter. Whit and Wilson’s interactions are always fun to hear. I feel like Wilson has been appearing a lot in the Club exclusive episodes. I wish that he and Whit would make more appearances in the mainstream albums.

Overall, this was a pretty good episode and I’ll be listening to it many more times, but I think I liked “The Snow Must Go On” better.

Looking forward to next month’s snow episode! :yes:
Ok, so Bart's sister (Delores) married Doris brother?, ie, they married each others sibling?? yeah, ok, moving on from that er 'interesting' revelation I thought the scene where Wilson messes with the ladies, just so as to not lose a bet, was pretty immature. also, how did he and Whit get the car free at the end if they couldn't the first time?
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

djchatswithu wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:38 am
also, how did he and Whit get the car free at the end if they couldn't the first time?
They didn't say they got the car out, Wilson just told Whit to come with him. I think they will end up harnessing a horse and using the sleigh to get to the bus. And if that horse turns out to be Rachel or Leah, I'm not sure how I will react.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:39 pm
djchatswithu wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:38 am
also, how did he and Whit get the car free at the end if they couldn't the first time?
They didn't say they got the car out, Wilson just told Whit to come with him. I think they will end up harnessing a horse and using the sleigh to get to the bus. And if that horse turns out to be Rachel or Leah, I'm not sure how I will react.
That's what I meant. I just thought there'd be a line where someone asks how they'll get the car out. I reckon if they use a horse (though it's unlikely due to the weather) it's more likely to be the foul that Leah or Rachel had in one episode (can't remember what Tom named it though). Becky could have also adopted one or two of the horses from Horses for Courses.