#918 The Snow Must Go On

Your membership into the Adventures in Odyssey Club grants you a special key! Here is the place to discuss all of the club exclusive episodes.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

#918 The Snow Must Go On

What did everyone think of this episode?
A few of my random thoughts:
- Guess it entirely slipped my mind that Joseph Calhoun was a doctor, because for some reason when I read the summary, I thought that he was the one who needed surgery :oops:
- I also thought that Joseph was the one in the front of the sled before hearing the episode
- Yay! The entire Calhoun family together in one episode!
- Also pretty happy that Haggler's Junkyard/Wally Haggler appeared. (Now I wish Wally could be in an episode (with Jay))
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I liked this episode! It’s about time the entire Calhoun family appeared in an episode together. We’ve been getting a lot of Perkins family episodes lately, which I’m fine with, but I’m also interested in seeing the other new family in Odyssey, the Calhoun family. Which we finally hear in this first episode of the “Snow Series”.

The sound design in this episode was good. The only small gripe I had about it is that the AIO sound designers seem to be using real-life phone sound effects. I find that annoying because I think that AIO should remain timeless, using original sounds, not using sound effects of specific brands. Also, whenever I heard them, I thought it was my phone making the noises, not the one in the episode! :noway: :lol:

It was funny that the Calhoun kids have a Great Aunt Clara who sends gifts that rhyme with their names. Trey’s monologue about the rhyming gifts reminded me of Connie talking about her and Mitch’s rhyming themed dinner in the episode “Something Blue, Part 1”.

The moral in this episode was great. Very relevant, and it’s something that I have experience with. I really liked it.

The AIO Team has stated that the last four episodes of the Club, “The Snow Must Go On”, “Make Snow Mistake”, “Sew on and Snow Forth”, and “Snow 'Em Who's Boss” (we still don’t know the order), will all happen at the same time, so I assume that next month’s episode will focus on another set of characters during this blizzard in Odyssey.

Looking forward to next month’s Club episode! :yes:
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
cheesesoup123
Chocolate Chip

When i first heard the episode, my brother thought that the kid who needed brain surgery was someone we knew.
Read my fan fiction
\:D/ \:D/ :yes: :yes: \:D/ \:D/ :wacky:
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

cheesesoup123 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:44 pm
When i first heard the episode, my brother thought that the kid who needed brain surgery was someone we knew.
I as well thought this. I thought that the episode would conclude with a big reveal of who the injured person was, since the Odyssey Team has said that the four episodes are connected. Maybe next month’s episode will touch on this. I'd definitely be interested in knowing who this injured person was.

I re-listened to this episode a while ago and I liked it just as much as the first time I had heard it. Great episode! In the past, Kathy Buchanan has always written good episodes with family interactions (the Washington family in “Sunday Morning Scramble” and the Parker family in “The Grass Is Always Greener” to name a few) and has once again done an excellent job on “The Snow Must Go On” with the Calhoun family. I look forward to future episodes with the Calhoun family. :yes:
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.