Ask Tsu!

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Ask Tsu!

Well, what better way to get to know each other? Feel free to ask whatever you like and I'll do my best to try and reply in a satisfying manner :)
~Two of your five a day~.
Helios
Butter Pecan

How did you pick your name?

Are you into anime?
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Helios wrote:How did you pick your name?
While looking thru Wikipedia I stumbled across an article on Tsukuyomi-no-Mikoto, the Japanese moon god and it all kind of came together after that. At first I treated it like a wrong turn and was going to leave the page, but something urged me to read further and I just fell in love with the whole idea and decided to adopt the name for myself (not because I think I resemble a god in any way, shape or form, obviously :P but mostly because I found the story -particularly Tsukoyomi's relationship with the sun goddess, Omikami- strangely poignant and powerfully engaging). I don't know, it just felt like something I could identify with.
Are you into anime?
Yes sir, very much so. My first anime was Urikupen Kyjuotai, back in 1995 and I haven't stopped watching them since :)

Thank you for asking and I hope you find the answers satisfying :)
Helios
Butter Pecan

Tsukuyomi wrote:While looking thru Wikipedia I stumbled across an article on Tsukuyomi-no-Mikoto, the Japanese moon god and it all kind of came together after that. At first I treated it like a wrong turn and was going to leave the page, but something urged me to read further and I just fell in love with the whole idea and decided to adopt the name for myself (not because I think I resemble a god in any way, shape or form, obviously :P but mostly because I found the story -particularly Tsukoyomi's relationship with the sun goddess, Omikami- strangely poignant and powerfully engaging). I don't know, it just felt like something I could identify with.
That's really cool! My name is from the Greek sun god, so we have something in common there. ;) Do you have a lot of interest in Japanese mythology?
Tsukuyomi wrote:Yes sir, very much so. My first anime was Urikupen Kyjuotai, back in 1995 and I haven't stopped watching them since :)

Thank you for asking and I hope you find the answers satisfying :)
What kinds of anime do you prefer? Sub or dub versions? Do you read the manga as well? \:D/

LOL Not to embarrass you, but I am actually a ma'am. ;) Just so you don't get confused or anything.
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

That's really cool! My name is from the Greek sun god, so we have something in common there. ;) Do you have a lot of interest in Japanese mythology?
Ha, I thought your name sounded familiar (although, I couldn't quite place it). In any event, that's really cool and quite unexpected to have met someone named after a foreign deity like myself :mrgreen: Other than Omikami, Tsukuyomi, Ame-no-Uzume and the characters mentioned within their myth, I really don't have much interest in Japenese mythology, I'm afraid.
What kinds of anime do you prefer? Sub or dub versions? Do you read the manga as well? \:D/

Mmmm... I don't think there's one kind of anime I prefer over the rest (although, I tend to favor sport-based ones such as Kuruko-No-Basuke and Major!). Basically, if they have a good story, relatable characters and, more importantly, take their world seriously, I think I would have a nice time watching them. One example that I like to bring up when discussing anime is Little Witch Academia; it should be stupid, it shouldn't be good, but the characters care so much about the world they live in and the story of said world that it is hard not to get sucked in by it. I honestly ended up feeling sad that it only lasted twenty five episodes.

As for the sub/dub question goes: I have nothing against dubs (and, in some cases, they are simply necessary) but I'd rather watch foreign material in its original language, even if only to experience the dialogue and delivery in the exact same words and tone they were meant to have. I do not apply that concept to only anime, but movies and TV series as well.

I have only read five mangas to date: Pokémon (both the originals and Black and White), Little Witch Academia, Boku no Hero Academia and Slam Dunk! (Because they never finished animating the story :mad: :lol:).
LOL Not to embarrass you, but I am actually a ma'am. ;) Just so you don't get confused or anything.
Not embarrassed at all! It's good to know. My apologies for assuming otherwise :)
Helios
Butter Pecan

Tsukuyomi wrote:Other than Omikami, Tsukuyomi, Ame-no-Uzume and the characters mentioned within their myth, I really don't have much interest in Japenese mythology, I'm afraid.
Ooo, who's Ame-no-Uzume???
Tsukuyomi wrote:I tend to favor sport-based ones such as Kuruko-No-Basuke and Major!
I've seen some of Kuroko-No-Basuke. It's pretty good! Tho the girl who coaches the team always confused me because she looks like a very pretty boy at times. O.o
Have you watched any of the Free! Iwatobi Swim Club anime?
Tsukuyomi wrote:I'd rather watch foreign material in its original language, even if only to experience the dialogue and delivery in the exact same words and tone they were meant to have.
I totally get this, especially with some of the earlier dubs from like the 2000s. They just don't have the same intensity and emotion as the Japanese versions. What foreign media besides anime do you enjoy?
Tsukuyomi wrote:I have only read five mangas to date: Pokémon (both the originals and Black and White), Little Witch Academia, Boku no Hero Academia and Slam Dunk!
What's Boku no Hero Academia about? I hear a lot about it, but I've never watched/read it. :)

I noticed on your "About Yourself" comment that you taught yourself three languages. Which ones?? And if I may be so bold, is English a secondary language?
Tsukuyomi wrote:Not embarrassed at all! It's good to know. My apologies for assuming otherwise :)
No apologies necessary! You aren't the first one to call me sir. ;) And in all honesty, I assumed you were a girl! :oops:
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

What is your favorite school subject?
Do you like to read?
What is your favorite AIO episode?
Who is your favorite character?

I'm Jo, BTW. Visit me at my Q&A!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Ooo, who's Ame-no-Uzume???
That's the Japanese goddess of dawn, mirth and revelry. Her myth is as colorful as it gets and I like their depiction of her :)
Tho the girl who coaches the team always confused me because she looks like a very pretty boy at times. O.o
I really haven't run into that problem before, but she definitely doesn't act girly :D

*Whispers* She's a little scary :D
Have you watched any of the Free! Iwatobi Swim Club anime?
I don't think so (at least, not off the top of my head). My animé watching schedule took a nosedive around 2007 and was only able to recover in 2015 or so. Right now, I'm trying to sort of backtrack and see what I missed and what's generally considered worth-watching. I should really go back to "His and Her Circumstances" (sadly left it about seven episodes in).
I totally get this, especially with some of the earlier dubs from like the 2000s. They just don't have the same intensity and emotion as the Japanese versions. What foreign media besides anime do you enjoy?
Mostly movies, to be honest. Chiefs among those examples are Stalingrad (1993 - Germany) and Talvisota (1989 - Finland).

Watching the aforementioned Stalingrad with the official UK dub strips it of all seriousness in a way that I feel is demeaning to the whole work. It's not that the English dubbers had marked London accents, is that they failed miserably at imitating some German ones.
What's Boku no Hero Academia about? I hear a lot about it, but I've never watched/read it. :)
It's one of those underdog stories that I love so much. It's basically about a guy named Izuku who is born without power in a superhero society but keeps working at it, trying to make his way into the hero world with his wits if not with flashy superpowers. Very soon he inherits power from the greatest hero of all, All Might, and tries to develop this new-found combat skill. The catch is that, for a really long time, Izuku can't control this power at all and ends up injuring himself severely after every attack, which leads him to use his wits in combination to as little power and he can muster in order to survive these clashes. Very addictive anime and an equally as interesting manga series. Definitely give it a go if you can!
I noticed on your "About Yourself" comment that you taught yourself three languages. Which ones?? And if I may be so bold, is English a secondary language?
These languages are: English, Finnish and French (the last two are pretty rusty at the moment, though). English is my second language, Spanish being the first :)
No apologies necessary! You aren't the first one to call me sir. ;) And in all honesty, I assumed you were a girl! :oops:
*Hugs* :)
What is your favorite school subject?
It was history, when I was in school :D
Do you like to read?
Yes, very much so. I'm currently reading Desmond Young's book on Rommel.
What is your favorite AIO episode?
Whit's Flop!
Who is your favorite character?
A huge tie between Eugene and Davey at the moment. The latter plays baseball, so it's a tough choice :D
I'm Jo, BTW. Visit me at my Q&A!
Absolutely :)
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I LOVE HISTORY!!!!!! *high fives* What time period?
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Jo March wrote:I LOVE HISTORY!!!!!! *high fives* What time period?
*High fives back* I like to study the period between 1912-1945 the most. To me history became interesting after learning about the sinking of the Titanic, as it was the first topic to really grab my attention (I even attended a world event related to the sinking - that's how important it was for me and my ever-growing interest on historical events of cultural relevance).
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

YASSSS I love pretty much 1850 to now. I am particularly interested in WWII, however, especially in Europe.
Jo March
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Maybe we can have an interesting conversation and thoughts exchange on the subject at some point, as I really enjoy reading about WW2 in Europe as well (particularly soldier accounts).
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

What's your favorite word. (Ya I know weird )
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Katie10 wrote:What's your favorite word. (Ya I know weird )
English: Woods.

Spanish: Luz de luna.

French: Rue.

Finnish: Ystavani.

Japanese: Tsukiyo.

German: Freund.

Weird? Fun!
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Do you have a favourite film? (Or series)

Do you play any instruments?
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

GJFH wrote:Do you have a favourite film? (Or series)
This is an extremely tough -yet very good- question, since my likes change like the seasons. The film that I liked the most I think was Wicked Blood. Really perfect for such a humble film.
Do you play any instruments?
Yes, madame. I play guitar (really need lessons, though).

Thanks for asking :)
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

What is your favorite aio episode
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Katie10 wrote:What is your favorite aio episode
That'd be Whit's Flop! :)
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

How far have you gotten in aio and what are you going to be for Halloween? Ps I like that one too not one of my fav, but I like it.
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

How far have you gotten in aio
Not very far at all, to be perfectly honest. I listen to episodes with @321tumbler as one of those especial things we do (the other one being watching Blue Jays' games together) but we have hardly had the time to do so as of late. Looking forward to more Adventures in Odyssey, though!
and what are you going to be for Halloween?
Halloween isn't really a thing where I am (in fact, I have never even seen so much as a trick-or-treater or Jack-O-Latern around) but I'd be too old for it nowadays anyways :D

Would have loved to go as one of the Power Rangers when I was a wee lad, though :D