Bespeak Bob II

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Bob
Caramel Crunch

shnoodlec. wrote: Well then... Who's your favorite?
Mm, possibly her.
What client do you use for IRC?
For regular use, in OS X, I purchased Textual some time back. It's as Mac-like a client as I've seen in a long time; every detail seems to be thought of.

When I'm in Linux, I used Quassel for a while, but right now I'm trying out Pidgin. Neither of them are as good as Textual, though.
When will you ban me from the RAF?
Banning people is pretty rare and is saved for the most egregious offenses.
A classic never goes out of style.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Bob wrote:
shnoodlec. wrote: Well then... Who's your favorite?
Mm, possibly her.
Oh, you mean Rosie?
Bob wrote:
What client do you use for IRC?
For regular use, in OS X, I purchased Textual some time back. It's as Mac-like a client as I've seen in a long time; every detail seems to be thought of.

When I'm in Linux, I used Quassel for a while, but right now I'm trying out Pidgin. Neither of them are as good as Textual, though.
I asked this question like I'd understand your answer, even though I knew I wouldn't, but I appreciate your response nonetheless. :yes:
Bob wrote:
When will you ban me from the RAF?
Banning people is pretty rare and is saved for the most egregious offenses.
You're saying I'm not egregious?! That's the real libel. :x

What's your favorite book?
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Bob
Caramel Crunch

shnoodlec. wrote: Oh, you mean Rosie?
Of course not.

I have had and been loyal to my crush for years, as L has heard about and could attest to if she would admit it, and I'm tired of hearing this claim with no basis in reality.
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Will you ever admit that Canadian teams are superior to the point they render their American counterparts irrelevant?
~Two of your five a day~.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

What video games do you play?
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Tsukuyomi wrote:Will you ever admit that Canadian teams are superior to the point they render their American counterparts irrelevant?
I take it you have ;)
~Two of your five a day~.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

What is the best Settlers of Catan expansion (or do you hate them all or have you not played any)?
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Considering Odyssey's new era, or more accurately, the last few albums. What did you think was the most surprising to hear?
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Bob
Caramel Crunch

Shadow wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:44 pm
What video games do you play?
I used to play a lot more than I do now. As of 2018, a mixed selection of the kind of games I might have played or thought about playing might have included Game Dev Tycoon, SpaceChem, Super Tux, Backyard Baseball (1997 edition), along with other Humongous Entertainment titles, and a variety of obscure Macintosh classics: Rescue!, Missions of the Reliant, the excellent Greebles (which has recently been ported to modern macOS, Windows, and Linux), and Bugdom, among others.

These days, my repertoire is much more limited. There's a lot of things that have questionable content or get me feeling badly about it; even in the best case scenario, if I do anything for very long I often end up feeling like it was a complete waste of time. I tend to play multiplayer games that are virtual versions of real-world games (backgammon, Chess, ULT, Spades, Whist, or Euchre), because with those content is not as much of an issue, and I am often playing with someone (or at least practicing so that I can play better with someone). Recently I've tried to help my mother out with her Fishdom game. I think I'm pretty good at match-3 games, but I don't think it is something I could do on my own if I didn't have the excuse of helping her; social media games have too many addictive qualities. But even if it didn't, it'd be in the same category as most of the other games I don't play; I'd likely play for a bit and end up feeling bad about it.
Shadow wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:14 am
What is the best Settlers of Catan expansion (or do you hate them all or have you not played any)?
I haven't seen or played many, but I did learn to play Settlers within the last year or two. If I bought one, I would probably buy Seafarers on the grounds that it looks like it adds to the original experience, in the same style, without completely changing the game or its atmosphere. Cities and Knights seems too cluttered to me. I don't remember as much about the others; my general impression is that they tend to be about different mechanics, while Seafarers is the same basic game that you started with. If you like the base game, that's not a bad thing.
GJFH wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:44 pm
Considering Odyssey's new era, or more accurately, the last few albums. What did you think was the most surprising to hear?
It'll be difficult to answer this from the perspective of '2018', but I'll do my best.

Let's see - as of July 2018, "Expect the Unexpected" was brand new and being released on the Club. Let's say that everything from Album 62 on is 'the last few albums', so Let's Put on a Show, Up in the Air, Under the Surface, and I suppose the first few episodes of Album 65. Let's also throw in July 2017-August 2018 of Club episodes.

By now we're used to Wilson, but I think it seemed a little curious (not in an unalloyedly bad way) at the time to have another old friend of Whit's; although they're not ancient, the characters are pretty old by now. Wilson's voice sounds probably thirty years younger than his age.

I was a little surprised that Connie turned out to be so bad at teaching her sister to drive.

I don't know if it was surprising, since we suspected he was evil, but the villainous monologue at the end of Writer's Ruse seemed to up the ante. The outcome of "The Good in People" was also unexpected, both the problem and its eventual resolution. I like most Olivia episodes and thought that Kelly Stables played it very well in that one.

I was definitely surprised when it seemed like Buck had left in "Crash Course".

In hindsight, it seems that the mid-2017/18 period was full of episodes that started out with good premises - Marvin Washington makes a comeback, a flood threatens to destroy Odyssey, Jay's cousin is part of a cult, Wooton's honeymoon - all of these should be classics. They could have been. The first half or so of each story was typically pretty epic. But for some reason, I feel like in each case they had a hard time closing the deal, ending up with conclusions that weren't worthy of the buildups. This isn't to say that I hate these episodes, or that I think all the episodes in this time period were bad or sub-par, but I do think there was a lot of missed potential.