Pick Your Own Questions

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Pick Your Own Questions

Okay people, I have decided that deep tragedy occurs when I come across questions SOMEONE ELSE has been asked, that I want to answer. But I refuse to lower myself to asking them to ask me, too, because I mean, we've got to keep our pride intact, YES? :mad:

So here is a thread for everyone to paste in those questions you may see someone else being asked, where you're like YIKESABEE, that's an awesome question, I wish someone had given me the chance to answer that...and answer them yourself. Bueno? Good. And if I'm the only one who feels a burning need to do this...well, so be it, I do what I want! 8) BUT HOPEFULLY I won't be the only smart cookie who sees the sheer awesomeness that could come out of THIS HEAH thread.

RULES

1. You can't just make up a question, it has to be quoted by someone from this board. :twisted:
2. Give credit to the original question asker. :yes:

Now HAVE FUN!!! I command it. :mrgreen:

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I don't this is quite what you had mine. Nevertheless I wanted to answer this question on Ox's thread. :twisted:
Dom wrote:They have single granddaughters? :roll:
They were only slightly older than him, like by 5 or 6 years, the way I understand the story. :mrgreen:
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:I don't this is quite what you had mine. Nevertheless I wanted to answer this question on Ox's thread. :twisted:
I forgive you for using my thread incorrectly. :twisted: And ha, nice!

Okay, here's how it's done, little lady...

sing wrote:What did you do on your sixteenth birthday?
My aunt threw me the last birthday party I had, for myself and my mom. We were born on the same day...she was turning 50 and I was 16 so it was a bit monumental. All my relatives showed up and they rented a clubhouse and it was pretty nifty. They even convinced me to dance a little.
sing wrote:How many pillows are on your bed?
Currently, just the one I sleep on, but I have a ridiculous pillow collection. I love soft, fluffy things. :wacky:
Connie G. wrote:If you had to be a type of candy, what would you be?
An orange Tootsie Pop! :mrgreen:

Dom
Last edited by Dom on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

What a cool thread! I will definately use it sometime. :wacky:

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
kait
Cookies & Creme

Ooohhh. This is fun. I always feel like Eleventh gets the best questions so I'm stealing from his thread.
Miss Friendship wrote:If there was anything you could re-do, what would that be?

Did you ever tell a lie and were punished by your parents? If so, what was the lie and punishment?

Were you ever grounded or banned from things?
I would re-do college. But not to change anything, just to be able to live it again because I miss it :P

So I'm answering this because I actually stayed with my mom this week and we were going through some of the drawings/writings and stuff she still has from when I and my siblings were kids. There was a paper dated from 2001, where I had written "I will never tell a lie again." over and over and over for like five pages. It was like 150 times i wrote this, obviously as a punishment for some lie I had told when I was 10. There was also another paper where I'd been made to write "I will not doodle during prayer" over and over. It was kind of hilarious. So that's the story of one punishment although I definitely don't remember the lie. :P

Grounding was a pretty common punishment for me growing up. So yeah.
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle
Dom
Cookies & Creme

kait wrote:I would re-do college. But not to change anything, just to be able to live it again because I miss it :P
What were some of your favorite parts?
Bethany Shepard wrote:What upcoming movie are you looking forward to?
There's gonna be a new xXx movie with Vin Diesel. Thank God, because the sequel they made with Ice Cube was pathetic. :twisted: They're making a new version of The Magnificent Seven...not sure how I feel about the cast, but I'm stoked, nevertheless! Also, the live version of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. :wacky:
Mandy wrote:What is your favorite thing about yourself?
Physically, my eyes. Mentally/emotionally, my work ethic and perseverance.
Kaida wrote:Grape or strawberry?
GRAPE!!! :yes: I love grape fruit snacks, grape Laffy Taffy, grape grape grape grape grape. Mmmmm. :mrgreen:

Dom
kait
Cookies & Creme

Dom wrote:
kait wrote:I would re-do college. But not to change anything, just to be able to live it again because I miss it :P
What were some of your favorite parts?
Working for my college paper was my absolute favorite part. Also some of my classes that I took just because I was interested in the subject. Also having a built-in community. Making friends in adulthood is really difficult.
sing
Raspberry Ripple

Miss Friendship wrote:How was your birthday? :mrgreen:

Very unusual, the first thing I did was faint. :twisted:

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

sing wrote:

For real? O.o Why? :P

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
sing
Raspberry Ripple

Mandy wrote:
sing wrote:

For real? O.o Why? :P

I was really sick with the flu, and I already have done other health problems, so between both those things I was really REALLY sick and almost got taken to the ER.... BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!! *end sarcasm*

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Dom wrote:WHAT IS THE GROSSEST VEGATABLE? :twisted:
ROTTEN MUSHROOMS. :x And I can testify that I have survived the wrenching gagging smell these poisonous items of death cause. :mad:
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Dom
Cookies & Creme

sing wrote:I was really sick with the flu
I have only had the flu once, and it was utter misery. When I used to get sick as a kid, my parents referred to it as "the flu". I can tell you right now, that was SO, NEVER, the flu. =| For real influenza is misery incarnate. :mad: You have my sympathy. :P
Bethany Shepard wrote:What do you watch when you're on YouTube?
Mostly I just listen to music, but if I'm watching, it would be dance videos.
Bethany Shepard wrote:How long is your hair?
It was at my tailbone until a month ago - I got three inches trimmed so it's at my waist again. :wacky: It used to be a few inches long and fluffy all over.
Miss Friendship wrote:If you had six months left to live, what are some things you'd want to do that you haven't done yet?
The only thing that's really been on my bucket list for about five years, is to swim in the ocean. I've run around in the waves before, but I want to actually swim in something that massive before I die. :wacky:

I would quit my job, move to be with someone I love, and spend every possible second loving on them and being as happy as possible.

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Dom wrote:Do you think you can fall in love with your friends in a way, even if not romantically?
SO. YES. All my best friends become so because they are the most amazing people and simply "liking" them isn't a good way to describe it. :yes:

Dom
Cookies & Creme

Belle wrote:Do you like post it notes? What's your favorite color of post it notes?
Why yes, yes I do. :wacky: Plain paper is too easily lost. :mad: My favorite one is HOT PINK. :mrgreen:
Belle wrote:How many times did you sneeze today?
None, I don't sneeze often IN REAL LIFE, but when I go to work, WHICH IS NOT REAL LIFE, I usually have a sneezing fit. Either the circulation in the joint is not good, or else, as I suspect is the case, I'm ALLERGIC TO WORK. :yes:
Miss Friendship wrote:Which movies make you cry?
The Fox and the Hound, Mr. Holland's Opus, The Return of the King, Toy Story 3, Return to Me, and Definitely, Maybe.

Dom
kait
Cookies & Creme

I'm sitting at home kind of bored tonight so I'm going to answer a bunch of questions.
Dom wrote: What makes you admire a person?
Their level of compassion and empathy. I'm also very admiring of and attracted to smart people.
Dom wrote:Who in your life has inspired you?
My mom. My friends.
Dom wrote:Do you think of romantic relationships as long-term or inevitably short-term?
Romantic relationships are whatever the people involved in them make them out to be. Some folks tend toward long-term, others toward short-term.
Dom wrote:What kind of car do you drive?
My commuter car is actually my husbands: A 2000 Pontiac Sunfire. Our family car is a 2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
Dom wrote: Is there a song you're obsessed with at the moment?
"Take Me To Church" by Hozier. I've been obsessed with it for awhile. It's just so great.
Dom wrote:Are you completely financially supporting yourself?
Yes. And two other people.
Dom wrote:Do you think you are a nice person?
Depends on what you mean by "nice." I try hard to be kind and compassionate. But I'm also not afraid to be "not nice" when it comes to standing up for myself, others or marginalized groups.
Dom wrote:What is your favorite dessert?
Ice cream.
Dom wrote:What is something you want but can't afford right now?
A PlayStation 4.
Dom wrote:Do you like to run around barefoot?
I do. I almost never wear socks when I'm at home.
Dom wrote:What time do you usually fall asleep?
Around 2 a.m.
Dom wrote:Have you ever put on a puppet show?
I have, actually.
Dom wrote:Do you think you perpetuate drama?
No.
Dom wrote:Is there a physical or mental ailment that you're afraid of getting someday?
Dementia.
Dom wrote:Have you ever stuck your finger into a light socket, or similar?
No.
Dom wrote:Do you feel guilty when you keep secrets?
It really depends on the secret, I guess. I certainly don't feel like everyone needs to know everything about me. There are things I don't tell people. But if my secret is breaking an agreement/vow or is essentially a lie of omission, then yes I feel guilty.
Dom wrote: Do you have a lover?
Yes. ;)
MF wrote:On average, how many emails do you get a day?
Probably about 30.
MF wrote:What do you do with spam? Do you get spam?
Most of the spam I get is of my own making .... from signing up for accounts and stuff and they automatically enroll you in their ridiculous mailing list. Most of my emails are from that sort of thing.
MF wrote:Do statistics interest you?
I suppose so.
MF wrote:What is the most important quality in a friend?
Someone being non-judgmental and loving and accepting you no matter what horrible thing you might tell them about yourself.
MF wrote:Do you ever feel like doing something adventurous and different or do you always prefer norm and stability?
I always fantasize about doing adventurous things, but in the end I tend to choose norm and stability.
MF wrote:Have you ever thought it would be fun to jump off a cliff if you could survive it just fine?
No.
MF wrote:What doctrine that the Protestants have is the most annoying to you?
Probably the doctrine of original sin. That one is very annoying to me.
MF wrote:What was the last movie you watched? How often do you watch movies?
I watched Legally Blonde last night. I watch TV shows more often than movies. I maybe watch one or two movies a month.
MF wrote:Did you ever have an actual physical fight with someone?
I have not.
MF wrote:What was the meanest thing you did to your siblings when you were young?
Once, I convinced one of my little brothers that a dog treat was actually a cookie and he ate it. That was pretty mean. I'm sure I did other stuff, but that's the one i remember.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

WOW kait. O.o I think from now on I will just give you all the questions I ask other people too.

HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Can one answer questions that one has asked others, but nobody has asked them back to one?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Dom
Cookies & Creme

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Can one answer questions that one has asked others, but nobody has asked them back to one?
This was brought up once before, so I will allow it. :twisted:

Dom
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Dom wrote:Do you believe the husband is the head of the household and has final say in all decisions?
(Chosen because I like pontificating.)

I've recently come to the conclusion that the husband is to be the spiritual leader of the household, in the sense that Christ (to whom the husband is compared) is the head of the Church (to whom the wife is compared). Meanwhile, in terms of things like finances, housekeeping, and generally who does what things around the house, the marriage is a partnership—it's simply more practical that way, it makes sense, and I see no Scriptural proof against it. In either case, there is to be communication between the husband and the wife, and it's not a "husband commands and wife obeys"; the fact that some people think like that is one of the reasons why I have severe trust issues vis-a-vis romantic relationships.
Dom wrote:Is there a song you're obsessed with at the moment?
Probably the Trans Siberian Orchestra's mashup of "Carol of the Bells" and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", which is unadulterated awesome in an mp4 file. Also "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas, because it's such a sweet song in one of my favorite Disney movies.
Kaida wrote:Grape or strawberry?
Strawberry! Strawberry candy is probably my favorite, and I love real strawberries—they've got this great balance of sweet and tart that I just cannot get enough of.

Also, DISNEY:
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Who's your favorite Disney Princess?
Either Rapunzel or Tiana—I really love how bubbly and enthusiastic Rapunzel is, and how she's got a lot of grit that she has to realize through her journey, but I also really appreciate how hard-working and strong and determined Tiana is. Both of their movies are simply beautiful, and both of their princes are quite charming and handsome. ^_^
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Who's your favorite Disney Prince?
Gotta go with either Flynn Rider, for his sarcasm and lovable roguishness, or Aladdin, for his compassion for the downtrodden and righteous fury at people who use their status to walk over others.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Who's your favorite Disney Villain?
I love Scar, especially because of how well Jeremy Irons plays him, but I also really like Mother Gothel, for how dramatic she is and for what I understand is a pretty realistic portrayal of emotional abuse, and Syndrome, because he's a really interesting deconstruction of stereotypical nerd culture and the dangers of not letting yourself grow past the bad things that happen to you.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What's your favorite Disney movie?
I have like, seven. In no particular order:

Tangled: The relationship between Rapunzel and Flynn is a joy to watch develop, and both of their supporting casts are strong, colorful, and memorable. It's also just great to look at—every background is so intricate, like a 3D-animated oil painting.

Meet the Robinsons: Not only can I, someone who has dealt with anxiety and serious self-esteem issues, appreciate the "keep moving forward" idea, but the movie is so energetic and fun that it's impossible not to get swept up in a whirlwind of positivity and optimistic energy. Additionally, I think an unsung line from that movie comes from Aunt Billie, and I've found it to be really encouraging—"From failure, you learn. From success, not so much."

The Lion King: Let's be real, this is pretty much the Disney movie. If you only ever watch one Disney movie your entire life, you can't go wrong if you choose this one. From the sweeping score to the beautiful and fluid animation to the iconic moments and characters to the fact that this movie helped me understand the basics of the plot of Hamlet, this movie is absolutely stellar.

The Incredibles: This movie is groundbreaking in a lot of ways—it was Pixar's first full-length movie to star human characters, it was a CGI superhero movie, and it was a deconstruction of common superhero movie tropes, combined with an exploration of the mindsets of both adult and child characters that you don't necessarily get in a lot of family films. I love that Bob/Mr. Incredible, a husband and father whose power is super strength and has the build to match, is portrayed with a lot of emotion and vulnerability without compromising his competence, and Helen/Elastigirl is a strong, tough woman who is also a loving, compassionate wife and mother. The energetic ten-year-old Dash has to humble himself and accept his responsibility in keeping his identity hidden while still being able to expend some energy, while the wallflower teenager Violet comes out of her shell and recognizes her own capabilities and uses them with confidence and resourcefulness. This is an amazing movie, and I'm so excited for the sequel.

Aladdin: I like really colorful movies, I'll admit, but this was also just a really imaginative film (just look at any of the scenes to do with the Genie). Robin Williams, of course, steals the show, but Aladdin and Jasmine's story is really strong and sweet, too, even if I personally think they could have explored Jasmine's reaction to finding out that Aladdin was lying to her—just a line or two with an apology and her conveying her understanding of what he was trying to do would suffice. But overall, it's a great film that's incredibly fun to watch.

The Princess and the Frog: I fail to understand why everyone thinks Frozen was something groundbreaking—this movie leaves Frozen in the dust in everything but the box office. This movie had the very important theme of hard work and how important and rewarding it is to accomplish things for yourself rather than waiting around for things to happen for you, and yet it also balanced that out by pointing out that loving, meaningful relationships are ultimately more important than accomplishments. Additionally, this was a 2D animated movie made after rapid technological breakthroughs in the animation industry, and it shows—this movie is gorgeous. The soundtrack is really great, too.

Big Hero 6: First of all, if you watch the credits for this movie, you'll see that the production crew for this movie took actual courses in robotics, engineering, and other sciences portrayed in the film in order to ensure that they were done accurately, and it shows; Disney definitely did its research.
Whereas the future in Meet the Robinsons is very fantastical and whimsical, illustrating the possibilities that can result from not limiting your imagination to what's been done before, Big Hero 6 has a lot of very plausible science behind it used by people of both genders and multiple races, which conveys the very real and important idea that not only can science be used for incredibly cool things, its disciplines are for everyone, not just one race or one gender—anyone can contribute to scientific advancement. I also really appreciate the poignant theme of loss and how to deal with grief in the juxtaposition of the hero and the villain; the film has a lot of both physical and dramatic action, both of which are powerfully conveyed.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What's your favorite Disney song?
"Circle of Life" from The Lion King, "Friend Like Me" from Aladdin, "Almost There" from The Princess and the Frog, and "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What's your favorite Disney romance song?
"I See the Light" from Tangled, "Ma Belle Evangeline" from The Princess and the Frog, "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, and "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What's your favorite Disney villain song?
"Be Prepared" from The Lion King and "Friends on the Other Side" from The Princess and the Frog.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

TigerShadow wrote:
Dom wrote:Do you believe the husband is the head of the household and has final say in all decisions?
(Chosen because I like pontificating.)

I've recently come to the conclusion that the husband is to be the spiritual leader of the household, in the sense that Christ (to whom the husband is compared) is the head of the Church (to whom the wife is compared). Meanwhile, in terms of things like finances, housekeeping, and generally who does what things around the house, the marriage is a partnership—it's simply more practical that way, it makes sense, and I see no Scriptural proof against it. In either case, there is to be communication between the husband and the wife, and it's not a "husband commands and wife obeys"; the fact that some people think like that is one of the reasons why I have severe trust issues vis-a-vis romantic relationships.
DOM. This^ I. agree. completely.