The Dom

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:GASP. WE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON. :|
Shhhhhhhh, I don't want anyone to know that, ew! :twisted:
Miss Friendship wrote:Were you serious about buying an island? You would rather do that then help suffering individuals?
I am a suffering individual. But no, that's in a different category. Though frankly, I'd be at a bit of a loss as to how to spend money to help the people I care about. I don't like giving to organizations because there's too much fraud and stuff going on and you never know where your money truly goes. I would want to help abused kids somehow, but again...what good is money going to do them, and how would one find them? Bleh. Maybe I could just slip it to the cops little by little to crack down on known abusive parents.
Miss Friendship wrote:Why does suicidal depression equal turning the computer off?
I was withdrawing from everyone and everything. I essentially "broke up" with all of my friends, deleted all my accounts (this is when Facebook went away)... I packed up my stuff and put it all away in the garage. This is also when I shredded my journals. I was erasing myself from the face of the earth in preparation of dying.
Miss Friendship wrote:Did it help?
No, definitely not.
Miss Friendship wrote:How did you get through that time?
Mostly fear of a painful death, or fear of failure. I will not be one of those who fails. There was nothing positive that kept me from doing it.
Miss Friendship wrote:What's the silliest thing you ever purchased?
There have been a lot. :mrgreen: A plush goat that nodded his head and sang "The Lonely Goatherd" from The Sound of Music. Similarly, a plush fox that dances around and sings "What Does the Fox Say". A jumbo rainbow slinky that is like 8 inches across. A ridiculously expensive Sleeping Beauty Deluxe Doll Set that came with precisely six dolls I had zero interest in, just so I could have the horse, Samson. :roll: :mrgreen:
Miss Friendship wrote:Did you ever cry yourself to sleep as a child...or adult? If so, reasons?
I don't think I started crying myself to sleep until I was closer to puberty and depression began to set in. I don't remember doing it as a child. I have done it many times as an adult. Reasons for all... Loneliness, hating myself, missing someone, feeling hopeless, being suicidal.

Dom
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

What made you smile today?

What emotion do you feel most often?

What do you look forward to most each day?

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Mandy wrote:What made you smile today?
Feeling amazingly relaxed.
Mandy wrote:What emotion do you feel most often?
I would say depression, but THAT'S DEPRESSING. I'm sure I'm not depressed as often as I feel like I am. =| Which is sort of impossible. But yeah, I mean...certainly not hope, happiness, excitement, or anything GREAT. :roll: AREN'T I A RAY OF FUZZY SUNSHINE?!
Mandy wrote:What do you look forward to most each day?
Skype calls. :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What board style do you use?

WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE PICTURES? :roll:

Do you work on Saturdays?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:What board style do you use?
The Soda Shop (Static Header) :roll:
Miss Friendship wrote:WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE PICTURES?
FROM SKYPE? I TOLD YOU. I liked them, but they made me think of people I love, not myself. :wacky: BUT THANK YOU.
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you work on Saturdays?
Not in my normal schedule, but there are some projects that I can do on Saturdays if and when I want.

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I dare you to try the AcidTechEmily for a day. :twisted: @boardstyle
Dom wrote:FROM SKYPE? I TOLD YOU. I liked them, but they made me think of people I love, not myself. BUT THANK YOU.
I NEVER SAW THAT RESPONSE. >_>

Why haven't you replied to Ox's PM?

Who generally makes you smile every time you talk with them? (Besides the obvious significant other. :roll:)

Is your philosophy about love that when it ends, the relationship ends too, since you don't believe in marriage?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Dom
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:I dare you to try the AcidTechEmily for a day.
Holy fuzz puppies, this color combo is hideous. =|
Miss Friendship wrote:I NEVER SAW THAT RESPONSE. >_>
If you paid attention to people, you might have more friends! :mad:
Miss Friendship wrote:Why haven't you replied to Ox's PM?
I did this afternoon, SHOWS HOW MUCH HE TELLS YOU, little lady. *smirk*
Miss Friendship wrote:Who generally makes you smile every time you talk with them? (Besides the obvious significant other. :roll:)
Eh, I suppose a co-worker of mine? No one I know online has that effect on me every time. heh
Miss Friendship wrote:Is your philosophy about love that when it ends, the relationship ends too, since you don't believe in marriage?
There should be a giant gap between breaking up and attempting to be friends. But no, the relationship doesn't have to end. I'm not sure what marriage has to do with it? Unless you meant a relationship where the love dies but you stay together? That's called stupidity, though it often is called marriage, as well. :twisted:

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Dom wrote:Holy fuzz puppies, this color combo is hideous. =|
It will grow on you. I hated it, and now I'm addicted. O.o
Dom wrote:I did this afternoon, SHOWS HOW MUCH HE TELLS YOU, little lady. *smirk*
He randomly complained a few times this morning about it, soooo. JUST TRYING TO HELP THE SITUATION. :mad: And I get no appreciation. :roll:
Dom wrote:Unless you meant a relationship where the love dies but you stay together? That's called stupidity,
That's called true love. Loving someone even when they hate you, or when you no longer feel the "emotion." Thats a beautiful commitment. Don't scorn it. :roll:

What do you think of the Hallelujah Chorus?

Does the screen of pheasants bring toys to you?

Biscuits or Triscuits? <<question from someone you know

sing
Raspberry Ripple

If you don't believe in God, what is your purpose for living? Like how do you get through the day to day mundane? how do you keep from giving up? Sorry if this is too personal, you don't have to answer

Is your pillow flat or fluffy?

What is your favorite sport to watch?

Where did you go on your last vacation?

Do you like to suck the helium out of balloons and then talk funny?

What is the most interesting piece of furniture in your house?

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:He randomly complained a few times this morning
*fluffs hair*
Miss Friendship wrote:
Dom wrote:Unless you meant a relationship where the love dies but you stay together? That's called stupidity
That's called true love. Loving someone even when they hate you, or when you no longer feel the "emotion."
A dead marriage is not true love. I pity you.
Miss Friendship wrote:What do you think of the Hallelujah Chorus?
I love it. I THOUGHT YOU READ EVERYTHING on this board? :roll: I linked this as my favorite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ouOtrXCaCw
Miss Friendship wrote:Does the screen of pheasants bring toys to you?
O.o What?
Miss Friendship wrote:Biscuits or Triscuits? <<question from someone you know
You can tell him Triscuits will always win. :twisted:
sing wrote:If you don't believe in God, what is your purpose for living?
Typically I would say I don't have one, that no one has one, and that there is none. But right now I would say the thing I live for is spending time with people I love.
sing wrote:how do you get through the day to day mundane?
I don't see what not believing in God has to do with surviving that, but the answer is, you keep on keepin' on. Try to be as efficient with the mundane stuff as possible, and squeeze in as much of the important stuff as you can.
sing wrote:how do you keep from giving up?
There are scales. One side are all the reasons to give up, on the other are the reasons not to. Most days, I feel like the reasons to give up far outweigh any reasons not to. But for some reason, I have been able to make it through. First because I feared death and pain, then later because it seemed silly to give up without a mighty effort. So I have been making a mighty effort. For a long, long, long time. There are a few more things I will attempt, before I give up. I won't make a spur of the moment decision, it will be thought-out, and I will not fail, if I ever choose to "give up". But before that happens, I will make a few more desperate attempts to make life worth living.
sing wrote:Sorry if this is too personal, you don't have to answer
You can always ask me anything personal.
sing wrote:Is your pillow flat or fluffy?
I just washed it in the hopes of fluffing it up a bit, but it didn't really work. It's not flat, but it's not poofy, either. It's just about right though, honestly. I sleep on my tummy most nights, so if it were too fluffy, that would hurt my neck. :mrgreen:
sing wrote:What is your favorite sport to watch?
I don't watch any sports regularly, or even semi-regularly... However, when the occasion strikes, I like watching motocross and Olympic figure skating. 'Cause I'm a boss like that. I do also like listening to baseball and football as background noise, because I grew up with that, and especially at my grandparents' house, so it's soothing. :wacky:
sing wrote:Where did you go on your last vacation?
I went on the road with my love. :inlove:
sing wrote:Do you like to suck the helium out of balloons and then talk funny?
Yes but I've only done it like twice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwtKPRkoxAY
sing wrote:What is the most interesting piece of furniture in your house?
Hm, it's not exciting, but probably my bed. It is like a hospital bed, fully adjustable with a remote.

Dom
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Well then what is love, Dom?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
kait
Cookies & Creme

I just spent way too much time reading this thread.

What does a typical week day look like for you? Weekend?
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Blitz wrote:Well then what is love, Dom?
People who stay together because they WANT to, not because society or a piece of paper makes them feel they HAVE to. Honesty. Mutual respect, understanding, and concern.

Just because I don't believe in marriage doesn't mean I don't believe in long-term relationships. I simply don't believe in promising "forever" when it is, in my eyes, usually a lie.
kait wrote:I just spent way too much time reading this thread.
*bows and swishes cape* Why...thank you? \:D/
kait wrote:What does a typical week day look like for you?
So on a Monday, I get up at 6:00, shower, dry my hair, gather up some snacks to bring to work (usually applesauce and some baby carrots), and drive to work, which starts at 7:30. My co-worker bombards me with stories of his weekend, I work, and at lunchtime I take a shorter lunch than everyone else. I only take half an hour, so I can get more work done in my day/more hours paid. So I start back at 12:30, and I finish at 5:00. Since I got my tablet, my schedule is starting to shift a bit here, because now I can sign onto Skype and see if my peeps are available for Skype calls. :mrgreen: I can call them AND do errands simultaneously, which is awesome. Or sometimes I'll just go park somewhere and talk. I also take a picture of the sunset every day, the time of which obviously changes throughout the year. I eat dinner at home 'cause I'm trying not to spend so much money eating out, and I typically spend the rest of the night on the computer, chatting with my friends, surfing the 'net, or writing in some form. I used to go to bed at 9:30 so I got a niiiice good long night's sleep, and that was the most regular and decent sleep I have gotten my whole life. But recently, my sleep has been enormously jacked up due to schedules of people I care about, and I have survived the last few months on about two hours of sleep per night. Yes...it has been worth it. :inlove:
kait wrote:Weekend?
My weekends vary...I always have my alarm set for 6:00 just like weekdays, but I often ignore it. It really depends on what I want to get done and how productive I feel, and of course, how little sleep I've gotten recently. :twisted: Sometimes I get up and shower right away, eat breakfast (though I don't really like breakfast food at breakfast time, I prefer something like leftover Chinese :mrgreen: ), and then get to being productive. I try to avoid errands like the plague on the weekend, so my weekend productives are usually at home...organizing, cleaning, working on projects, things like that. If I'm NOT feeling productive, I'll probably sleep in, or else get up early and just browse the internet and chat with people, especially my friends in other countries who are in wacky time zones. :lol: I like to spend the weekend kind of flitting from one thing to another...chatting, being productive, eating, chatting, showering, chatting, cleaning, chatting...you get the picture. ;) I get a good rhythm going where I accomplish stuff all throughout the day, but still feel like I've had a ton of fun, too. :wacky: I like to watch part of a movie or TV episode while I eat meals, so I'll do that in like fifteen or twenty minute increments. And again, since I just recently got a tablet, that has thrown my weekends for an awesome loop, as well. The other weekend I got up early, showered, threw some protein bars and my CD's in the car, and jumped on the highway. I got on a Skype call with some people, and drove up into the mountains and talked to them while snapping pictures from a mountain summit. :mrgreen: It was perfect. I spent that whole day out on the road, talking to various people and having a blast. I absolutely love the freedom that finally having a Smart device is giving me. I LOVE being efficient, so having the ability to do errands or go somewhere AWESOME while still "being with" people I love, is amazing. :yes:

...So I've asked your question of at least two people recently, and I'm PRETTY SURE MINE WINS for being most detailed and interesting answer. :mrgreen: Right? RIGHT?! *sniggers and wanders off*

Dom
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

*sees there's a long post of words*

*ignores it*

Hi! I'm back. I'm trying to think of what you said about the PotO.... Let's see...

I know Broadway isn't exactly known for it's cleanliness....at all xD... but still. >___> THE ENTIRE THING WAS INNUENDOS.

Point of No Return is probably my favorite song too... not at all because of it's lyrics, but because the melody is actually different from all the other songs in the musical.

And I would basically call it an Opera, not a musical, since almost everything is sung. :noway:

Who's your favorite Phantom? Favorite Christine? Favorite Raoul?

Do you like everything by ALW?

Have you seen Love Never Dies?

Link me to the funniest song that you can think of (that's not about Amish, and is appropriate for this board :P).
xo eht haiasi-
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Dom wrote:Just because I don't believe in marriage doesn't mean I don't believe in long-term relationships. I simply don't believe in promising "forever" when it is, in my eyes, usually a lie.
Commitment is special because it takes work. No one is denying that. And love can last forever, because there is a God who is eternal. Seeing you don't believe that is maybe why this concept is impossible for you to grasp.
Dom wrote:...So I've asked your question of at least two people recently, and I'm PRETTY SURE MINE WINS for being most detailed and interesting answer. :mrgreen: Right? RIGHT?! *sniggers and wanders off*
We are all applauding your humility. :clap:
Dom wrote:I THOUGHT YOU READ EVERYTHING on this board?
I don't click on all the links though. :roll: Wait. HOW COME YOU LIKE THAT WHEN ITS GLORIFYING, gasp, GOD? O____O
Dom wrote: O.o What?
IKR. I had no idea either. It was a question submitted to me by Penguin. He obviously wanted to confuse both of us. :x

Do you like road trips?

Mountain or ocean view?

Do you enjoy staying in hotels?

Castle or cabin?

Last movie you watched?

DO YOU WATCH PIRATED THINGS?

Do you have Netflix?

I am going to link you to two somethings since you never ask: :roll: WATCH BOTH. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjdKPDsYA7o :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLu-QW7unoY :twisted:

Dom
Cookies & Creme

Isaiah the Ox wrote:*sees there's a long post of words*
*ignores it*
O.o The nerve! I'm so hurt.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Hi! I'm back.
Welcome back. :mrgreen:
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Who's your favorite Phantom?
Gerard Butler. He's not the best singer, but I'm not a fan of the higher-voiced ones, which is ironic because I actually (apparently) am into male singers with higher voices, and love falsetto, etc. :wacky:
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Favorite Christine?
Emmy Rossum, though I am quite fond of some foreign-language Christine's.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Favorite Raoul?
Don't really have a preference, so I'll default to the 2004 film version...Patrick Wilson. I definitely don't like the bassy ones. :x He needs to sound young.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Do you like everything by ALW?
To be honest, I haven't seen/heard many... I've seen The Phantom of the Opera which I obviously am crazy about; Cats which I ADORE the vast majority of; Evita which I have no interest in as a whole, but the music is awesome; I started watching Jesus Christ Superstar but couldn't take it; and Love Never Dies...
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Have you seen Love Never Dies?
I've gotten it from the library twice... It is murder to the canon but I am able to disconnect from that and just watch it as if it were a fan fiction or something. I really love it, when viewed in that light. I love the music, I love the setting, I love the drama. I really want to get the soundtrack.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Link me to the funniest song that you can think of (that's not about Amish, and is appropriate for this board :P).
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuRuwR2JSXI
Miss Friendship wrote:love can last forever, because there is a God who is eternal. Seeing you don't believe that is maybe why this concept is impossible for you to grasp.
God has nothing to do with human love. The concept isn't impossible for me to grasp, I simply don't believe in it based on what I see all around me. After your (godly) parents get divorced and you watch all your childhood friends' (godly) parents divorce and all your (godly) childhood friends go through two divorces by your age, come talk to me.
Miss Friendship wrote:Wait. HOW COME YOU LIKE THAT WHEN ITS GLORIFYING, gasp, GOD? O____O
Because I grew up listening to it and I love it. I also like Christmas songs that revolve around Santa Claus. :roll: I listen to tons of music that I don't agree with on a personal, religious, or worldview level. I listen to hip-hop music that degrades women and glorifies gangs and murder. I don't care about lyrics, I care about music.
Miss Friendship wrote:I had no idea either. It was a question submitted to me by Penguin. He obviously wanted to confuse both of us. :x
Maybe he was having brain freeze.
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you like road trips?
I've rarely had opportunity to go on "real" ones, but I love going driving by myself with my music and my camera and winding up hours away from my life.
Miss Friendship wrote:Mountain or ocean view?
Mountain, for sure.
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you enjoy staying in hotels?
Not until recently.
Miss Friendship wrote:Castle or cabin?
Both have their own amazing attributes. I would love a castle because I love the medieval time period. A cabin would be awesome and keep life simple, which sounds amazing right now. :yes:
Miss Friendship wrote:Last movie you watched?
I'm in the middle of Entrapment, at the moment. Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Miss Friendship wrote:DO YOU WATCH PIRATED THINGS?
No.
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you have Netflix?
I personally do not, and would not pay for it, but my brother gave me his account info so technically yeah, I can watch it on TV or on the computer anytime I want.
Miss Friendship wrote:I am going to link you to two somethings since you never ask: :roll: WATCH BOTH.
No!

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Dom wrote:No!
:( They were just short little Studio C's. *sniff*

DO YOU LIKE TO LAUGH?

Does physical pain make you cry?

What is the most annoying thing ever?

Do you do secretarial work? O.o

What is good about drums?

Did your parents allow you to read Harry Potter?

Dom
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:*sniff*
Maybe eventually. If you remind me. And if I'm feeling generous. :twisted:
Miss Friendship wrote:DO YOU LIKE TO LAUGH?
Yes. I don't laugh deeply nearly often enough though.
Miss Friendship wrote:Does physical pain make you cry?
I don't often get hurt and I'm trying to think of the last time such a thing made me cry... I've never broken a bone or sprained anything, despite being an avid skier, snowboarder, and roller blader when I was younger. I can't think of anything seriously painful, honestly...? I had an entire chunk chopped off the soft spot between my thumb and pointer finger once, but it wasn't really that bad... When I was little, I sliced the top of my foot open more than an inch long...I didn't cry until my mom freaked out and said I would need stitches. :lol: So hmm, I really can't think of an incident that has made me cry from physical pain, but it could be from lack of serious physical pain. :P I mean I've had shots in my gums before having baby teeth pulled, I've had a toothpick in my knee, and countless cuts, scrapes, door jamb kicks, and car door slams... But nothing really stands out as anything that would have ever made me cry. I guess the most prolonged physical pain I felt was when I burned my finger near the nail on steam last year. That was fairly excruciating, but I didn't cry. It was awful though, it burned the same as when it was happening, for over an hour until I was able to get aloe vera gel. It was all I could think about. The only relief was soaking it in water, but the second I took it out, it was searing again. Unpleasant. O.o
Miss Friendship wrote:What is the most annoying thing ever?
Computer issues that will not be resolved, no matter the troubleshooting or professional help. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you do secretarial work?
That would involve me being at an office every single day, which I'm not, and putting on a happy face, which I don't, and agreeing to deal with the general public, which I won't. :wacky:
Miss Friendship wrote:What is good about drums?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG2naf70MbY
Miss Friendship wrote:Did your parents allow you to read Harry Potter?
It never came up because it was understood that it was evilllll, and about witchessss, so I would never have asked to read such a thing. I had zero interest in it. But had I wanted to read it, no, I definitely would not have been allowed. As for your little allegory excuse, Pilgrim's Progress does not glorify murder; Harry Potter's entire intent is to paint wizardry in a positive light. So think again, little missy! And yes, at this point I have seen all the movies, but nope, I still have zero desire to read the books. I might sit through the movies once or twice more in my life to appease people I care about, but I'm not a fan at all.

Dom
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Dom wrote:Harry Potter's entire intent is to paint wizardry in a positive light.
Where did you get that impression from magic used as a plot device?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Ahem, I asked what love is not marriage.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset