The Dom

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Mandy wrote:Your parents thought medicine is evil? O.o Why?
They didn't really "believe" in pills and traditional doctors. They were all about naturopathic healing. Not that there's anything wrong with naturopathic medicine. But when the belief in it keeps you from getting frickin' meds for your kid, that's pretty messed up. But as I mentioned in my previous post, I was almost never sick, so I was lucky.
Mandy wrote:Do you believe in anything after death?
No, I think that's it...seems pretty obvious that we simply rot. The idea of a soul has no basis. It's just a nice, happy thought, to soothe the pain of death.
Mandy wrote:What is the most amazing thing in the world?
Love. :yes: *dreamy sigh* It's what makes life worth living. Falling in love is absolutely beautiful.
Mandy wrote:Have you ever felt such deep pain in your heart that it actually took your breath away?
Yes. It makes your chest implode and your shoulders crunch in.
Mandy wrote:Do hearts heal after being broken? How?
Yes, but not as strong, perhaps. They heal because they must. However, I think, as a wise man once said (or, well, John Cusack's character in a movie, anyway :mrgreen: ) that "your heart grows back bigger". It may not be as strong, it may be easier to break, but I believe your capacity to love grows with each new person you fall in love with, and I believe you can love them fuller, deeper, and more completely than the last. :wacky:
Mandy wrote:What do you think of this quote: Time doesnt heal anything; it just teaches how to cope with the pain.
I would say it sounds wise.
Mandy wrote:Why is it my second favorite thing to happen on the SS when you post in my thread? :mad:
Because I'm a rockstarrrr. 8)
Mandy wrote:Do you have any idea what my favorite thing to happen on the SS is? :twisted:
A PM FROM ME. muhahahahahaaaaaaaaa :twisted:
Mandy wrote:If you could read all the thoughts that have gone thru my brain this past week what do you think your reaction would be? :anxious:
I'd probably be irritated at your latest thoughts/things you've heard about women and "marriage".
Mandy wrote:Do you think I am stupid for believing in God? :twisted:
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're simply misled. But I'll only allow that grace for so long. :twisted: Eventually you have to take responsibility for ignoring the truth! :mrgreen:
Mandy wrote:Are there any foods that make you want to gag?
Rocky Mountain Oysters. *glances sidelong at Ox*
Mandy wrote:What is your greatest fear?
Dying or being killed without warning...the ultimate loss of control.
Mandy wrote:Is there anything in the world that is completely amazing and yet also the most horrific tragedy to ever exist?
Hmm, love could be one of those... Meeting the most incredible person you want to give all your time to, yet circumstances keeping you apart for the time being.
Mandy wrote:Why am I asking you so many questions? :P
You're sucking up to me so I'll post on your thread, of course. :wacky: EITHER THAT OR YOU JUST THINK I HUNG THE MOON. Which, of course, I did. *flaunts hammer and nail*

Dom
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Love. *dreamy sigh* It's what makes life worth living. Falling in love is absolutely beautiful.
NOOOO its not. :x Unless it could actually work. :cry: Love is what makes life NOT worth living.
Yes. It makes your chest implode and your shoulders crunch in.
I know... And you just have to concentrate on breathing deeply and just living one minute at a time. Life...
Yes, but not as strong, perhaps.
They heal because they must.
However, I think, as a wise man
once said (or, well, John Cusack's character in a movie, anyway ) that "your heart grows back bigger".
It may not be as strong, it may be
easier to break, but I believe your
capacity to love grows with each
new person you fall in love with, and
I believe you can love them fuller, deeper, and more completely than the last.
Hmm interesting thought. But I dont want to love again. :noway: Love is now one of my greatest fears.
A PM FROM ME. muhahahahahaaaaaaaaa
Nope. :twisted: A PM from HELIOS!!! :lol:
I'd probably be irritated at your latest
thoughts/things you've heard about
women and "marriage".
Actually no. You'd be SHOCKED O.o at all the naughty things I was imagining. :twisted: Hey I tried... :mad: I apparently had no control over my brain this past week... It wouldnt listen to me. :x
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt
and say you're simply misled. But I'll only allow that grace for so long. Eventually you have to take
responsibility for ignoring the truth!
I would be ignoring the truth if I denied His existance. If it wasnt for Him and what He has done for me life would be absolutely NOT worth living. I'm still not sure it is but it's not about me. Its about Him.
Hmm, love could be one of those...
Exactly. :yes: If someone asked me to describe love that is what I would say.
You're sucking up to me so I'll post on your thread, of course. EITHER THAT OR YOU JUST
THINK I HUNG THE MOON. Which,
of course, I did. *flaunts hammer
and nail*
Actually its because I am just such a cool person and I thought you enjoyed answering questions. :P oooorrrrr... BECAUSE I AM A NOSY PERSON! :twisted:

What is the most beautiful thing in life that has nothing to do with love or people? Why cant I hold a grudge even when I try? What is your greatest talent? What do you think is my greatest talent? What is your favorite thing about me? Least favorite thing? On a scale of 1 to 10 how annoying am I? What was your favorite thing about today?

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Mandy wrote:Love is now one of my greatest fears.
Well it shouldn't be. Just learn from this.
Mandy wrote:A PM from HELIOS!!! :lol:
Oh boy. \:D/
Mandy wrote:You'd be SHOCKED O.o at all the naughty things I was imagining. :twisted:
Where are the mods when OTHER PEOPLE are inappropriate? Geez. Fairness, people. Fairness. :roll:

In any event, nothing you could ever think of would shock me, little girl. :twisted:
Mandy wrote:I thought you enjoyed answering questions. :P
I do. G'job.
Mandy wrote:What is the most beautiful thing in life that has nothing to do with love or people?
Beauty/art...in any form, natural or manmade...music, singing, mountains, water, happiness, Arabian horses, sunsets, photography.
Mandy wrote:Why cant I hold a grudge even when I try?
PROBABLY 'CAUSE GOD, according to Countess. :lol:
Mandy wrote:What is your greatest talent?
My ability to express myself, most likely.
Mandy wrote:What do you think is my greatest talent?
Music composition.
Mandy wrote:What is your favorite thing about me?
Your openness.
Mandy wrote:Least favorite thing?
That you put yourself down, and that you're so dramatic.
Mandy wrote:On a scale of 1 to 10 how annoying am I?
My scales seem to be broken today. :wacky:
Mandy wrote:What was your favorite thing about today?
Spending a lovely afternoon talking to someone I love. :yes:

Dom
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

*wonders why he was sideways glanced at O.o*
xo eht haiasi-
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Isaiah the Ox wrote:*wonders why he was sideways glanced at O.o*
'Cause I'm afraid for Isaiah's...bullhood. =|

Dom
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

*googles it*

OHHHHHHHHH

But *cough* don't worry. Isaiah's already a steer. :P

Have you ever ridden a camel? O.o
xo eht haiasi-
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Isaiah the Ox wrote:OHHHHHHHHH
;)
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Have you ever ridden a camel?
Nope. It looks rather precarious, you don't ride them straddled like a horse, more like perched with your legs flopping around up front... :lol: HAVE YOU DONE IT?!

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

How can a Holy God let any of us sinful creatures live? o_____0 (Assuming God exists and is who He says He is)
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:How can a Holy God let any of us sinful creatures live? o_____0 (Assuming God exists and is who He says He is)
I don't believe God exists, but if He did, the real question is, how could a perfect God create something imperfect? It's a common belief that "God cannot tolerate imperfection", yet He supposedly created imperfect beings. It's called an oxymoron.

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Dom wrote:
Miss Friendship wrote:How can a Holy God let any of us sinful creatures live? o_____0 (Assuming God exists and is who He says He is)
I don't believe God exists, but if He did, the real question is, how could a perfect God create something imperfect? It's a common belief that "God cannot tolerate imperfection", yet He supposedly created imperfect beings. It's called an oxymoron.
If God is God, He can create imperfect things. :P

The question "How can God let anyone die?" can be answered by "How can a Holy God let any of us live?"
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Why do you say that God created imperfect beings directly, as if He was the cause of sinful natures? Is it not possible that he created beings with the capacity for imperfection, knowing that evil exists along with good?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Well I guess this comes down to the definition of imperfection. If imperfection means sin, then you are right. I was more thinking along the lines of how God can create something less then perfect (by human standards) But come to think of it, He doesn't and His perfection isn't defined by ours. So yeah, God creates everything good.

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Well, technically I was asking Dom, but your input is definitely appreciated. :) (My bad for not being more clear, though. :oops: )
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

TigerShadow wrote:Well, technically I was asking Dom, but your input is definitely appreciated. :) (My bad for not being more clear, though. :oops: )
Oops, sorry. I thought you were addressing my claim of God creating imperfect things. :P

DOM, you can answer EVERYTHING.

Dom
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:If God is God, He can create imperfect things.
Not if He cannot tolerate the presence of sin, which is a common claim. If He can't tolerate being around it (hence Hell's existence), He can't possibly have created it. But hey, if He can't be around something, He's not all-powerful, is He? *shrug*

You can never refute this stuff, and you don't even try. Most of the time I make points and you come back with an utterly unrelated comment that just shows you have no grasp of what is going on, no way to defend your supposed views, and that your only remaining options are avoidance and distraction. I really don't feel there is a point in discussing anything religious with you. I respond to your A and B with my own C and D, and you respond back with "zebra" instead of E and F. O.o It's pointless, so I would kindly ask that you, personally, cease and desist with religious questions.
Miss Friendship wrote:The question "How can God let anyone die?" can be answered by "How can a Holy God let any of us live?"
Who asked any such question?
TigerShadow wrote:Why do you say that God created imperfect beings directly, as if He was the cause of sinful natures?
If God created everything, then He created sin. Also, He gave us free will.

In any event, if He just wanted us to choose to worship Him or not, He could have given us that choice, without all this capacity for evil, abuse, murder, etc. He allowed all of that into the world, there was no reason for Him to. If all He wanted was for humans to choose to worship Him or not (and what a pathetic need for the God of the universe :roll: :roll: :roll: ), then He could have let us have that choice, that free will, without including options like murder and child abuse. They only exist because He let them exist. If you believe in God being all-powerful.
TigerShadow wrote:Is it not possible that he created beings with the capacity for imperfection, knowing that evil exists along with good?
Again, God supposedly was THE ONLY THING that existed, before He created everything. He created Satan, Satan is the instigator of sin or however you want to phrase it. God created sin. He built the capacity for sin into Satan and every human.
Miss Friendship wrote:DOM, you can answer EVERYTHING.
Darn straight. Git back, woman! :twisted:

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Dom wrote:Not if He cannot tolerate the presence of sin, which is a common claim. If He can't tolerate being around it (hence Hell's existence), He can't possibly have created it. But hey, if He can't be around something, He's not all-powerful, is He? *shrug*
Like I said before, which you obviously skimmed past, the imperfection I was referring to was not sin. And God deals with humans who sin everyday, so your claim that He "can't be around it" is false.

Maybe we should define sin. Sin: Rebellion against God. Rebellion against God includes the following: Rape. Murder. (Which God and Dom both agree are terribly awful.) Since God is God He has set up consequences for the evildoers. Rebellion against God also includes: Lying. Coveting. Fornication. etc. I suppose these could be classified as "smaller sins" seeing they do not usually have the damaging effects as rape and murder do. However, it's ALL sin. And all of us are guilty of violating God and going against Him in rebellion, so in God's eyes, we are no different than the rapist and murderer. We've all transgressed Him. Every time He offers us mercy, we just turn away and keep running wild in rebellion. And then, when something bad happens, we blame God because He could have stopped it. We literally deserve all the bad things that ever happened to us plus more.
Dom wrote:You can never refute this stuff, and you don't even try. Most of the time I make points and you come back with an utterly unrelated comment that just shows you have no grasp of what is going on, no way to defend your supposed views, and that your only remaining options are avoidance and distraction. I really don't feel there is a point in discussing anything religious with you. I respond to your A and B with my own C and D, and you respond back with "zebra" instead of E and F. It's pointless, so I would kindly ask that you, personally, cease and desist with religious questions.
I've never been a good communicator, but I thought I was always responding to what you said. o_0 But I'll refrain after this post.
Dom wrote:He built the capacity for sin into Satan and every human.
Capacity for sin: Free Will. So which kind of God is more cruel? One who forces us to serve Him, or one who gives a choice? You say that God is cruel because He allows a choice. He is cruel because He lets pain happen when we rebel. But, HOW else is He supposed to teach us that rebelling is bad? If you were God, how would you do it? Could you have un-forced loving people without the option to rebel? That would still be robots.

I do have some honest questions here because I really want to understand your point of view. If you consider them religious, I guess you don't have to answer.

What is the purpose of life? Like what is the greatest achievement or success a human can attain to? Is it happiness? Fame? Success? Love? The reason why I ask is because you've said there is no great inward happiness and peace believing God doesn't exist, and those who do worship God and get this "happiness and peace" are silly because they aren't facing up to the "facts." But if the end goal is happiness, then shouldn't we just believe in a fake God if that's what it gives us? I mean, there is no rule that you "have to live by the facts" if there is no God, because there is therefore no authority or standard for anyone.

Dom
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:God deals with humans who sin everyday, so your claim that He "can't be around it" is false.
It's not my claim, it's the claim of Christians. Just Google "God cannot tolerate sin" or "God cannot be around sin". It's everywhere. And I'm saying it's clearly false.
Miss Friendship wrote:We literally deserve all the bad things that ever happened to us plus more.
That whole paragraph, if applied to the real world, would basically mean that someone who parks in a No Parking zone should receive the death penalty, the same as a serial killer. "Sin is sin". "Breaking the law is breaking the law". It's ludicrous. But yes, I'm well aware that all sin is the same in God's supposed eyes.
Miss Friendship wrote:I've never been a good communicator
Your blog writing is good communication.
Miss Friendship wrote:I thought I was always responding to what you said
You weren't.
Miss Friendship wrote:But I'll refrain after this post.
Thank you.
Miss Friendship wrote:which kind of God is more cruel? One who forces us to serve Him, or one who gives a choice?
God wouldn't need to force anyone to serve Him. He doesn't give a snit if the animals serve Him. There's no reason for Him to have forced Himself and any of these "choices" onto humans. He could have created us and let us be, or never created us at all. But He created us to worship Him, which is pathetic, and that's why He felt the need to give free will. He'd rather have a world full of pain and suffering, with some of His creations freely worshipping Him, than to just go off to His corner and know that He is God without being bowed down to. Pathetic. Disgusting. Evil.
Miss Friendship wrote:He is cruel because He lets pain happen when we rebel.
I have no issue with repercussions to evil actions. What I have a problem with is someone who unleashes evildoers on the world, when it could be avoided. God creating Man with free will is like you walking into every prison and setting all the murderers loose, "to see if they make the right choice" and stop killing. It's insane and pointless. You know their natural inclination. As did God. "Man is inherently evil."

And again...how can Someone who has "no hint of evil in Him" create something that is INHERENTLY evil? It's not possible. :lol:
Miss Friendship wrote:HOW else is He supposed to teach us that rebelling is bad?
Do you need to go out and shoot someone and be convicted for it, to know it's bad? :roll:
Miss Friendship wrote:If you were God, how would you do it?
I would never create a world where horrible things happen to innocent people. Better they never exist than to suffer for me to be worshipped.
Miss Friendship wrote:What is the purpose of life? Like what is the greatest achievement or success a human can attain to? Is it happiness? Fame? Success? Love?
I don't believe there is a purpose to life for anyone. But the closest would probably be happiness, if such a thing exists.
Miss Friendship wrote:if the end goal is happiness, then shouldn't we just believe in a fake God if that's what it gives us?
That would be a false happiness. :roll: I'm all about truth and honesty.
Miss Friendship wrote:there is therefore no authority or standard for anyone.
As I've said over and over, I believe morals exist without God. We know killing is wrong, among many other things. As I've also said, I've known atheists and people who have utter disdain for God, but who live with higher moral standards than most Christians I've met. Morals, doing "the right thing", caring for others, and being a good person, don't have to have anything to do with some fairytale idea of a God. You can give Christmas presents without believing in Santa. They have nothing to do with each other. God is just a figment of your imagination.

Dom
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Are religious questions your favourite kind?
Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:Are religious questions your favourite kind?
*looks around for a weapon* ... *settles on a banana* ... *fwaps you over the head with it* :wacky:

Dom
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

What question should I ask you?