Latch questionnaire

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Dom wrote:What defines "travel always"...not owning or renting a home? How short a time would you stay somewhere to still consider yourself actively traveling?
Constantly being in a state of movement. I've no idea - ideally I'd just pick up and continue when I got itchy feet, whether it be a few days or a few months. There is no appeal to signing a contract of any sort for a living situation.
latch wrote:Nine keys.
Dom wrote:And what are they forrrrr? :mrgreen:
Ten, actually. Car key, four different ones for apartment life, four for work, and another for a shop I do projects at.
Dom wrote:Do you feel your life is full or empty right now?
latch wrote:Full.
Dom wrote:Name five things that make it so?
Connection, active work/creation, working towards my goals, learning, and self-awareness.
Dom wrote:Would you ever want to travel with another person the entire time? Or would you prefer to drift in and out from various companions, being alone when you wished?
I've never wanted to be with another person all the time as of yet, so I can't imagine I'd suddenly want that while travelling. I need a lot of solitude for my well-being, and that absolutely holds true during adventuring.
Dom wrote:How much do you spend on your cell phone every month?
Nothing, it's on somebody else's plan and comes out to be about $15/mo. I don't have a smartphone.
Dom wrote:Name something expensive that you indulge in once in awhile?
Alcohol.
Dom wrote:Do you enjoy popping bubblewrap?
Yes, when it's available.
Dom wrote:What's something immature you've done recently?
I just played Cards against Humanity; I imagine that counts.
Dom wrote:What is your most unique feature?
Most likely my eyebrows or however my hair looks at the time.
Dom wrote:If you could teleport to another location right this second for one hour only, where would it be?
Western Montana, in the middle of the woods.
Dom wrote:Would you ever adopt?
I have no desire to, and it seems like that will continue until something changes. I can't say never.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

If you saw an angel and knew it was one, would you believe in God?

What's the most terrible thing that could happen?

What's the best thing that could happen?

Favorite fruit?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:If you saw an angel and knew it was one, would you believe in God?
I don't see why a celestial being would prove the existence of God. If you're asking whether I'd believe in God if I was given undeniable truth one way or the other, then yes. I'm always in pursuit of the truth; it's just never led me to God.
Miss Friendship wrote:What's the most terrible thing that could happen?
To me personally? To the world, existence as we know it? To me, it would be losing my memory. For humanity.. ignoring truth and following a pattern of hate.
Miss Friendship wrote:What's the best thing that could happen?
Me: Continuing my life as I am. I work toward what I want. Humanity: Truth and acting in love.
Miss Friendship wrote:Favorite fruit?
Avocado.. apples, strawberries, oranges.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What is good about love? Is there anything that makes it good, or love is just special because it makes us feel better?

What is truth?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What is your favorite mixed drink?

Favorite non-fiction book?

Favorite documentary?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:What is good about love? Is there anything that makes it good, or love is just special because it makes us feel better?

What is truth?
I don't consider true love to necessarily make us feel better. Honesty is a large part of love, and it doesn't always soothe us to hear it.

Reality, fact, evidence. You could argue that the only truth we can fully accept is our existence, whichever form that may be in. We don't *know* much more than that. It's all filtered through our perception. And since we are almost nothing without memory, and memory is often quite faulty, it does make you wonder.

-- Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:07 am --
Eleventh Doctor wrote:What is your favorite mixed drink?

Favorite non-fiction book?

Favorite documentary?
Manhattan.

Bah, I typically only read non-fiction nowadays. I don't know about a favourite, but one I re-read recently and enjoyed.. 'The Obstacle is the Way'

Interstellar. That's a documentary, right?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

If you were a pair of headphones, what would you look like?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

And what kind of device would that pair of headphones be plugged into and what would that device be playing?
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

http://files.doobybrain.com/wp-content/ ... r-v150.jpg

Those are the ones I have. They'd be plugged into a receiver, getting audio from a record player. Anything could be playing. If I had a Tool record, probably that. My most played records are probably either Sia or Nat King Cole stuff.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:Connection, active work/creation, working towards my goals, learning, and self-awareness.
:wacky:
latch wrote:I need a lot of solitude for my well-being, and that absolutely holds true during adventuring.
What happens if you don't get that solitude? HOW DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEEEEL? Why do you think you require that?
latch wrote:
:twisted: Yup, very much counts. Were you drinking for it? The best part is watching someone who is utterly sloshed laughing their heads off at the rest of the group. :mrgreen:

Do you have a favorite travel memento? Tell us a story about one of your adventures. If you could have a pet easily right now, what would you choose? Do you think cutting down trees is a bad thing? Do you have plans to go camping again soon? You should share some photos. Who do you miss the most at Christmastime? Do you eat enough? What was the last thing that scared you?

Dom
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Dom wrote:What happens if you don't get that solitude? HOW DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEEEEL? Why do you think you require that?
It manifests itself in different ways, usually a slow stress that builds. I need empty time and space to be myself without intrusions, self-reflect, think about who I am and where I'm going. There are very few people who I can do that around.
latch wrote:
Dom wrote: :twisted: Yup, very much counts. Were you drinking for it? The best part is watching someone who is utterly sloshed laughing their heads off at the rest of the group. :mrgreen:
Hmm, I was drinking. It wasn't a sloshed amount, just a quiet buzz. I believe everyone else in the group was drinking as well.
Dom wrote:Do you have a favorite travel memento? Tell us a story about one of your adventures.
I have a pin I got from a thrift shop in a city I don't remember, it says 'Victory is Sweat'. One night when I was camping in the woods, I heard a noise that sounded exactly like footsteps. Turns out it was.. from a deer. It continued crashing around for about an hour before meandering off.
Dom wrote:If you could have a pet easily right now, what would you choose?
I don't find myself wanting a pet right now, but I've wanted a dog in the past. That might end up happening someday.
Dom wrote:Do you think cutting down trees is a bad thing?
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with using our planet's resources. The problem comes when we have a complete lack of respect for a balanced ecosystem and the earth's health. And I'd say that's about where we are now.
Dom wrote:Do you have plans to go camping again soon? You should share some photos.
I'll likely be taking a month or two off work to go travelling/camping this summer, and it's quite probable I'll be camping before then. No definite plans aside from that. http://oi64.tinypic.com/28ls6cy.jpg
Dom wrote:Who do you miss the most at Christmastime?
I don't really miss people specifically at Christmastime; it doesn't bring up sentimental feelings.
Dom wrote:Do you eat enough?
Yes.
Dom wrote:What was the last thing that scared you?
A couple of days ago, I was slowing down and started sliding towards the stopped car in front of me.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

What would you do with $100?
What would you do with five cans of cappuccino, four calling birds, three glue sticks, two Tupperware chip-and-dip containers, and a large roll of double-sided wrapping paper?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What would you do with $100?
What would you do with five cans of cappuccino, four calling birds, three glue sticks, two Tupperware chip-and-dip containers, and a large roll of double-sided wrapping paper?
Put it in my bank account or wallet to buy things with.

Drink, donate, donate, use, and donate.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:One night when I was camping in the woods, I heard a noise that sounded exactly like footsteps. Turns out it was.. from a deer. It continued crashing around for about an hour before meandering off.
hahaha I've never heard of a loud deer before. I ran into some fuzzy ones the other day. :wacky:
Loverly. :yes: :yes: :yes:

What kind of gear do you keep in your car for camping/traveling? What is the most inconvenient thing that has happened to you while traveling? Have you ever been threatened by someone while out in the wilderness? Do you have any stories about random awesome strangers you've met? What was the last nice thing someone did for you? What was the last nice thing you did for someone? What is your idea of the perfect date, OR DO YOU DO DATES?! Do you prefer handwriting or typing your thoughts? Do you have a song you listen to when you're angry?

Dom
kait
Cookies & Creme

Did you know I drink out of a cool owl mug almost every single day? Because it's my fav.
Why are people poor?
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Dom wrote:What kind of gear do you keep in your car for camping/traveling?
Tent, a few blankets, sleeping bag, tarp, a little propane bottle stove attachment, pot/pan/plate/bowl/knife/utensils/mug, various food items, clothes, etc.
Dom wrote:What is the most inconvenient thing that has happened to you while traveling?
Being on my period in the middle of the woods.
Dom wrote:Have you ever been threatened by someone while out in the wilderness?
Nope.
Dom wrote:Do you have any stories about random awesome strangers you've met?
I talked with a guy somewhere on the border of Montana and Canada that built motorized bikes and sold them. I don't necessarily have a great story about him, he just had a fantastic attitude about life.
Dom wrote:What was the last nice thing someone did for you?
Give me delicious chocolate.
Dom wrote:What was the last nice thing you did for someone?
Brush snow off of somebody's car.
Dom wrote:What is your idea of the perfect date, OR DO YOU DO DATES?!
Camping/travelling/adventuring/tree climbing.
Dom wrote:Do you prefer handwriting or typing your thoughts?
Handwriting.
Dom wrote:Do you have a song you listen to when you're angry?
Not a specific one every time.. It depends on the type of angry mood I'm in. Sometimes if I just need to get some energy out, I'll listen to heavier stuff.. Marilyn Manson or somesuch. If I need to calm down and work through what's upsetting me, probably something a lot more tame. Interstellar soundtrack, piano flutterings, jazz.

kait wrote:Did you know I drink out of a cool owl mug almost every single day? Because it's my fav.
Why are people poor?
I did not know that, but I am happier with that knowledge.

It depends wildly on the person and situation. I have a tendency to believe people have far more power in choice than they believe, but there are obviously near-impossible situations to work through. If we're talking destitute/starving poor in a civilization less convenient than America's, a lot of people are struggling to survive. I'm not keen on sympathy, but there's a time and place. You can be born in a low-income family that teaches horrible standards filled with abuse and neglect and still rise above it, educate yourself, and choose your life path. But that's more for the typical 'poor' American.. not so much the starving human with little to no access to the education, food, work, or opportunities that we're surrounded by in our culture.

It also depends on what you mean by poor; our standards are jaded. In a monetary sense, you can be poor while still being happy and healthy. I don't personally put much significance on financial 'success'.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Spoon wrote:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What would you do with $100?
Put it in my bank account or wallet to buy things with.

Drink, donate, donate, use, and donate.
Oy, Spooner, that's not de way it works. You're supposed to make a work of art, or do something creative, etc. :noway:
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:he just had a fantastic attitude about life.
Do tell more.
latch wrote:
Brush snow off of somebody's car.
Whose wuddit? :wacky:

What makes you admire a person? Who in your life has inspired you? Do you think of romantic relationships as long-term or inevitably short-term? What kind of car do you drive? Is there a song you're obsessed with at the moment? Are you completely financially supporting yourself? Do you think you are a nice person? What is your favorite dessert? What is something you want but can't afford right now? Do you like to run around barefoot?

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Do you carry a gun around? O.o Or any sort of weapon?

Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Dom wrote:
latch wrote:he just had a fantastic attitude about life.
Do tell more.
Oh, there's not much more to tell. It was only a minute or two of interaction, I don't remember anything besides those details.
latch wrote:Brush snow off of somebody's car.
Dom wrote:Whose wuddit? :wacky:
My girlfriend's.
Dom wrote:What makes you admire a person?
Their strength of character, emotional intelligence, adherence to honesty, sense of adventure, and hardworking nature.
Dom wrote:Who in your life has inspired you?
I take bits of inspiration from a lot of different people. The people that are closest to me now are the ones I mainly draw inspiration from, aside from philosophers I agree with.
Dom wrote:Do you think of romantic relationships as long-term or inevitably short-term?
Hmm, I don't generally think of them either way. They have equal potential to last long-term or remain short-term.. I don't think looking at them with expectations of a certain length is the best method.
Dom wrote:What kind of car do you drive?
99 Camry
Dom wrote:Is there a song you're obsessed with at the moment?
I have a few I've been listening to more than often lately - Windowsill by Arcade Fire, 10,000 Days by Tool.
Dom wrote:Are you completely financially supporting yourself?
Yes.
Dom wrote:Do you think you are a nice person?
No, I don't think I fit within the guidelines of 'nice'. I certainly have a sense of compassion and generosity, but 'nice' often blends with 'dishonest'.
Dom wrote:What is your favorite dessert?
Dark chocolate.
Dom wrote:What is something you want but can't afford right now?
A truck, more tools, materials to build a tiny house.
Dom wrote:Do you like to run around barefoot?
It would be ideal, but I'm generally wearing boots/shoes.
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you carry a gun around? O.o Or any sort of weapon?
Nope, don't own a gun. I typically have a knife on me and various tools.