Ask Tea Ess things

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!

Favorite penguin?

Reginald
33%
Reginald
67%

Total votes: 6

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

GJFH wrote:Do you enjoy collecting? And if so, what do you collect? :)
Arkán has a nice saying: "I collect collections." I tend to be similar in that I collect and save boxes of things that I find interesting or sentimental, categorizing them very specifically. My collections include marbles, childhood creations, momentos from various trips, and books, especially the Oz series (only the ones by Baum), of which I have every book except for the first.
GJFH wrote:What is your favourite Holiday?
Probably Christmas. It has a very nice combination of vacation time, emphasis on family, presents, delicious food, and of course Christ.
GJFH wrote:Do you enjoy playing board games?
I definitely do. I enjoy Orthello, Monopoly, Risk, Life, Chess (although I don't play enough to be good), and others.
GJFH wrote:How do you take your coffee?
I really don't drink that much coffee, but when I do it's usually with cream and sugar.
GJFH wrote:How many siblings do you have?
I have one younger sister and two younger brothers.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Didi
Cookies & Creme

What's the nicest thing you've done for someone?
What's the meanest thing you've done for someone?
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Why do you such an addiction to posting chickens? 8)
Have you ever dressed up as a chicken?
What sauce do you enjoy dipping your chicken into?
What is your favourite book series from your childhood?
At what age did you start becoming an avid AIO fan?
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Didi wrote:What's the nicest thing you've done for someone?
I shared my chocolate with them. :yes:
Didi wrote:What's the meanest thing you've done for someone?
I ate their chocolate.
GJFH wrote:Why do you such an addiction to posting chickens?
It's a way to make counting more fun.
GJFH wrote:Have you ever dressed up as a chicken?
Nope. If I do, I'll be sure to post a picture on the ToO though.
GJFH wrote:What sauce do you enjoy dipping your chicken into?
Preferably none. I do like teriyaki sauce with stir-fry though, if that counts.
GJFH wrote:What is your favourite book series from your childhood?
That's a good question. I loved the Oz books as a kid, as well as Narnia and the Redwall series.
GJFH wrote:At what age did you start becoming an avid AIO fan?
I heard my first AiO episode around age 10 or so, and I gradually got into it more as I got older, peaking around age 13 or so. The last time I listened to an episode was last December, I think. :anxious:
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Have you ever travelled by row-boat?
Do you know how to whistle with your hands?
What is your favourite children's worship song?
Can you snap your fingers? :)
What is your honest opinion of me? GJFH (myself) :lol:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Are you in the top ten posters? O.o

Do you think I'll ever pass up Belle? :x

What is the best invention of all times?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

GJFH wrote:Have you ever travelled by row-boat?
Do you know how to whistle with your hands?
What is your favourite children's worship song?
Can you snap your fingers? :)
What is your honest opinion of me? GJFH (myself) :lol:
Only by inflatable row-boat. I have, however, traveled by kayak, canoe, regular boat, and paddle board.

No. I am devoid of nearly any whistling talent. :( The best I can muster is a single high pitched note, and I can't even do that most of the time. I've never been able to snap either.

There are a lot of good children's worship songs. Sometimes they can be a little on the obnoxious side, but they also tend to be catchy and fun. I helped teach a preschool Sunday school class for several years, and among my favorites were Deep and Wide, Only a Boy Named David, and This Little Light of Mine.

As we were talking about on the chat, you definitely seem like a middle child. You're mature and self aware, excel in connecting with other people, and also have a well developed sense of humor. Overall, you seem like a genuinely nice and good person. :yes:

Miss Friendship wrote:Are you in the top ten posters? O.o

Do you think I'll ever pass up Belle? :x

What is the best invention of all times?
I am indeed. I'm on the verge of taking back my old place at #7. \:D/

No. Belle is the Catspaw of the Soda Shop, and therefore must have the highest number of posts. If you were to overtake her, Belle would no longer be the Catspaw of the SS and it would implode, killing us all. :( but in all seriousness, in theory you certainly could overtake Belle and we would all be fine.

The Hindu-Arabic numeral system. It originated in India and was picked up by Muslim mathematicians, who in turn brought it to Europe. The idea of representing each number as an individual symbol (eg 1,2,3,...) has allowed for amazing mathematical accomplishments. We're fortunate to be working with our numeral system, as opposed to hieroglyphics or Roman numerals.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Which one thing do you think could improve the American school system?
What do you find makes it difficult for you to study? Or, are you a focused learner?
Do you use flashcards?
What particular topic of Math do you find most stimulating?

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Bump. \:D/
GJFH wrote:Which one thing do you think could improve the American school system?
What do you find makes it difficult for you to study? Or, are you a focused learner?
Do you use flashcards?
What particular topic of Math do you find most stimulating?
Comprehensive sex education offered at every school. Even the homeschools.

The Internet. :anxious:

Typically not. When I need to memorize something, it's usually a formula or math technique that's best learned by repeatedly working sets of math problems. I did use flash cards for a math history class, though.

As a disclaimer, I haven't done much math at all this year, but I love the feeling of mastering concepts. On the actuarial exams, you only get a few minutes per problem, so for most of them you pretty much have to know exactly what approach and formulas you'll use to solve the problem by the time you've finished reading it. When I'm fully studied for an exam, solving problems feels more like a finely tuned art than anything else.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I thought I'd let you all know that I'm gay. Obviously the majority of people here won't be supportive of that, but I wanted to come out here anyway as part of my journey out of the closet. If you're LGBT+ or are questioning if you are, please feel free to PM me to talk. I can't speak for all queer people, but I do know more than the average person and might be able to help answer your questions.

I have very little interest in debating the validity of my existence, but if anyone else has questions they can ask respectfully and in good faith, I'll do my best to answer them or point you in the direction of some resources that can, either in this thread or over PM.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Three cheers for TS! \:D/
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

I'm very happy for you, this is a huge step to take :)
~Two of your five a day~.
Rosie Willowwater
Strawberry

Thanks for being open about this and offering help for others, Tea Ess. :)
:)
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

/me hugs TS. Brave thing to do. Have you come out to your family yet?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Thanks, everyone.
Miss Friendship wrote:/me hugs TS. Brave thing to do. Have you come out to your family yet?
I'm planning to come out to my sister soon, and probably the rest of my siblings and parents eventually. I’m not sure about extended family yet.
Last edited by Tea Ess on Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

I hope all goes well.
NinjaHunter
Raspberry Ripple

Don't take this the wrong way, but your sexual orientation doesn't mean a whole lot to me. You are still the T.S. I know and (sometimes) love to hate lol, and my opinion of you isn't negatively affected by whether you're gay or straight.

Now, knowing your sexual orientation will put context behind some of what you say and think, and I see this as a good thing. Better to be open about your beliefs and sexuality than to keep it hidden and suppressed.

Anyways, good luck with whatever direction you go next!
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Are you and Christian and if so what is your personal testimony. (If you don't want to share it thats fine)
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Well, I sincerely hope you find people who will be kind, compassionate, and ready to listen, whether or not they agree with you. :) I also hope you know I don't plan on treating you any different, because that wouldn't accomplish anything worthwhile.

Woody
Cookies & Creme

I admire your bravery, Tea Ess, and I'm glad to see so many people being so supportive! I wish you the very best, and I pray that your family will be understanding as you begin what I'm sure is an unnerving process of revealing this part of yourself to them.

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold