Ask Tea Ess things

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!

Favorite penguin?

Reginald
33%
Reginald
67%

Total votes: 6

HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

What five people, past or present, real or fiction, do you most admire?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Who are your favorite and least favorite Disney villains?
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Connie G. wrote:What's your favorite kind of donut?
Chocolate cake donuts. I like the denser texture, and of course the chocolate flavor. :yes:
Kaida wrote:Which version of the Bible do you read?
ESV or NIV.
SirWhit wrote:Algebra or trig? iPhone or Android? Pencil or pen?
Algebra. I use it more than trig, and it tends to be more straightforward.

I've only ever had an iPhone, so I can't accurately compare them, but I'm very happy with mine.

It depends on the use. I would die if I had to use a pen for math problems or taking notes, but they certainly have their place.
Baron von Odyssey wrote:Who are your favorite and least favorite Disney villains?
Yzma is definitely one of my favorites. I don't really have a least favorite, but I was terrified of Scar when I was little.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Do you have red hair?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

No, I have rather plain brownish hair.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Why did you chose the name T.S (myself)?
What is one subject you are interested in learning?
Would you call yourself a theologian?
What is your church's denomination?
Are you left-brained or right-brained?
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Didi
Cookies & Creme

Do you prefer pancakes or waffles?
What's your favorite type of tea?
If you could speak in an accent, what accent would it be?
What would you do if Buzz Lightyear showed up to your door? :lol:
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

GJFH wrote:Why did you chose the name T.S (myself)?
What is one subject you are interested in learning?
Would you call yourself a theologian?
What is your church's denomination?
Are you left-brained or right-brained?
Joining the SS was the first time I had to pick a username. T.S are my initials, but I thought that looked rather short, so I added the (myself) for good measure. The main nickname I go by is Tea Ess, and I've considered changing my username here to that, but I haven't fully decided yet.

I'm interested in learning Tolkien's Elvish languages and the Tengwar (Elvish characters).

I would not call myself a theologian. I don't have a level of knowledge that would make me feel confident bearing that title, and honestly I'm not that interested in obtaining that level of knowledge.

Every church my family has belonged to has been non-denominational. They probably most align with the Baptist or Methodist churches, and have numbered from between 150 and 2000 people.

I would call myself primarily left brained, but I have some attributes from each side. My main strength is mathematics and analytical thinking, and I think those things can also be very beautiful and creative.
Didi wrote:Do you prefer pancakes or waffles?
What's your favorite type of tea?
If you could speak in an accent, what accent would it be?
What would you do if Buzz Lightyear showed up to your door? :lol:
Either. I love all breakfast foods.

I'm ashamed to say I'm not much of a tea person. :( I'll drink pretty much any kind of tea.

Probably either a French accent or an English one.

Take a video and find a way to monetize it.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

When do you fit in time to read the Bible?
Would you say you are an early-riser?
How late do you usually stay up to?
What would you say is a weakness of your personality?
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Didi
Cookies & Creme

Would you like to be the president of the US?
Are you a crafty person?
Do you sympathize with the villian or protagonist?
What's your favorite animal?
If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
K.R.E.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

GJFH wrote:When do you fit in time to read the Bible?
Would you say you are an early-riser?
How late do you usually stay up to?
What would you say is a weakness of your personality?
Typically in the evenings.

No, not at all. I'm perfectly capable of getting up early, but it's not my preference.

It totally depends on the situation. Right now, my earliest class is at 10am, so I can stay up to 1am or so and still get a nice night of sleep.

That's not a very fun question. :( Probably appearing to be disinterested when I'm actually not.
Didi wrote:Would you like to be the president of the US?
Are you a crafty person?
Do you sympathize with the villian or protagonist?
What's your favorite animal?
If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
No, I definitely do not, but thankfully inexperienced 19 year olds aren't qualified to be president. :P

In general, I'm not very artistically gifted. I do occasionally enjoy doing crafty things, though.

That's a good question, but I think it mostly depends on the particular story. Like most people, I often sympathize with the protagonist more, because their character is typically written so that the reader/viewer empathizes with them. I do enjoy stories with complex villains I can have sympathy for, even if I don't necessarily agree with their actions.

My go-to favorite animal is the kakapo, because I did a paper on them back in grade school, and most people haven't heard of them. The kakapo is an endangered flightless parrot. It's native to New Zealand, but is currently limited to a couple of small islands for conservation efforts.

Any superpower? I'm not sure if this counts, but gating would be an amazing superpower/magical ability. It's the main focus of the Mither Mages trilogy by Orson Scott Card. A gate is essentially a portal between two points, created so that a person could travel between those points instantly, regardless of the distance. Passage through a gate also heals any injury or illness, so a gate mage has incredible power to heal people as well. The series is worth reading just for the magical system and worldbuilding.
Didi
Cookies & Creme

T.S. (myself) wrote: My go-to favorite animal is the kakapo, because I did a paper on them back in grade school, and most people haven't heard of them. The kakapo is an endangered flightless parrot. It's native to New Zealand, but is currently limited to a couple of small islands for conservation efforts.

I'm not sure if this counts, but gating would be an amazing superpower/magical ability.
You are awesome.

When was the last time you had a life-or-death situation?
Would you rather spend your evening playing with a (or your, if you have one) dog, or reading a book?
Do you prefer milkshakes or slushies?
What is one embarrasing moment of your life?
Do you prefer purified or spring water?
K.R.E.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

A poll has now been added! Please let me know your opinion on this important issue. \:D/
Didi wrote:You are awesome.

When was the last time you had a life-or-death situation?
Would you rather spend your evening playing with a (or your, if you have one) dog, or reading a book?
Do you prefer milkshakes or slushies?
What is one embarrasing moment of your life?
Do you prefer purified or spring water?
Thank you. I didn't know kakapos were so appreciated. :p

I haven't really been in a situation where I had a high likelihood of dying in any particular moment. One thing that does stick out to me is looking over the edge of the Grand Canyon, realizing that the only thing between me and death was a few steps forward. The call of the void makes it a lot trippier.

Right now, playing with my dog sounds amazing. I haven't seen her in almost a month. Ellie is a Labrador Retriever, and it's fun to walk or even swim with her.

Definitely milkshakes. Slushies are basically just ground ice with corn syrup flavored in slightly different ways.

My very first debate thread on the SS. :anxious: Never look for it.

I'm honestly totally fine with plain tap water, and it's 90% of what I drink. There's nothing markedly different about bottled water.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

*flies to stalk debate threads with TS's name*

I voted for Tea Ess, just because I think it has more personality. However, it might cause some to think you are a girl though. :P

Do you drive and have your own car?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Miss Friendship wrote:*flies to stalk debate threads with TS's name*
nooooooo :(
Miss Friendship wrote:I voted for Tea Ess, just because I think it has more personality. However, it might cause some to think you are a girl though.
I know. =p Most people around here already know my gender though.
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you drive and have your own car?
My family owns a car that is considered my car, as I used it when I was commuting and am generally the main person that uses it. However, I will eventually have to purchase a car myself.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Nope. Definitely, absolutely not.

dont judge me :(
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

That was the very first thread I ever came across from the Soda Shop. Someone linked to it on the ToO and I decided to give it a read out of morbid curiosity.

It...it was an experience. :P
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Yeah, I remember. :(

To be fair, there are some similar 'debates' on the ToO. Now let's never speak of this again. :P
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Do you enjoy collecting? And if so, what do you collect? :)
What is your favourite Holiday?
Do you enjoy playing board games?
How do you take your coffee? :mrgreen:
How many siblings do you have? (If this isn't too personal)