Starring Mandy

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Miss Friendship wrote:What are your favorite AIO albums?
Weeeelll I think perhaps Album 21. Bernard and Eugene's road trip was pretty cool. :D But I also really like all the albums from the early 2000's. Those were so interesting. :yes:
Miss Friendship wrote:What inspires you?
God, you, nature, beautiful music, Lamar (a baby from our church :D ), and...surprise surprise... PAIN. O.o
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you like staying in hotels?
I have only stayed in a hotel twice in the time that I was old enough to remember and I thought it was pretty awesome, but it's been at least 6 years since the last time so... *shrugs*
Dom wrote:Negatory.
Well that will soon change.
Dom wrote:Despite the lack of head covering, YOUR LIFE SOUNDS LIKE MY TEENAGE YEARS. So basically, your parents have socially crippled you to only ever meeting people at church, give you no freedom, no money, no means of personal transportation, no ability to take care of yourself. So you have to marry someone you meet at church, or mooch off of them forever until they die. Yes? Does anyone think this sounds healthy?
It is not that bad and it's more our current situation and not my parents choices for some of it... I used to have GOBS of IRL friends before we moved... My parents love me and want what's best for me. I should quit complaining and just accept my situation...
Dom wrote:But does he give you live adviiiice?
Yes. In His word, and He also speaks to me in my heart.
Dom wrote:I don't mind, I listen to them quite often. I grew up steeped in CCM and worship songs and I still love them. I just don't listen to Christian radio anymore, but I adore the stuff I grew up with.
OK cool.

The links worked?
Dom wrote:Such a dirty girl, reading how to be a good wife. Satan sure has you in his clutches. *smirk* So did you learn anything USEFUL?
Yeah... as I said... #naughtyme ;) All I learned was that if marriage is really like that book insinuated then I am NOT getting married. :noway:
Dom wrote:BUT WHAT DO YOU WEAR?!?!?!?!
Sometimes I wear my normal clothes but I do have a something like this that I wear often. https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... aX0B0Hs2_Q
Dom wrote:Do you have any secrets?
Yes a big bad one. :oops:
Dom wrote: How many pets have you had in your life?
I've never had one that was specifically mine and neither have I ever really desired that. If I'm going to love something I'd rather it be a fellow human being. But...hey it is nice that animals can't hurt you and let you don't like people can. *sighs*
Dom wrote:What does a typical Sunday look like for you?
I typed out a long detailed version of my typical Sunday but it get erased somehow so I'll just give you the quicky version this time. So we go to church at 10 am. I chat with my friends a bit and hopefully get a chance to hold my favorite little guy Lamar before church and then after church, we eat lunch and then hang out all afternoon.
Dom wrote:What is your comfort food?
I don't feel hungry when I'm sad. And I typically don't eat much unless I have been working really hard or doing some strenuous physical activity.
Dom wrote:Have you ever laughed until you cried, and do you remember why?
Yes I have but I don't remember why. And it's been so LOOOONG... I don't laugh much these days. :(
Dom wrote:What do you do with your hair when you're swimming?
I have it in a bun (as usual) but I don't wear my head covering while swimming.
Dom wrote: If you could have more siblings, would you?
I wouldn't mind another older brother but I definitely wouldn't want any more younger siblings or an older sister. :noway: I like being the oldest girl. :mrgreen:
Dom wrote:WHICH IS THE GROSSEST VEGETABLE?
Definitely mushrooms. *shudders*
Bethany Shepard wrote:Would you rather jog or hike?
Hike.
Bethany Shepard wrote:Have you ever been in a plane?
No. :cry:
Bethany Shepard wrote:How often do you get on YouTube?
Maybe once a week.
Miss Friendship wrote:Mandy travels A LOT with her family, and has been to many new places. So first assumption = WRONG. She has freedom...with limits, which is actually a very good thing for a parent to give their child. It's a form of love and protection. They supply all her needs, what rule says they must also give her money when they don't have it to give? More like her brothers are rather uncaring, and rarely take her anywhere when they BOTH have their licenses... her parents are far too busy. If Mandy was stranded, rest assured, she COULD, in fact, survive.
Right on MF. :yes:
Miss Friendship wrote:I'll let Mandy address the marrying part.
Heh. I am NOT marrying someone from my church. :noway: There are only 2 guys remotely near my age at my church (besides my brothers) and they both are NOT my type, plus they already have their girls picked out.

I won't bother quoting all the discussion between Dom and MF but... I just had a talk with my dad today and he basically told me that he would never allow me to have a job outside of the home, even babysitting or doing housework. So...all my hopes for a brighter future went out the window.
Paula wrote:Someone legitimately needs to count how many times MF and Mandy have had to answer this question...
Riiiight Paula. But it's only MF who has had to answer it. No one ever asked me before Dom.
Miss Friendship wrote: I may or may not admit that we are foreign creatures from out of space.
Ha ha. Exactly. :lol:

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

What do you watch when you're on YouTube?

How long is your hair?

Is your hair naturally that perfect blond?! (You have my favorite shade! I'm jelly!)
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Bethany Shepard wrote:What do you watch when you're on YouTube?

How long is your hair?

Is your hair naturally that perfect blond?! (You have my favorite shade! I'm jelly!)
It depends but mostly music videos and Studio C.

Well it used to be almost to my knees but my mom has trimmed it a few times recently and it's just a little past my waist right now. I dont want it longer than that ever again cuz it way too hard to wash and its annoy that long.

I would say its perfect but yes it is naturally blonde. Its a lot darker in the back than in the front tho.

I should beware of her.

Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I'm so jelly! My hair used to be at my waist, but I cut it to my ears last year. ;-; Moral of the story, DON'T CUT YOUR HAIR!

What is Studio C? Why is it cool?

Are you homeschooled? What's your favorite memory of that?
-Nicolas Cage
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Mandy wrote:I used to have GOBS of IRL friends before we moved...
From a previous church? Neighbors? Did you see them during the week?
Mandy wrote:The links worked?
Yep, I responded! :yes:
Mandy wrote:All I learned was that if marriage is really like that book insinuated then I am NOT getting married. :noway:
Which parts bothered you? Also, marriage will be however you and your husband make it. If you marry someone who was raised the way you were, your marriage will likely look like your parents' marriage. If you marry someone who believes that book you read, it will mirror that. If you marry a rebellious biker dude with a string of broken hearts behind him, WELL, you know how that's gonna turn out. :P Marriage doesn't have to be like that book, or like anything else you've seen or heard or read. It will be what you choose and what you make it, affected by the person you agree to marry. SO THINK HARD. And choose wisely. Or be smart, and don't marry someone. BE LIKE THE DOM. 8)
Mandy wrote:
DO SHARE WITH EVERYONE. :twisted:
Mandy wrote:I typed out a long detailed version of my typical Sunday but it get erased somehow
If that happened while you had the Reply box open, try hitting Ctrl+Z next time, it should undo the last thing you did, including accidentally highlighting/erasing something.
Mandy wrote:I don't wear my head covering while swimming.
OH YOU LOOSE, EVIL WOMAN. GOD IS LOOKING DOWN AT YOUR NAKED HAIR AND CRYING, HIS TEARS FILLED UP THAT POOL YOU KNOW!!! :lol:

What are your hobbies? What interests you? Tell me about your siblings. Who would you like to meet right now, if you could...celebrity, someone from this board, historical figure, book character... :wacky: When was the last time you met someone new and awesome, in person? Do you think people fall in love with their friends in a way, even if not romantically? What do your parents think of Halloween? HOW OFTEN DO YOU BRUSH YOUR TEETH? :mrgreen:

Dom
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Dom wrote:
Mandy wrote:I used to have GOBS of IRL friends before we moved...
From a previous church? Neighbors? Did you see them during the week?
Mandy wrote:The links worked?
Yep, I responded! :yes:
Mandy wrote:All I learned was that if marriage is really like that book insinuated then I am NOT getting married. :noway:
Which parts bothered you? Also, marriage will be however you and your husband make it. If you marry someone who was raised the way you were, your marriage will likely look like your parents' marriage. If you marry someone who believes that book you read, it will mirror that. If you marry a rebellious biker dude with a string of broken hearts behind him, WELL, you know how that's gonna turn out. :P Marriage doesn't have to be like that book, or like anything else you've seen or heard or read. It will be what you choose and what you make it, affected by the person you agree to marry. SO THINK HARD. And choose wisely. Or be smart, and don't marry someone. BE LIKE THE DOM. 8)
Mandy wrote:
DO SHARE WITH EVERYONE. :twisted:
Mandy wrote:I typed out a long detailed version of my typical Sunday but it get erased somehow
If that happened while you had the Reply box open, try hitting Ctrl+Z next time, it should undo the last thing you did, including accidentally highlighting/erasing something.
Mandy wrote:I don't wear my head covering while swimming.
OH YOU LOOSE, EVIL WOMAN. GOD IS LOOKING DOWN AT YOUR NAKED HAIR AND CRYING, HIS TEARS FILLED UP THAT POOL YOU KNOW!!! :lol:

What are your hobbies? What interests you? Tell me about your siblings. Who would you like to meet right now, if you could...celebrity, someone from this board, historical figure, book character... :wacky: When was the last time you met someone new and awesome, in person? Do you think people fall in love with their friends in a way, even if not romantically? What do your parents think of Halloween? HOW OFTEN DO YOU BRUSH YOUR TEETH? :mrgreen:

Dom
Well some were from my church but not near all of them. I saw different ones different times/places. Some I only saw on Sunday but some I saw during the week. Once we moved I just lost contact with most of them tho. Why is it that no one ever loves me as much as I love them? :?

Heh. If I told you here I would probably get banned for a week or something. A bit inappropriate to talk about... Perhaps I will tell you in PM. ;)

Actually marrying someone who was raised like me doesnt mean my marriage would be like my parents. For one thing they were totally not raised like they are raising their children and for another thing they have an amazing marriage. So if I marry a guy who loves me as much as my dad loves my mom and we get along as well as my parents do perhaps I will have as good a marriage as my parents but it would have nothing to do with how he was raised. I can never remember a time when my parents had a fight or an argument or were mad at each other....

Why is it smart not to get married? :P I want to get married...if I meet a guy who is worthy of being entrusted with my heart... I doubt that any such guy exists tho.

No thanks. You already know most of my secrets anyway. :wacky:

:roll:

Writing, playing the piano, singing, being online. :D

Nothing right now...

I have 2 older brothers who are pretty awesome but they are gone a lot so I dont see much of them. And I have 4 younger siblings who I live with 24/7 and they drive me nuts. If I have kids I hope they dont act like that! Ok well my little sister can be adorable...like when she comes up and hugs me tightly when I am feeling really down... But anyhow...

Well I want to meet Blitz sometime in my life but not anytime soon. So if I could meet ANYONE right now... John (aka Black Ghost or Jimmy Barclay). He is the best. :yes:

Probably at YBS in November. I met MF's friend Betsy. The 3 of us had a blast together. :D

Maybe. *shrugs*

The same thing I think of it.

Usually once or twice a day.

I should beware of her.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Dom wrote:OH YOU LOOSE, EVIL WOMAN. GOD IS LOOKING DOWN AT YOUR NAKED HAIR AND CRYING, HIS TEARS FILLED UP THAT POOL YOU KNOW!!!
For this reason, I wear a headcovering when swimming. :mrgreen:
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

:roll: The Bible doesnt say to cover your head all the time. Shall I wear a head covering in the shower? O.o

I should beware of her.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

That would be quite humorous. :twisted: :lol:
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Miss Friendship wrote:That would be quite humorous. :twisted: :lol:
*dies and dies* Maybe I'll try it tomorrow morning and see how well I can wash my hair that way. :lol:

I should beware of her.

SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Am I allowed to be bros with someone who's a girl?!!!!!!! Or do all of my friends have to be guys?!!!!!! :mad:

Ah, overdramatic questions. So much fun.
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Just realized I missed this Bethy...
Bethany Shepard wrote:I'm so jelly! My hair used to be at my waist, but I cut it to my ears last year. ;-; Moral of the story, DON'T CUT YOUR HAIR!

What is Studio C? Why is it cool?

Are you homeschooled? What's your favorite memory of that?
I will never cut my hair short. I like my hair. :yes: I am a little proud of it. :anxious:

You dont know what Studio C is? O.o

Yes. Maybe getting up at 6 am with my brother and making tents out of blankets and doing our school in there before breakfast. The good old days when I was just a happy care free kid... *sighs*
SirWhit wrote:Am I allowed to be bros with someone who's a girl?!!!!!!! Or do all of my friends have to be guys?!!!!!! :mad:

Ah, overdramatic questions. So much fun.
You cant be bros with a GIRL but you can be friends with a girl. :P You dont have any friends who are girls?

I should beware of her.

Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Mandy wrote:You dont know what Studio C is? O.o
Nope.... go ahead and explain. :anxious:

Hot chocolate or latte?

If you had to write a 5 page paper on any subject and any style, what would it be?
-Nicolas Cage
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Bethany Shepard wrote:
Mandy wrote:You dont know what Studio C is? O.o
Nope.... go ahead and explain. :anxious:

Hot chocolate or latte?

If you had to write a 5 page paper on any subject and any style, what would it be?
I dont feel like explaining right now... There is a thread about it in Community Courtyard...

Latte. :yes:

Right now I would write a story about a world where was no love but no hate or no emotions or feelings. I wonder what that would be like...

I should beware of her.

HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

What would you do with:
5 gallons of peppermint tea
4 pieces of purple junk mail
3 six-penny nails
2 hot-tubs full of glue
1 fluorescent lightbulb
?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

I know this an extremely lame answer but honestly I'd probably just throw it all away. Well I might drink a little of the tea and save the light bulbs.

I should beware of her.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

How COULD YOU? O.o

Glue the 4 pieces of purple junk mail, decorated with nails into a frame and shock guests whenever they look at your wall. :lol: :clap:

Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Miss Friendship wrote:How COULD YOU? O.o

Glue the 4 pieces of purple junk mail, decorated with nails into a frame and shock guests whenever they look at your wall. :lol: :clap:
I dont like to save junk. :noway:

I should beware of her.

Dom
Cookies & Creme

Mandy wrote:Why is it that no one ever loves me as much as I love them? :?
Because you keep meeting unworthy people?
Mandy wrote:I can never remember a time when my parents had a fight or an argument or were mad at each other....
That's nice.
Mandy wrote:Why is it smart not to get married?
One cannot promise to feel a certain way forever. One can only promise to force themselves to remain in a situation as long as they can stand it. That does not sound wise, pleasant or God-designed.
Mandy wrote:I have 4 younger siblings who I live with 24/7 and they drive me nuts. If I have kids I hope they dont act like that!
How do they drive you nuts? Kids are the result of their parents. TAKE HEED.

Do you think your parents did a good job raising your youngest siblings? Do you want to model your parenting after theirs? Who is your favorite actress? Did you play dress-up as a kid, ever, or is that just not something YOU PEOPLE do? :twisted: What is your most prized possession? Do you carry hard drives around in your purse like Countess? O.o Tell us about a talent of yours. Do you like french fries crispy or soft? Is there a song that fits your life story as a whole? What kind of shoes do you wear? What is something you learned about yourself recently, that has nothing to do with love?

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

*storms in*
Dom wrote:Do you carry hard drives around in your purse like Countess?
Okay, this has got to stop. I do NOT carry them around, I just keep my EXPANSION DRIVE (I call it a hard drive) in my room, and it usually is in my purse because there is no other place to put it. And might I add, that most people carry laptops around which is MORE than a hard drive.

*stops for breath*

:mrgreen: