Ask sing

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
sing
Raspberry Ripple

Connie G. wrote:Wow. I'm guessing you're really good, then?

I'd say I'm decently good. But then I look at amazing piano players like John Schmidt, and I'm like I'm A TERRIBLE PIANO PLAYER!!!

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What inspires you?

Your dream home would look like what?

Have you ever visited the R.A.? http://thera.alldiscussion.net/

Do you normally read any blogs?

Have you seen my blog? :mrgreen:
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Miss Friendship wrote: Have you ever visited the R.A.? http://thera.alldiscussion.net/
#ShamelessPromo :wacky:

What's your favorite snack to eat when you're in the car on a road trip?
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
sing
Raspberry Ripple

Miss Friendship wrote:What inspires you?

Your dream home would look like what?

Have you ever visited the R.A.? http://thera.alldiscussion.net/

Do you normally read any blogs?

Have you seen my blog? :mrgreen:
Good Music.

5-10 acres, a nice old white 2 story farm house, with a pasture, an orchard, and big trees by the house. Right in between A***** and L****** where I used to live. :-) sighs dreamily.

Yeah, once. I didn't join tho, because I don't really debate, so I would be useless there. Plus I already spend too much time on the ss. :P

Yeah I do read a few.

Yes I have. ;-)
Paula wrote:
Miss Friendship wrote: Have you ever visited the R.A.? http://thera.alldiscussion.net/
#ShamelessPromo :wacky:

What's your favorite snack to eat when you're in the car on a road trip?
Cheese it's! Or Doritos. Or popcorn. Unhealthy stuff of course. :-)

Dom
Cookies & Creme

What is your favorite instrument to play, and to listen to? Do you like music that mixes previously "separate" sounds, like hip-hop with saxophone or rock music with strings? Who is your favorite person on the planet? What makes you happy? :wacky: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? What would you like to be doing in ten years? Do you want to grow old? What is your clothing style? Do you like hummus?! :mad: Tell me something most people don't know about you.

Dom
sing
Raspberry Ripple

Dom wrote:What is your favorite instrument to play, and to listen to? Do you like music that mixes previously "separate" sounds, like hip-hop with saxophone or rock music with strings? Who is your favorite person on the planet? What makes you happy? :wacky: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? What would you like to be doing in ten years? Do you want to grow old? What is your clothing style? Do you like hummus?! :mad: Tell me something most people don't know about you.

Dom
My favorite instrument to play is piano, my favorite to listen to is either electric violin or electric cello

Yeah I do, I'm not so sure about hip hop with a sax, but I love it when rock bands throw in a violin. :-)

My favorite person on the planet is probably my big brother

Good books and a cappella music are probably my top two things that make me happy. And playing piano

Oregon! I don't ever want to move away!!!!!

In ten years I hope to have a music degree of some type, and possibly do some teaching

I definitely want to grow old! I mean the only other option is....

I don't know how to define my clothing style. I cannot stand tight clothes, they are uncomfortable and not flattering to your figure. Mostly I wear denim skirts and t shirts or button up shirts. Today my shirt says treble maker, and it has a treble clef on it. It's my favorite shirt. :-)

Yep I like hummus.

Something almost no-one knows about me (my extended family just found out on Wednesday!) Is that I have a very rare disease. My gastroenterologist doesn't even know yet for sure if it is achalasia, or something called EoE. The diseases have very similar symptoms, and only one in every 10,000 people get them. But basically the short version is that my esophagus (the tube your food goes down into your stomach in) was less than 5 percent of the size of a normal esophagus. But yesterday I went to the hospital, abd they stretched it out to 15 mm. It's so weird cuz now I can eat! My food hardly gets stuck anymore. Before, it was too the point that I couldn't even get water down sometimes. Anyway, sorry for the long shpeal, I can't believe I got the guts to actually post this where everyone can see.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Wow, sing. O.o At least it isn't serious. :mad: And I'm glad you can eat again. :P

So if it was so hard to eat, did you get really hungry all the time?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

sing
Raspberry Ripple

Miss Friendship wrote:Wow, sing. O.o At least it isn't serious. :mad: And I'm glad you can eat again. :P

So if it was so hard to eat, did you get really hungry all the time?

Yeah, me too. They had me on nasty drinks like ensure and boost and pediasure because I lost 17 lbs in 2 1/2 months and I couldn't get enough nutrition so I was really weak and slept all the time.... :boohoo:

Yeah I did at first but then my stomach shrunk really small, and now I get full really really fast. Like my mom makes me eat more food even though I'm full.

Dom
Cookies & Creme

:boohoo: For you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdQmZlFTMzE
sing wrote:My favorite person on the planet is probably my big brother
So he doesn't torture and tease you? :P
sing wrote:Good books and a cappella music are probably my top two things that make me happy.
Last good book you read? Link to an a cappella song you think is awesome?
sing wrote:I cannot stand tight clothes
Ditto. :clap: If I can't sit cross-legged or kick next to my brother's face without worrying I'm gonna pop a stitch, I am not comfortable. :mrgreen:
sing wrote:Today my shirt says treble maker, and it has a treble clef on it.
Noice. I recently got a shirt that has mirrored bass clefs like a heart. :wacky:
sing wrote:Something almost no-one knows about me (my extended family just found out on Wednesday!) Is that I have a very rare disease. My gastroenterologist doesn't even know yet for sure if it is achalasia, or something called EoE. The diseases have very similar symptoms, and only one in every 10,000 people get them. But basically the short version is that my esophagus (the tube your food goes down into your stomach in) was less than 5 percent of the size of a normal esophagus. But yesterday I went to the hospital, abd they stretched it out to 15 mm. It's so weird cuz now I can eat! My food hardly gets stuck anymore. Before, it was too the point that I couldn't even get water down sometimes. Anyway, sorry for the long shpeal, I can't believe I got the guts to actually post this where everyone can see.
That's intense. You talk about it like it is a recent thing... But given what you said about the size of your esophagus, wouldn't this be something you've had your whole life? Has it suddenly gotten worse? Has your food always gotten stuck? I've actually met someone who had that issue, but I'm not sure they ever got it looked into seriously. I'm going to have to find that girl again and tell her to look into those two diseases. :yes: I'm very glad they're figuring your situation out and that you can eat again! Props for having the courage to share here, we're proud of you! :wacky:

Do you feel you breathe easier now, too? Do you keep your room organized and clean, or messy and toxic? :mrgreen: Any recordings of you playing piano? When is the last time you played in front of people other than family? Do you spent a lot of time with your relatives? What did you do for New Year's Eve? Have you ever looked into the Chinese Zodiac? Is there someone who can always make you smile? What is your favorite food?

Dom
sing
Raspberry Ripple

Dom wrote:
sing wrote:My favorite person on the planet is probably my big brother
So he doesn't torture and tease you? :P
Dom
Well, he's 5 years older than me and married and lives 10 minutes away, so when he teases and tortures me, I'm just too glad to be seeing him to even care!
Dom wrote:
sing wrote:Good books and a cappella music are probably my top two things that make me happy.
Last good book you read? Link to an a cappella song you think is awesome?
Dom
Last good book I read was AD 30 by Ted Dekker- well, I haven't actually finished it yet, but I'm gonna say it counts anyway. :-) I am currently obsessed with this a cappella song by Pentatonix :
plus also this song has got me through a lot:
Dom wrote:
sing wrote:I cannot stand tight clothes
Ditto. :clap: If I can't sit cross-legged or kick next to my brother's face without worrying I'm gonna pop a stitch, I am not comfortable. :mrgreen:
Dom
Exactly!!
Dom wrote:
sing wrote:Today my shirt says treble maker, and it has a treble clef on it.
Noice. I recently got a shirt that has mirrored bass clefs like a heart. :wacky:
Dom
oh I love those kinds of shirts!!
Dom wrote:
sing wrote:Something almost no-one knows about me (my extended family just found out on Wednesday!) Is that I have a very rare disease. My gastroenterologist doesn't even know yet for sure if it is achalasia, or something called EoE. The diseases have very similar symptoms, and only one in every 10,000 people get them. But basically the short version is that my esophagus (the tube your food goes down into your stomach in) was less than 5 percent of the size of a normal esophagus. But yesterday I went to the hospital, abd they stretched it out to 15 mm. It's so weird cuz now I can eat! My food hardly gets stuck anymore. Before, it was too the point that I couldn't even get water down sometimes. Anyway, sorry for the long shpeal, I can't believe I got the guts to actually post this where everyone can see.
That's intense. You talk about it like it is a recent thing... But given what you said about the size of your esophagus, wouldn't this be something you've had your whole life? Has it suddenly gotten worse? Has your food always gotten stuck? I've actually met someone who had that issue, but I'm not sure they ever got it looked into seriously. I'm going to have to find that girl again and tell her to look into those two diseases. :yes: I'm very glad they're figuring your situation out and that you can eat again! Props for having the courage to share here, we're proud of you! :wacky:
Dom
No, it's not something I've had all my life. I have had it for about a year and a half. Food would get stuck maybe one time a month, but then all the sudden late July early August it got REALLY bad, and since then it's just been getting worse. Achalasia, most people don't get till they are thirty (my dad got it at 45), but they are starting to see a peak in teenagers. EoE, I actually don't know that much about, just found out on Friday that it was even a possibility, so all I know is from googling it.
I really hope that girl you know gets her swallowing problem figured out! And thanks for your kind words. :-)

Dom[/quote]
Dom wrote:
Do you feel you breathe easier now, too? Do you keep your room organized and clean, or messy and toxic? :mrgreen: Any recordings of you playing piano? When is the last time you played in front of people other than family? Do you spent a lot of time with your relatives? What did you do for New Year's Eve? Have you ever looked into the Chinese Zodiac? Is there someone who can always make you smile? What is your favorite food?

Dom
No, my breathing has not been affected by my disease or my procedure. I keep my room organized and clean. :-)
Nope. I've never recorded myself on the piano
Last February I played piano for our youth group's Valentine dinner.
Yes I spend a ton of time with my relatives. Every Sunday night all my aunt's and uncles and cousins gather at my grandpa's house and we play games and eat snacks. It's great!
I was flat on my back sick on new year's eve
Nope.
My best friend can always make me smile.
My favorite food is probably deviled steak strips. Mmmm

Dom
Cookies & Creme

sing wrote:Achalasia, most people don't get till they are thirty (my dad got it at 45)
Hm'kay, do they not check for that based on your family history? Why did they only just discover it?
sing wrote:I really hope that girl you know gets her swallowing problem figured out! And thanks for your kind words. :-)
Thanks, I'll see if I can track her down. And no problem. :wacky:
sing wrote:Yes I spend a ton of time with my relatives. Every Sunday night all my aunt's and uncles and cousins gather at my grandpa's house and we play games and eat snacks. It's great!
That's really awesome. Cherish it.
sing wrote:My favorite food is probably deviled steak strips. Mmmm
Never heard of that, is it spicy, I presume?

Do you like spicy food? Have you ever been to one of those restaurants where you sit on a mat on the floor? What kind of shoes do you like to wear? Do you like getting all dressed up or no? Have you ever been to New York? Where would you most love to visit, in the US or overseas? Were you on any medication, prior to this esophagus STUFF? :wacky: What is most comforting, when you're sick? Is there someone you wish you didn't have to deal with in life, but circumstances keep them around? If you could change one thing about the world, for just one week, and then it would revert...what would it be? Do you prefer pens or pencils? Do you like experimenting in the kitchen? Who would you be, if you could transform into another person for the rest of your life?

Dom
sing
Raspberry Ripple

Dom wrote:
sing wrote:Achalasia, most people don't get till they are thirty (my dad got it at 45)
Hm'kay, do they not check for that based on your family history? Why did they only just discover it?

it's not something you can check for. The only way they can tell for sure is with biopsies in your esophagus while you are under anesthesia. So since my family is quite poor no one was checked. And achalasia is really rare it usually skips a couple generations.
sing wrote:I really hope that girl you know gets her swallowing problem figured out! And thanks for your kind words. :-)
Thanks, I'll see if I can track her down. And no problem. :wacky:
sing wrote:Yes I spend a ton of time with my relatives. Every Sunday night all my aunt's and uncles and cousins gather at my grandpa's house and we play games and eat snacks. It's great!
That's really awesome. Cherish it.

oh believe me I do! It's the highlight of my week. It's so great when your cousins are your best friend
sing wrote:My favorite food is probably deviled steak strips. Mmmm
Never heard of that, is it spicy, I presume?
no, it's not spicy. It's steak that had been cooked in this delicious sauce then you serve it over rice

Do you like spicy food?
nope, can't stand the stuff

Have you ever been to one of those restaurants where you sit on a mat on the floor?
no, but it sounds really fun

What kind of shoes do you like to wear?
pretty much the only shoes I wear even in the winter are flip flops. If I need shoes, then I usually wear boots

Do you like getting all dressed up or no?
it depends on my mood. Sometimes I do, but I'm always up for a t-shirt and pajama pants. :-)

Have you ever been to New York?
no, I haven't, I don't really like the city.

Where would you most love to visit, in the US or overseas?
I have always wanted to see the Eiffel tower, I have also wanted to go to Ireland

Were you on any medication, prior to this esophagus STUFF? :wacky:
no, only after it made me sick, then my family doctor had me try some medication for a month; it did nothing so now I'm on no medication whatsoever

What is most comforting, when you're sick?
probably when somebody just sits there and takes the time to watch a movie with me

Is there someone you wish you didn't have to deal with in life, but circumstances keep them around?
yeah. It's teaching me to keep my temper in check when she's around. :wacky:

If you could change one thing about the world, for just one week, and then it would revert...what would it be?
I would make everyone have rainbow colored underwear

Do you prefer pens or pencils?
pencils

Do you like experimenting in the kitchen?
you betcha

Who would you be, if you could transform into another person for the rest of your life?
Lucy from the chronicles of Narnia. :-P

Dom

Dom
Cookies & Creme

sing wrote:oh believe me I do! It's the highlight of my week. It's so great when your cousins are your best friend
That's awesome. :wacky:
sing wrote:It's steak that had been cooked in this delicious sauce then you serve it over rice
That sounds delicious. I love rice.
sing wrote:pretty much the only shoes I wear even in the winter are flip flops.
How cold does it get where you live? O.o
sing wrote:I'm always up for a t-shirt and pajama pants.
:clap: I love being comfortable, too.
sing wrote:I don't really like the city.
Why not?
sing wrote:I have also wanted to go to Ireland
Ditto! :yes:

What is your ancestral background? Do you know anything about your family tree? Is there a relative you wish you could spend more time with? Do you have any nicknames, in person? Would you ever wear Spanx or a corset? Since your feet are EXPOSED to the elements all the time, how do you keep them soft? :twisted: Do you live in a neighborhood? Describe your dream house. Have you ever worn a bracelet made of paperclips? :mrgreen: What is the saddest thing you have experienced in life, so far?

Dom
sing
Raspberry Ripple

Dom wrote:
sing wrote:pretty much the only shoes I wear even in the winter are flip flops.
How cold does it get where you live? O.o
in the winter, the temperature is usually somewhere around 40°-60°

What is your ancestral background?
I'm part Swiss part French part German I think
Do you know anything about your family tree?
I know I'm related to German Goiring (i can not for the life of me remember how to spell his last name... ) you know he was Hitler's right hand dude. I'm definitely not proud of that fact tho
Is there a relative you wish you could spend more time with?
both of my brothers
Do you have any nicknames, in person?
nope
Would you ever wear Spanx or a corset?
yeah I would just to say I did
Since your feet are EXPOSED to the elements all the time, how do you keep them soft? :twisted:
I dunno. I hate lotion
Do you live in a neighborhood?
ummm yes? We live on 5 acres of or own property so or neighbors aren't close by
Describe your dream house.
a big old farm house on 5-10 acres with a white picket fence
Have you ever worn a bracelet made of paperclips? :mrgreen:
no
What is the saddest thing you have experienced in life, so far?
either my dad getting diagnosed with multiple sclerosis or my brother eloping but inviting his wife's family to the wedding just not us
Dom

Dom
Cookies & Creme

sing wrote:in the winter, the temperature is usually somewhere around 40°-60°
Ah, that explains the flip-flops. It was -7 here recently. :mrgreen:
sing wrote:I know I'm related to German Goiring (i can not for the life of me remember how to spell his last name... ) you know he was Hitler's right hand dude. I'm definitely not proud of that fact tho
Yeah I have German so I probably am related to someone like that, too. :lol:
sing wrote:I hate lotion
ME, TOO!!! It was almost to phobia-levels of hate for a few years, but I finally forced myself to get over it when I had a job where my hands would crack and bleed if I didn't use something. :mad:
Dom wrote:
sing wrote:Do you live in a neighborhood?
ummm yes? We live on 5 acres of or own property so or neighbors aren't close by
You say that like everyone lives in neighborhoods. :lol: Five acres doesn't sound very neighborhoody to me, though. Not exactly a ranch, but still. Privacy. :wacky:
sing wrote:my brother eloping but inviting his wife's family to the wedding just not us
That was kind. =| What is his issue with your family?

What kinds of animals do you have? What is the last wedding you went to? Do you feel you are close to any of your siblings? How is all the esophagus stuff going? Has it affected your voice at all? Have you ever screamed so loud at a concert that you were hoarse or didn't have a voice the next day? Do old men ever hit on you? O.o What would you be more afraid of, a semi-truck-sized grasshopper, or a plane-sized moth? :twisted: Do you have any magazine subscriptions? Do you ever read celebrity gossip? Do you think celebrity gossip is pathetic? :mrgreen: What do you collect? Who is the last person you talked to in person, outside your family? Do you feel you will do something important with your life?

Dom
sing
Raspberry Ripple

Dom wrote:
sing wrote:my brother eloping but inviting his wife's family to the wedding just not us
That was kind. =| What is his issue with your family?
we're not exactly sure. I think he felt my parents had favorites

What kinds of animals do you have?
1 cat
What is the last wedding you went to?
my other brother Ben's
Do you feel you are close to any of your siblings?
I felt I was close to Ben until he got married. I'll be honest, it's been really hard to learn to share him with his wife. :-p
How is all the esophagus stuff going?
we got the results to my biopsies on Thursday. I tested positive for Eosonophilic esophagitis. So now I'm on an inhaler that I swallow instead of breath. The really annoying thing it's that it gives me insomnia. Pretty soon I'll go to an allergist to find out what foods I'm allergic to
Has it affected your voice at all?
no not really
Have you ever screamed so loud at a concert that you were hoarse or didn't have a voice the next day?
I wasn't quite hoarse, but close. XD
Do old men ever hit on you? O.o
yesss, it's soooo annoying!!
What would you be more afraid of, a semi-truck-sized grasshopper, or a plane-sized moth? :twisted:
a plane sized moth
Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
nope
Do you ever read celebrity gossip?
nope not really
Do you think celebrity gossip is pathetic? :mrgreen:
most of the time, yes
What do you collect?
pretty much nothing, I hate clutter. Perhaps yarn, but I use that
Who is the last person you talked to in person, outside your family?
my boss at work
Do you feel you will do something important with your life?
I like to imagine so yes, but I feel so tiny and useless, so who knows. I would like to make people more aware of esophageal diseases
Dom

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What do you do for work besides harvesting?

sing
Raspberry Ripple

Miss Friendship wrote:What do you do for work
besides harvesting?

I work one day a week at a little quilt shop my mom's cousin owns. It is soooo much fun. And last year I nannied 1-3 days a week, but this year I have not been doing much of that

Helios
Butter Pecan

You get hit on by older men? O.o *grabs her bo staff* I will not stand for this! :evil:
sing
Raspberry Ripple

Helios wrote:You get hit on by older men? O.o *grabs her bo staff* I will not stand for this! :evil:

Yes! You tell them Helios!!