AskTheHooligan

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Are you easily offended?

Who is your favorite woman from history?

Who is your favorite classical author?

Would you rather listen to classical music or rock music?
xo eht haiasi-
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

I wound't say I'm easily offended. I am very emotional and I confuse easily, so I am easily hurt. But I am very quick to forgive and apologize so it is not quite the same as being easily offended. At least I don't think it is. I also get worried about other people's feelings very easily.

Hmmmmm Mary Shelly. I haven't actually read Frankenstein, but I am always impressed with female writers in the olden days because it was hard to be respected. I also really like her quotation “I am not a person of opinions because I feel the counter arguments too strongly.”

What do you mean by classical? If you mean the classical period than I guess Homer because he is the only one I know and The Odyssey was interesting, but I didn't like the Illiad. If you mean anything old than I have to admit I'm more into 20th century literature. I do like Shakespeare though, not so much his plays, although they are interesting, but I like his sonnets. Sonnet 130 is wonderful! He talks about how his mistress or lover is nothing like the stereotypes of beauty but that he thinks she is is just as rare as any of the other women called beautiful. It always strikes me as funny, plus it is very honest and true. I love it because you don't have to be the stereotypical image of beauty to be special to someone.

Hmmmmm that is a tough choice as neither are my jam, but maybe classical.

Grand questions OxR! Thank you!
Helios
Butter Pecan

I think you could be described as very empathetic, RagTag. And verrrry considerate. :D

What types of movies do you enjoy watching? (if you like watching movies, that is) ;)
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Have you ever gotten a pedicure?

Short or long nails?
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

I keep my nails short. I have never gotten a pedicure. I'm not very girly. I am not a huge movie buff, but some of my favourites are Mary Poppins, It's A Wonderful Life, and Wall-E. And thank you Helios that was very kind.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Have you watched Pollyanna? Or the old, Haley Mills Parent Trap? :D
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

I saw Polyanna when I was very young, I don't remember it. I'm pretty sure I have seen both Parent Traps and loved them both. I don't think I would like Polyanna now though, because I hate optimism...
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Why don't you like optimism?

Did you know the Bible says "In everything give thanks" and "Rejoice always?"

I have seen the newest Parent Trap. Such a cool story.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

I don't like optimism because I think it puts to much pressure on people to be happy all the time and on their own strength and it guilt trips people with depression.

I am all for gratitude but I hate it when there is no freedom to be sad. Bad stuff happens I should be allowed to be sad. After all the Bible also says "Mourn with those who mourn" and "Jesus wept."

I haven't seen them since I was little, but it is an interesting storyline. I liked the part set at camp.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Have you ever watched Mr. Smith Goes to Washington?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

No I have not
Caitie
Chocolate Chip

What type of music do you like listening to, and what artists?

And, this is a random question, but how tall are you? :anxious: Do you know your exact height?
Wakko
Pistachio

I'm probably too much of an optimist. :anxious: I don't feel like I pressure other people to be happy, or make other people feel bad about being a pessimist.
Which did you like better public school or homeschool? Did you enjoy both?
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

Folkish music. Mumford and Sons is my favourite band. Maybe 5' 7" something like that. I think I preferred public because I'm super social, but I liked the pace of home school better. Clarification I'm an introvert who loves people in smaller doses and I was able to find that in public school and learn through conversation. Which is my fav way to learn.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

What makes you anxious about Easter? I want to hear whatever you have to say about Easter (your views, Easter memories, etc)..because I'm too lazy to come up with another question. ^_^

xD JK, You can say whatever you want.
xo eht haiasi-
Helios
Butter Pecan

Where do your avi and sig come from? Are they book illustrations? :)
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

Yes Helios they are book illustrations from the magnificent, but slightly scary, children's picture book "Where the Wild Things Are." I love this story because I feel it speaks to how we are all wild things, or hooligans, because of sin, and yet God loves and forgives us and we always have a home to return to in Christ.

OxR you wish me to say whatever I want? Ok: Elephant. That is one of my favourite words.

Seriously though: Easter. *Takes a big sigh* As a young teen (maybe 14) I (the one who barely watched Disney movies growing up because they were too violent for my overly empathetic and sensitive self) was exposed to a short film clip and sermon-ish thing at youth group one Easter which explained Christ's death in very gory detail. Then it culminated in saying something like "Christ died on a cross for you and what have you done for Him but sin?!" As someone who is very prone to guilt, self hatred, anxiety, and depression this was detrimental to my spiritual health whether you can understand it or not. You may disagree with me, but I believe that "We Love because He first Loved us." (from somewhere in 1 John I forget where sorry). Not because we are guilt tripped or scared into it. Love does not scream "Look what I did for you, you ungrateful wretch!" It whispers "I'd do even more. You have no idea how much I love you." Think about my friendship experiences. One of my friends doesn't understand my anxiety and is always mad when I tell her I can't do something. My other friend came all the way to my city, after already coming across the country to my province, because I told her my anxiety wouldn't allow for a trip to Toronto right now and when I thanked her she said "no problem, I did it because I wanted to see you" that's love, free of guilt, because "Perfect love casts out fear" "there is no fear in love." So we don't have to worry that we will be punished for not receiving the gift right we don't get yelled at for not being grateful or doing enough, rather we become grateful when we see how beautiful and deep true love is. Sorry if I got too deep ranty.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

What is your least favorite song from Mary Poppins? (it doesn't mean the song is bad, it can just be the one you wouldn't say is the best of the songs ^_^)

What is your favorite joke from MP? (I was listening to the soundtrack, and I heard the one line: "I do what I likes.....*long pause*....and I likes what I do" it was hilarious. :lol:)

Do you like MP because of the story and songs...or just because Julie Andrews is in it? \:D/

Do you imagine yourself like Mary Poppins...enjoying large words, some that you make up, like being with kids, and good at making people think?

Have you read the MP books?
xo eht haiasi-
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

Uh, O.o you can't just read me baring my heart about Easter and move on to light hearted MP questions without even responding to my answer! :mad: You will get MP answers when you give a response to my Easter answer.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Way to go Ragtag! YOU TOLD HIM.

I have a question to clarify. So you don't like to celebrate Easter because of the bad memories it brings up? Couldn't you just make it remind you of the love Christ gave?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker