Ask Arnold

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

How do you like Mr. Pounding Foolish?
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Why, he's my worst enemy, of course. I built a time machine just to go into the future and dance on his grave. :D

Just kidding, just kidding. PF is probably one of the most, if not the most fascinating person on this board. He, like all of us, is occasionally wrong, particularly about tween girl detectives with annoying voices, but he has enough redeeming qualities for me to overlook his flaws. ;)
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:I never saw that one, though I heard it was good too, and his personal favorite. I basically saw all his "major" movies (minus Psycho), plus some minor ones like "Dial M For Murder", "The Man Who Knew Too Much", and "The Trouble With Harry" (the only one I saw that I didn't really like).
You should watch Eyes in the Night and The Wrong Man.

What is your perfect day? Any age, occupation, location, endless money.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Were you born a rubber ducky, or did you morph into one as you grew up
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Every day is the ideal perfect day, and the ideal imperfect day, all at the same time. Very profound, I know.

Neither. I woke up one day and discovered I had turned into a Rubber Ducky in the night. I had tried mushrooms for the very first time the night before, and I now believe that must have contributed to it somehow. I've had a strange craving for mushrooms every meal of my life since then, a craving I believe I share with most other Rubber Duckies. Always capitalize Rubber Ducky, by the way. We Rubber Duckies are very firm about that. We hate to see our race degraded to common noun status. :evil:
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

You should watch White Collar it's cool! Whats your fav book? If you read?
Proud K.R.E Member
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

If I read? :| I feel very insulted. ;) I don't really do favorites lists, except sometimes for movies. I like different books for different reasons, and many times, two books I like are so different they can't even be realistically compared in quality. 5 books that I can think of off the top of my head that had a profound effect on me are: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Sirens of Titan, 1984, Harry Potter (the whole series, but probably mostly kinda sorta the 7th one), and Mere Christianity.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Are you a fan of theological books?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

What is your favorite song?
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Yes, I am Blitz, even if I've only read a couple. I had to read a couple apologetics books defending Christianity from attacks by Evolutionists and other people for school last year. To be honest, it was a bit juvenile, and I would find myself unintentionally coming up with counter arguments an atheist could conceivably use as I went along, but it was kind of written for kids anyway. Then, I read C.S. Lewis's Mere Christianity, which WASN'T juvenile. In fact, it was very eye opening, and it completely reaffirmed my faith. I hope to read more books like that.

That's a very difficult question for me, trueAIOfan. It seems to change quite frequently. Possibly something by The Beatles or Bob Dylan.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Yay, Mere Christianity is amazing! It's arguably the best book on the subject. If you're interested in more, Peter Kreeft's Between Heaven and Hell is remarkable.

What are some of you favorite children's books?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Alexander Schmemann's For the Life of the World is also quite good.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Yes, I remember you asking me if I had read Mere Christianity on the chatbox one time. The thing that arguably struck me as most fascinating about he book was how he used a real life analogy for almost everyone of his points. I actually think I would recommend it to a non-Christian to read directly before the Bible, since it's more accessible and firmly based in reason (Not that the Bible isn't, but you know what I mean.).

I'll try to read them both, PF and Eleventh.

I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Beverly Clearly, since I read so many of her books when I was a little kid. She was always good at realistically portraying the thoughts and feelings of young children. Dr. Suess is always spectacular, of course, as is Alice In Wonderland. I'm sure I'm missing a ton, but I'm drawing a bit of a blank.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Well put, Mr. Arnold. And you're quite right. It's just a more fun common-sense read. Putting it to a non-Christian is part of what it's meant for, after all.

I've never read the Ramona books, I should sometime. The movie is one of the finest live-action family films I've seen. And as you say, Dr. Seuss and Alice are brilliant, "Of course."
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Blitz
Moose Tracks

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:Yes, I am Blitz, even if I've only read a couple. I had to read a couple apologetics books defending Christianity from attacks by Evolutionists and other people for school last year. To be honest, it was a bit juvenile, and I would find myself unintentionally coming up with counter arguments an atheist could conceivably use as I went along, but it was kind of written for kids anyway. Then, I read C.S. Lewis's Mere Christianity, which WASN'T juvenile. In fact, it was very eye opening, and it completely reaffirmed my faith. I hope to read more books like that..
Oh yeah, I like to do that. Actually I do that with any theological book I read. Challenges my mind.
Do you like math?
Debate Vampire

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Actually, yes. The only subject I don't really love is science. Math is probably my second favorite, next to writing. I'm doing Algebra 1 in Saxon this year.
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

How do you like Saxon Math?

What curriculum do you do for writing?
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Ack I dislike writing, English, and spelling. *Shudders*
Debate Vampire

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

No curriculum, I just write on my own. I used to do Classical Conversations, but then we moved and they don't really have it where we live.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

truAIOfan wrote:How do you like Saxon Math?
Agreed..I did Saxon for 2 years, and it quickly became my least favorite subject....

Only after switching away was math my favorite subject.

How many times did you sneeze today?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~