Studio 36, With TigerShadow

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Paula wrote:So what's your favorite movie if the chipmunks don't cut it =P
Hmm...I'd say my favorite live-action film is Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and my favorite animated film is a toss-up between Tangled and How to Train Your Dragon.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:The Trandy wedding was perfect! Beautiful.
Thanks! =D I hope it was as much fun to read as it was to write.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What would you get with $10?
Extreme Moose Tracks ice cream and a couple of drawing pencils.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What do you wish people knew about you?
That my faith is very important to me and impacts the way I live my life, but also that it is an approachable subject with me.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What do you wish others understood better? (about you or the world in general)
That there is more to the world than the cushy suburban privileges many of my peers have enjoyed, and that when you do encounter the less fortunate, it isn't to teach you some kind of lesson about perspective—it's about meeting their needs.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What do you find most annoying in others?
As petty as it sounds, I don't really like it when people don't understand sarcasm (in real life; not getting sarcasm in typeface is understandable). It's not necessarily their fault, but it is frustrating for someone whose social interaction is defined by snark.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What do you like more about your online friends than your IRL friends?
I can fangirl more about stuff I like. :P
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What is the worst that could happen??
-borrows joke from another thread- How do you spell "meteor"?
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Disney's Hercules: yes or no?
I'd give it a yes. It's not one of my favorites, but it's a pretty fun movie. Megara is the best. \:D/
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What is your overall favorite Allen Menkan movie? (I guess you already said Tangled...)
Yeah, Tangled is great. I also really like Aladdin, and while Beauty and the Beast isn't one of my favorites, it's still got some pretty good music.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
Probably that of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. It just screams "quirky magical castle with an air of mystery".
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

First friend you made on the SS?

Did you join the SS or ToO first? And how did you discover them?

First impression of me? ;)
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Paula
Peach Cobbler

If you had to pick your favorite marvel movie other than The Winter Solider what would it be?
Have you ever watched the X Men?
What are your thoughts on portable USB charging units?
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Why didn't you write your dissertation on memes? #disappointed
xo eht haiasi-
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Miss Friendship wrote:First friend you made on the SS?
Yikes, it's only been a little over a year ago and I can barely remember. :anxious: I'd say probably Eleventh Doctor. It was, after all, only a short while after we met that we became comrades in the never-ending debates with John Henry and I became his Duchess of Logic.
Miss Friendship wrote:Did you join the SS or ToO first? And how did you discover them?
I discovered the ToO through the AIOWiki when I was looking at show reviews for "Mum's the Word" (my personal favorite episode). After a few years of membership there, I became acquainted with the SS, and after lurking around here for awhile, I decided to join.
Miss Friendship wrote:First impression of me? ;)
I thought you were well-meaning and yet self-righteous, and that you placed too much stock in your own interpretation of Scripture with little regard for others' while at the same time having valid reasons for your own beliefs and the ability to articulate them fairly well.
Paula wrote:If you had to pick your favorite marvel movie other than The Winter Solider what would it be?
To be fair, I've only seen two; I only just got into the MCU fairly recently and I don't have ready access to the others. However, I did also really enjoy The Avengers.
Paula wrote:Have you ever watched the X Men?
No, but I have heard the score. It's quite lovely. :)
Paula wrote:What are your thoughts on portable USB charging units?
They're the reason that I wake up in the morning. They are my pride, my joy, my reason for continuing on in my otherwise dreadfully pathetic existence.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Why didn't you write your dissertation on memes? #disappointed
I didn't know that was in demand. ;) Did you want me to?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

TigerShadow wrote:I thought you were well-meaning and yet self-righteous, and that you placed too much stock in your own interpretation of Scripture with little regard for others' while at the same time having valid reasons for your own beliefs and the ability to articulate them fairly well.
Quite accurate. And I was rather self-righteous although I didn't realize it at the time.

What was your reaction when you first heard "Mum's the Word?" Specifically the parts concerning the onion ring and the getting on one knee...to pick up a fork. :lol:

Which Q&A's do you find the most interesting to read?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Well, someone needs to teach MF. :P

How is baptism handled at your church? (For who and what?)

Have you read many books by Biblical language scholars? If so, who? What OT or NT scholars have you heard about?
xo eht haiasi-
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Miss Friendship wrote:What was your reaction when you first heard "Mum's the Word?" Specifically the parts concerning the onion ring and the getting on one knee...to pick up a fork. :lol:
i nearly cried

Actually, I was so excited at the prospect of those two nerds falling in nerd love with their nerd selves, and to this day I still get nostalgic about driving down long and open roads with huge puffy clouds in an enameled blue sky and listening to a couple of idiots beginning their journey to falling in love. :inlove: I was about 10 at the time, and I vaguely remembered "The Present Long Ago" (where we find out that Trent and Mandy get married), which aired a couple of years previously, and immediately rushed to listen to it on CD as soon as we got home from our trip. (I have some nostalgia about TPLA, because I first heard that beautiful plot twist when my mom, my brother, and I went out blueberry picking on a lovely sunny Saturday morning when I was in the second grade.)

I thought the bits with the onion ring and the getting on one knee (he was asking to pick up a spoon, by the way) were really cute and funny, but I think I was more focused on the fact that Trent was mesmerized by her "nice smile" while she was paying for her lunch.
Miss Friendship wrote:Which Q&A's do you find the most interesting to read?
Probably either yours or ED's, mostly because they turn into debates half the time and it amuses me. \:D/
Isaiah the Ox wrote:How is baptism handled at your church? (For who and what?)
Baptism in my church (and I think in most Southern Baptist churches) is for church members who have professed Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, and it is required if you're going to take communion. (In other words, we don't do infant baptism.) We recognize baptisms at other churches, however; you don't have to have been baptized at our church to be a member of it, but you do have to be a member of our church to be baptized in it.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Have you read many books by Biblical language scholars? If so, who? What OT or NT scholars have you heard about?
No, but it would be interesting to do so. I'd especially like to read some scholarly NT commentaries to get a fuller understanding of what God intended for the church. (OT is important, but the NT kind of contains the gospel and instructions for the church under the New Covenant, so...)
Last edited by TigerShadow on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Wow, baptism sounds confusing... One way, you have to be a member first, but you also can be baptized first. 0_o #confusing :P

Yeah, reading from Bible scholars is fun. :D The only NT scholar I can think of right now is N.T. Wright... But....

Do you have Netflix?

Why is your name "Tiger in the Shadows"? Or "TigerShadow"?
xo eht haiasi-
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Wow, baptism sounds confusing... One way, you have to be a member first, but you also can be baptized first. 0_o #confusing :P
Haha, I don't think I explained it very well. Basically, if you've already been baptized as a believer through another church, you don't have to be baptized again at mine if you want to join it, and simply becoming a member doesn't have to involve baptism. But if you want to be baptized at my church, you have to become a member first.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Do you have Netflix?
I do not.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Why is your name "Tiger in the Shadows"? Or "TigerShadow"?
In short: I'm a geek. :P When I was eleven, I joined a fanfiction site during a phase when I really loved cats, and I was especially into the Warriors series (basically, feral cats who love in groups who regularly fight and kill things). I wanted a really "cool" sounding name (for a given value of "cool", obviously), and I chose TigerintheShadows, which was the name under which I joined the ToO about a year later. (I changed it to Ginny Weasley for awhile there, then changed it back to maintain brand recognition. ;) )

I grew to dislike the name's length, however, and after I rejoined FanFiction.Net after a three-year absence and a name change, someone had taken TigerintheShadows, so I shortened it to TigerShadow, which was the name under which I joined AIOWiki and the SS for consistency's sake. I could change it (perhaps simply to "Tiger", or to some variation of "burr-ell", which is my tumblr username), but...I'm lazy.
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

If someone were standing over you with a sword, telling you to deny Jesus or else you'd be chopped into a million pieces, what would you do?

What do you usually do to vent/calm your anger?

What is your career goal?

Favorite SS forum?

Funnest thing you've done this summer?

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Mandy wrote:If someone were standing over you with a sword, telling you to deny Jesus or else you'd be chopped into a million pieces, what would you do?
Well, this thread went from 0 to 60 in a hurry. :anxious:

Anyway, presuming that I have no method of escape, I would hope that I would be brave enough to take death, and my heart breaks for my brothers and sisters for whom that is a very real possibility.
Mandy wrote:What do you usually do to vent/calm your anger?
Rant until I can't rant anymore, then go on a walk or do some other physical activity while listening to loud and intense music.
Mandy wrote:What is your career goal?
To be a concept artist/storyboarder/background painter in the animation or video game industry. I'm also partial to the idea of drawing comic books.
Mandy wrote:Favorite SS forum?
Umm...probably Character Discussion, when there's something going on there that I can really get involved with.
Mandy wrote:Funnest thing you've done this summer?
...Yeah, I didn't really do much of anything this summer, to be honest. :anxious:
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

TigerShadow wrote:mostly because they turn into debates half the time and it amuses me
Ha. They amuse me too...after they are finished and I can breathe again.

If you had to name your children solely after characters in AIO, what would you name them?

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Miss Friendship wrote: If you had to name your children solely after characters in AIO, what would you name them?
I know this question isn't for me, but I just realized that my top two names are both in AIO. :O

Do you have a roommate at college? Or do you commute?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Is Trandy your favorite ship in AIO?

Have you listened to Album 59 yet?

If you could bring back a character to the show who wasn't very well know, only been in a few episodes or so, who would it be?

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Miss Friendship wrote:If you had to name your children solely after characters in AIO, what would you name them?
Hmm...maybe Olivia, Amanda, or Camilla for a girl and Stephen, Jason, or Jack for a boy.

Belle wrote:Do you have a roommate at college? Or do you commute?
I have three roommates; we live in the Honors housing on-campus.
Mandy wrote:Is Trandy your favorite ship in AIO?
Girl, you best believe :inlove:
Mandy wrote:Have you listened to Album 59 yet?
Sadly, no; I have to wait for them to air because I don't have the OAC and I didn't want to download digitally.
Mandy wrote:If you could bring back a character to the show who wasn't very well known, only been in a few episodes or so, who would it be?
I don't think she counts as "unknown", but I'd bring back Kelly. I loved her story, and I wish they'd done more with her. (I mean, I can imagine her being close friends with Buck and maybe even helping to mentor him in some ways, but still... :( )
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Why don't you ask other people questions?
xo eht haiasi-
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Why are you a Christian? Why aren't you a Muslim, Mormon, JW or atheist or anything else?

Do you believe there are many ways to God? Why or why not?

If some random person on the street who knew nothing about Christianity, asked you what it is all about in a nutshell, what would you say?

Tarol
Peach Cobbler

...would you say you knew a lot of Disney songs?
xo eht haiasi-
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Why don't you ask other people questions?
Because I'm really bad at thinking of creative questions. Seriously, I'm useless when it comes to assignments or games that tell you to "think of a question about X" - either I think too off-the-wall or too bland. I enjoy learning about other people, but I'm just awful at actually making up questions. (I do feel pretty bad that I don't actually ask other people questions, I'm sorry! It's not you; it's me.)
Miss Friendship wrote:Why are you a Christian? Why aren't you a Muslim, Mormon, JW or atheist or anything else?
Because I was blessed to be raised in a Christian home where I amassed enough knowledge of God to know that I was encountering Him when I did. After that, it just made sense to me; it aligned the most with what I knew intellectually, my personal experiences, and my general philosophical and moral tendencies.
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you believe there are many ways to God? Why or why not?
Emphatically no. Jesus tells us in John 14:6 that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and that no one goes to the Father except through Him. Seems pretty explicit to me.
Miss Friendship wrote:If some random person on the street who knew nothing about Christianity, asked you what it is all about in a nutshell, what would you say?
I would say that it is about a relationship with a loving Father who cares about you and growth to become more like Him, and about both sharing the Gospel and the love of Christ and showing them through your actions that He is the Savior, Lord, and treasure of your life.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:...would you say you knew a lot of Disney songs?
Honestly? I would not. I'd say I'm familiar with a lot of them, but not that I know them. I could hear some bars of "Part of Your World" and be able to tell you that it's from The Little Mermaid, for example, but I couldn't sing it from memory.