Studio 36, With TigerShadow

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Rosy wrote:Least/favorite thing to draw?
Nice username change, underseasie - or Rosy, I guess. ;)

I'd say my favorite thing to draw is faces - different people's faces, facial expressions, that sort of thing. It's fun to try to create exact expressions that communicate different meanings and reactions, and to see the different ways to differentiate between individuals.

My least favorite thing has got to be backgrounds. =P It's so tedious to try to show the different textures accurately, not to mention the lighting and coming up with a design in the first place.
Rosy wrote:Favorite fruit?
Peaches! I love the taste - they remind me of summer. =)
Rosy wrote:If you could visit any foreign country, which would you choose?
Hmm...that's a hard one. I'd say probably the U.K., so I could explore some historical sites and see the English countrysides - maybe even go through the Scottish highlands.
Miss Friendship wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:(I'm both double posting and bumping because there are about eight billion Q&A threads going and I wanted to join in rather than lurk around like a dweeb. :anxious: )
:lol: I wonder why the Gallery has taken such a hit anyway. O.o Why do you think it has?
If I had to guess, I'd say it's that some people have suddenly taken an interest in asking other users questions. I mean, it's usually the same (rather curious, I've noticed!) users who ask the questions, and they're often the same questions posted in multiple threads at a time.
Miss Friendship wrote:If you could change one major thing in the world, that would be?
Ooh...that's difficult. But right offhand, I'd say an end to human trafficking, and preferably the human flaw of viewing other people as objects in general.
Miss Friendship wrote:Favorite color?
Light pink, particularly when combined with creamy yellows or pale greens.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

TigerShadow wrote:(I'm both double posting and bumping because there are about eight billion Q&A threads going and I wanted to join in rather than lurk around like a dweeb. :anxious: )
Sorry about that...I've been trying to bump old Q&A threads by people who are still active...but the thread name sounded like an "art" thread, so I didn't check to see if I should "bump" it. :P
TigerShadow wrote:If I had to guess, I'd say it's that some people have suddenly taken an interest in asking other users questions. I mean, it's usually the same (rather curious, I've noticed!) users who ask the questions, and they're often the same questions posted in multiple threads at a time.
Yes, Miss Friendship just copies-and-pastes her questions. :P *hides*

What is your favorite musical?

What theological topic are you most and least comfortable discussing/debating?

Do you play an instrument? If so, what?
xo eht haiasi-
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Sorry about that...I've been trying to bump old Q&A threads by people who are still active...but the thread name sounded like an "art" thread, so I didn't check to see if I should "bump" it. :P
Given the thread title, that's totally legitimate. :) For future reference (not like I'm indulging in self-promotion or anything, because I would never do that), my art thread is "Tiger's Sketchamascribbles".
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What is your favorite musical?
I'm going to go with the most vague interpretation of this question - any musical, ever, rather than just the Broadway ones because I'm not really familiar with Broadway - and say that I'm really fond of The Lion King. The score is great, and the songs are a lot of fun. Plus, it's a great way to learn about Shakespeare early. \:D/
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What theological topic are you most and least comfortable discussing/debating?
Most comfortable...probably topics like "creationism vs. evolutionism" or which view of eschatology is correct, because my stance is "who cares as long as your view isn't heretical?" :P Actually, I'd say I'm most comfortable discussing social equality and the church, because I like to talk about those issues in general and I think that sort of discussion is healthy among believers.

I'm least comfortable on matters of Protestantism vs. Catholicism/Orthodoxy, mostly because I think I'm way over my head as far as that is concerned - I don't know enough about church history to get into a discussion about that sort of thing. For the most part, I like to just shrug, reaffirm that I'm not budging on the matter of the Four Solas and the Apocrypha, and move on.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Do you play an instrument? If so, what?
I used to take piano, guitar, and voice lessons. I still play piano by ear and I could probably figure out a simple song on guitar, but I rarely sing outside of church anymore because of health issues related to it.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be?

What do you want your tombstone to say? Haha
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Five possessions...my Bible, my sketchbook, my pencil case (with its 48 pencils), my kneaded eraser, and my set of four inking pens.

My tombstone should probably say something like "Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who had to suffer through so many years with this miserable old bat." \:D/
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I agree with you on debates like Creation and eschatology. :P

Speaking of, what is your view of Creation, Genesis, and Evolution? And, what would you call a heresy on these topics?

What is one of the funniest/worst straw men you have ever seen? (if you have debated enough to see a few ;))

What is your favorite snack food?
xo eht haiasi-
Batgirl
Cookies & Creme

Why do you like Fullmetal Alchemist?

Do you like any other animes?
"Sometimes the best book has the dustiest jacket, and sometimes the best tea cup is chipped."
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Speaking of, what is your view of Creation, Genesis, and Evolution? And, what would you call a heresy on these topics?
I believe that God created the world in six increments of time, in the order enumerated in Genesis 1, and that following that, He rested. I believe that He created humans in His own image, male and female, and that the world He initially created was perfect before sin entered it. Genesis could be a literal account of history, or it could have been more poetic. God could have chosen to create the world in six 24-hour days or He could have used the methods traditionally posited by evolutionary theory. We weren't there, so we really don't know.

What I would consider a heresy would be any claim denying God's involvement in creation, or a suggestion that Jesus and the Holy Spirit were not involved. Beyond that, I don't really know other ideas that have been posed on those topics that I would consider heretical.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What is one of the funniest/worst straw men you have ever seen? (if you have debated enough to see a few ;))
I'd say the worst was when I was accused of not caring about the church's wrongdoings.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What is your favorite snack food?
You want me to pick just one? :mad:

When I think about it, Jolly Ranchers sour gummy candy is my absolute favorite. I'm salivating just thinking about it. :inlove:
Batgirl wrote:Why do you like Fullmetal Alchemist?
I guess you're asking that because of my tumblr icon? I'm not really that into it; I've only seen a few episodes. But my best friend wanted matching icons, so she tagged me in several posts. My favorite was the one with Roy Mustang and Edward Elric because I actually recognized the characters, so I chose the Roy Mustang because from what little I've seen, he fits my personality.

I am thinking about getting into it, though. It looks like a really good story with interesting characters, and the animation is really dynamic. And Edward is a complete dweeb. ;)
Batgirl wrote:Do you like any other animes?
No; I'm not much of an anime person. I think the closest I've gotten to anime is Avatar: the Last Airbender and its sequel series The Legend of Korra, which aren't actually anime since they originate in America and aren't animated in Japan.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

If you could be a famous writer [ from history ] who would you be?
What would the name of your life book be?
Proud K.R.E Member
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

TigerShadow wrote:I believe that God created the world in six increments of time, in the order enumerated in Genesis 1, and that following that, He rested. I believe that He created humans in His own image, male and female, and that the world He initially created was perfect before sin entered it. Genesis could be a literal account of history, or it could have been more poetic. God could have chosen to create the world in six 24-hour days or He could have used the methods traditionally posited by evolutionary theory. We weren't there, so we really don't know.
You are awesome! This is basically how I feel about it....but you worded it so much better! Do you lean one way or the other? Do you have a feeling we live in a young universe, or old?

What's your favorite dairy product?

What's your favorite animal?

What is the smartest animal you have ever seen/owned? (and a story with it, if you have one) ;)
xo eht haiasi-
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

If you were isolated on a desert island with no means of communication except a choice between the Soda Shop and Email which would you choose?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Isaiah the Ox wrote:You are awesome! This is basically how I feel about it....but you worded it so much better! Do you lean one way or the other? Do you have a feeling we live in a young universe, or old?
Eh, I'm pretty neutral; I've heard convincing arguments on both sides. Honestly, as far as age of the earth is concerned, I hear too many people either declaring heresy because someone suggests that the universe is older than about 6-8,000 years, or condescendingly sneering at someone who suggests that the universe is younger than 13.8 billion. I've gotten to the point where I don't really want to listen, you know?
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What's your favorite dairy product?
What else but ice cream? \:D/ (2% milk is a close second.)
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What's your favorite animal?
Any kind of cat—house cat, tiger, lion, leopard, cheetah, lynx, sand cat, whatever. They're adorable and majestic at the same time. =D (I'm also fond of foxes.)
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What is the smartest animal you have ever seen/owned? (and a story with it, if you have one) ;)
Hmm...my own cat, Muffin, is pretty smart (although I suppose I'm obligated to say that ;) ). He has this odd sense of when anyone is sitting down so he can jump into their lap, and he knows how to push his way through doors to supervise people when they're taking baths. He's enormous, but he's nimble enough to maneuver on a banister railing about an inch wide. (One questions how smart he is, though; he thinks he'll be fed whenever anyone goes downstairs, although he does try to manipulate us by meowing piteously.)
Miss Friendship wrote:If you were isolated on a desert island with no means of communication except a choice between the Soda Shop and Email which would you choose?
Well, I did see that you were referring to this only as a means of communication and not to alert someone, so under the assumption that someone knows where I am, I'd probably prefer to browse the Soda Shop while I wait for my rescue; I rarely use e-mail as a means of communication.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

TigerShadow wrote:I've gotten to the point where I don't really want to listen, you know?
:P saaaaaaaaaaaame....
TigerShadow wrote:He knows how to push his way through doors to supervise people when they're taking baths.
xD Hahaha! :lol:

Do you wear sunglasses?

What is your favorite type of sickness? (I know, that's phrased weird :P)

Who is your favorite instrumental musician? (meaning, they don't usually have lyrics to their songs)
xo eht haiasi-
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

How would you react if all your friends from the SS showed up at your house some random unexpected day? #1 Call the police #2 Single out Belle and ask to be removed from the SS #3 Freak out #4 Throw a party #5 Ignore them

Yes, you have to choose one of the 5 options. :twisted:
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Isaiah the Ox wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:I've gotten to the point where I don't really want to listen, you know?
:P saaaaaaaaaaaame....
-high fives Ox- You get me.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Do you wear sunglasses?
Only the ones with the American flag-themed frames. #MURICA 8)
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What is your favorite type of sickness? (I know, that's phrased weird :P)
I'm not sure I have one. ;) Perhaps the flu? I don't get a stuffy nose, and I get to stay at home in bed.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Who is your favorite instrumental musician? (meaning, they don't usually have lyrics to their songs)
You've asked the right person; that's probably one of my favorite genres. :) Well, I'm not sure if I can pick just one, but I'm rather fond of John Williams.
Miss Friendship wrote:How would you react if all your friends from the SS showed up at your house some random unexpected day? #1 Call the police #2 Single out Belle and ask to be removed from the SS #3 Freak out #4 Throw a party #5 Ignore them
Throw a party. A debate party. :twisted: We'll all kill each other, but at least we'll die true to ourselves.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

And I would sit in the corner and drink cherry doctor pepper and watch the fur fly...

PS, what's a straw man? :anxious:
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

TigerShadow wrote:
Miss Friendship wrote:How would you react if all your friends from the SS showed up at your house some random unexpected day? #1 Call the police #2 Single out Belle and ask to be removed from the SS #3 Freak out #4 Throw a party #5 Ignore them
Throw a party. A debate party. :twisted: We'll all kill each other, but at least we'll die true to ourselves.
That sounds perfect! :lol:

Tarol
Peach Cobbler

TigerShadow wrote:We'll all kill each other, but at least we'll die true to ourselves.
*invites all her friends over*
*debates with them*
*parents come home to find everyone dead*

^^TigerShadow. :lol: xD

What's your favorite Alan Menken song? (he's written many Disney songs)

What color paper do you like to use for writing/drawing?

What skill, that you learn in school, do you think you are lacking? (taking notes, addition, dictation...)
xo eht haiasi-
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What is the most compelling thing about Harry Potter to you?

Where would you go as a missionary?

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:PS, what's a straw man? :anxious:
The Strawman Fallacy is a logical fallacy in debate whereupon a person takes the argument presented to them, simplifies it, and turns it into, essentially, an extreme or otherwise flat version of what it really is. The name comes from the fact that just as someone who beats up a scarecrow can't really say they're a skilled boxer, neither can someone who beats up on a watered-down and exaggerated version of an argument say that they have actually addressed what their opponent was saying.

So, for example, an advocate for women's rights might argue that it is unfair to blame the victim of a male-on-female rape for being attacked, because that man made his own decision regardless of what the woman was drinking or wearing or doing. A strawman that this activist's opponent might create would be to declare that this activist is a man-hater and then talk about all the ways in which men are good people. That opponent is correct in the sense that no, not all men are rapists, but that opponent failed to address the activist's actual argument.
Vogue wrote:If you could be a famous writer [ from history ] who would you be?
Ooh, yikes, I have to pick just one? Hmm...Jane Austen, probably. I love her female protagonists and snarky prose. \:D/
Vogue wrote:What would the name of your life book be?
The Girl Who Couldn't Keep Her Mouth Shut: A Memoir.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What's your favorite Alan Menken song? (he's written many Disney songs)
"I See the Light", from Tangled. I believe he also composed "Kingdom Dance", which is one of my favorites, but I can't remember. (Man, wouldn't it have been great if he'd done Frozen? :) )
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What color paper do you like to use for writing/drawing?
Usually some shade of white. I've wanted to try painting and drawing using black canvases and paper, but I'm not sure if I'd really be able to do the surfaces justice.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What skill, that you learn in school, do you think you are lacking? (taking notes, addition, dictation...)
Math. Math is the worst. :x

Haha, actually I think I'm pretty solid on the things I learned in school. It's the things I didn't learn - how to balance a checkbook, how to deal with a mortgage, what to look for when taking out loans from the bank, what to observe during elections - that I think I'm lacking.
Miss Friendship wrote:What is the most compelling thing about Harry Potter to you?
You keep asking me these hard questions. :(

The most compelling thing about Harry Potter was the titular character. I love Harry to bits, and I found his journey and his character development to be emotionally engrossing. I identified with him and his emotional issues a lot, especially in high school, and I admired his consistent self-sacrifice. I think he'll always be my favorite character; he's the reason I love the series so much.
Miss Friendship wrote:Where would you go as a missionary?
I'm assuming that a) money is no object and b) I'm going long-term, yes? If both assumptions hold, then I'd try to go to London, hopefully with some friends of mine who have been a couple of times so that they can sort of show me the ropes. (Plus, it's easier when you've got a team with you.) Our church has partnerships and former members serving in that area, and being in a new place might help shake off some of the anxiety I sometimes feel when I'm around people who have known me a long time.