Cowgirl's Art and Q+A

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
User avatar
Dom
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 451
Joined: November 2015

Post

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Since we don't have room for a horse, then either a Sheltie or a hedgehog.
Good choices, I approve. ;) I got to meet and pet a hedgehog last Christmas. It was adorable, though quite rather shy...
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:I don't know... all events, even bad ones, impact what happens after them, so to change something would change everything after that...
So if your parents died in a car crash today, would you go back and stop it tomorrow?
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:HomeschoolCowgirl
(See, I'm signing mine too. :P)
HA! Take that, Countess! *high fives the cowgirl*

Do you wish you could date, or are you SCARED of the idea? Do you feel close to your siblings, do you share emotional things with them? Do you think stories with magical characters are evil? If you had to die alone, or in a public place surrounded by hundreds of strangers, which would you choose and why? DO YOU LIKE SCONES?

Dom
User avatar
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4818
Joined: February 2015
Location: Somewhere beyond you
Contact:

Post

Dom wrote:HA! Take that, Countess!
What's to take? I am very proud that I can stand against you and not give in by signing my name. :twisted:

Do you like deep questions or do you prefer easy ones?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
User avatar
Dom
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 451
Joined: November 2015

Post

Miss Friendship wrote:I am very proud that I can stand against you and not give in by signing my name. :twisted:
You shall go down in history. :yes:

Dom
User avatar
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1340
Joined: December 2013
Location: Odyssey USA!

Post

Dom wrote:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:I don't know... all events, even bad ones, impact what happens after them, so to change something would change everything after that...
So if your parents died in a car crash today, would you go back and stop it tomorrow?
Well yes! But it isn't history, so I couldn't change it. It hasn't happened, and I hope it never does.
Dom wrote:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:HomeschoolCowgirl
(See, I'm signing mine too. :P)
HA! Take that, Countess! *high fives the cowgirl*

Do you wish you could date, or are you SCARED of the idea?
Do you feel close to your siblings, do you share emotional things with them?
Do you think stories with magical characters are evil?
If you had to die alone, or in a public place surrounded by hundreds of strangers, which would you choose and why?
DO YOU LIKE SCONES?

Dom
I'm not SCARED, I just don't find the idea particularly attractive. I would rather hang out at a friends' house and watch a movie.

Sortof. No, they'd make fun of whatever it was.

No, they're some of the awesomest -- Narnia, for instance!

Alone; I wouldn't like a crowd.

*had to Google scones* They look delicious!
Miss Friendship wrote: Do you like deep questions or do you prefer easy ones?
Deep ones are more satisfying (unless I don't know the answer) and easy ones are... easier... So either one. Whichever you've got on your mind my dear.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Do you know a lot of music theory? Would you like to learn more?

Can you sing harmony?

Have you ever written a song before?

Do you think you'd be a good piano teacher?

What do you think of Christian Contemporary music?

What do you think of CC versions of hymns?
I am in Level 5 of music theory... don't know what that signifies. Yes, I'd like to know more.

No, and very sadly. Even more sadly, Okie can't, and she gets very frustrated at the higher pitch of the songs at our church. (Our present music minister has a higher singing voice than the last one) Okie has a low singing voice :P

Nope.

Probably not... I don't know enough to be a teacher.

Most of it... Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Some songs are nice though.

It's annoying that they have the same names as the hymns, because then you think you're getting a hymn when you're not when you can only see the name! The songs themselves aren't too bad I suppose.

HSCG (Abbreviations will suffice, I hope?)
Image
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
User avatar
Dom
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 451
Joined: November 2015

Post

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:I'm not SCARED, I just don't find the idea particularly attractive. I would rather hang out at a friends' house and watch a movie.
You could always hang out at a guy's house and watch a movie. Dates don't have to be candlelit dinners. Pretty sure I'd punch a guy who tried to take me on one of those. 8)
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:No, they're some of the awesomest -- Narnia, for instance!
We read some Narnia, growing up. :wacky: What did you think of the movies? I only saw the first one, I believe. I liked it PURDY GOOD. But it has gone missing. O.o I think I sold the DVD player and didn't realize it was in there...but then, same thing happened with The Wedding Crashers. Good thing I didn't sell that DVD player to Countess, she'd have gotten an earful. :twisted:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:*had to Google scones* They look delicious!
They are. Maple scones, especially. Warm one up sometime and slurp some tea with it. :inlove:

What kind of movies do you like? Did you play dress-up as a kid? DO YOU STILL? Have you been horseback riding? Do you prefer Western or English tack?

Dom
User avatar
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1340
Joined: December 2013
Location: Odyssey USA!

Post

Dom wrote: You could always hang out at a guy's house and watch a movie. Dates don't have to be candlelit dinners. Pretty sure I'd punch a guy who tried to take me on one of those. 8)
LOL! I don't actually know any guys of relevant age or single unrelated status.
Dom wrote:We read some Narnia, growing up. :wacky: What did you think of the movies? I only saw the first one, I believe. I liked it PURDY GOOD. But it has gone missing. O.o I think I sold the DVD player and didn't realize it was in there...but then, same thing happened with The Wedding Crashers. Good thing I didn't sell that DVD player to Countess, she'd have gotten an earful. :twisted:
I liked the first movie! It was waaaay better than the BBC ones. Didn't see any others besides The Lion, the Witch, and The Wardrobe.
Dom wrote:What kind of movies do you like? Did you play dress-up as a kid? DO YOU STILL? Have you been horseback riding? Do you prefer Western or English tack?

Dom
I like mostly comedies or nonfiction movies like MacARTHUR or TORA TORA TORA. Yes. Only when required to; last Wednesday was "Thanksgiving Theme Night" so I dressed up as a Native American Indian, since I am partly one. Yes, I have, but (maddeningly) never been allowed to go faster than walk. I'd rather have an English bit with whatever saddle I used; most Western bits are very harsh. But I've never tried riding English before, so... :/

HSCG
Image
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
User avatar
Dom
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 451
Joined: November 2015

Post

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:I don't actually know any guys of relevant age or single unrelated status.
Dat's a problem. :yes:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:last Wednesday was "Thanksgiving Theme Night" so I dressed up as a Native American Indian, since I am partly one.
Cute. Pictures? What else is in your ancestry?
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Yes, I have, but (maddeningly) never been allowed to go faster than walk.
Well it's probably best you start out slowly... I went on a ruleless trail ride once, and needless to say, they kicked everyone into a full gallop without asking or telling... I was about ten years old, had never gone above a walk, and VERY nearly fell off. O.o
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:most Western bits are very harsh.
Bleh. Really upsets me.

What coat colors do you like best on horses? I go much more for color than breed, honestly. Have you ever made a Christmas wreath? Do you dress up for Thanksgiving because you don't celebrate Halloween? Do you like taffy? What was your favorite thing that happened this week? How old do you wish you were? If you could materialize anywhere on earth right now, where would it be and why? Did anything heartbreaking happen this year?

Dom
User avatar
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1340
Joined: December 2013
Location: Odyssey USA!

Post

Dom wrote:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:I don't actually know any guys of relevant age or single unrelated status.
Dat's a problem. :yes:
Only if you want me to get a boyfriend, if you don't, then it's no problemo.
Dom wrote:Cute. Pictures? What else is in your ancestry?
Thanks. Everyone thought my boots were "awesome" - they look like moccasins. If I put my picture here I'd have to cut off my head though (privacy, tks to parents). Other than the 1/512 Cherokee, I think there's about 1/16 Irish and the rest is who knows what else.
Dom wrote: What coat colors do you like best on horses? I go much more for color than breed, honestly. Have you ever made a Christmas wreath? Do you dress up for Thanksgiving because you don't celebrate Halloween? Do you like taffy? What was your favorite thing that happened this week? How old do you wish you were? If you could materialize anywhere on earth right now, where would it be and why? Did anything heartbreaking happen this year?

Dom
Either solid black (ahem, The Black), palomino or blood bay. Yeah, I wouldn't mind a mixed-breed, but certain breeds are more even-tempered than others. (Of course, that wouldn't explain my bent toward Arabians, but oh well)
Once; when I was about 7 or 8. Out of green cloth, a styrofoam wreath base, and fake pinecones. Not my greatest work :P
Our church has a Thanksgiving Theme night every year, along with Patriotic Night, Crazy Hat Night, Color Night, etc. We don't do Halloween, but I didn't think of Thanksgiving theme night as a substitute... :?
Yes.
Probably either tiling and sheetrocking my cousin's house on Saturday or talking to my friend on Sunday for a long time :)
Hm... About two months older (16).
Some big veterinary hospital or clinic to watch and learn. I might have to also be invisible...
Not that I know of... I don't remember very many heartbreaking things happening in my life, actually...

HSCG
Image
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
User avatar
Dom
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 451
Joined: November 2015

Post

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:
Dom wrote:Dat's a problem. :yes:
Only if you want me to get a boyfriend, if you don't, then it's no problemo.
*puts out an ad for the Cowgirl* 8)
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:If I put my picture here I'd have to cut off my head though (privacy, tks to parents).
Such violence! O.o There's an About Me thread or some such where people post pictures.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:We don't do Halloween, but I didn't think of Thanksgiving theme night as a substitute... :?
I didn't think of the "Fall Festival" at the church I grew up in as a Halloween substitute either, until I realized that's exactly what it was. :twisted:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:I don't remember very many heartbreaking things happening in my life, actually...
Lucky. :wacky:

Do you only go to church on Sundays, or more often? What is your favorite hymn? If you lost your eyesight tomorrow, what would you want to do, today? Do you fear death? Do you have a favorite mythological creature? What is something you know isn't real, but wish it were (like fairies)?

Dom
User avatar
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1340
Joined: December 2013
Location: Odyssey USA!

Post

Dom wrote: *puts out an ad for the Cowgirl* 8)
*changes all the ad's references to guys to "horse" effectually getting me a call from the horse people offering to sell me a horse :inlove: *
Dom wrote: I didn't think of the "Fall Festival" at the church I grew up in as a Halloween substitute either, until I realized that's exactly what it was. :twisted:
It's not a separate event; the Wednesday night program (AWANA) has several themed "dress up" nights where the kids dress up and get prizes for best costume, but otherwise it's a normal club night. If that answers your question.
Dom wrote: Do you only go to church on Sundays, or more often? What is your favorite hymn? If you lost your eyesight tomorrow, what would you want to do, today? Do you fear death? Do you have a favorite mythological creature? What is something you know isn't real, but wish it were (like fairies)?

Dom
Every Sunday morning and Wednesday night. We might go more often if the church was closer, but it's 1 hour away, so our attendance of extracurricular things like special "eve" services is limited.
Because He Lives.
Probably round up all my friends and all the family I could muster and spend time with them and/or take pictures.
Not especially... but I don't really want to (dei) right now of course!
Either unicorn or pegasus.
The aforementioned unicorn and pegasus :)

HSCG
Image
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
User avatar
Dom
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 451
Joined: November 2015

Post

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:*changes all the ad's references to guys to "horse" effectually getting me a call from the horse people offering to sell me a horse :inlove: *
haha Smooth. :mrgreen:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:unicorn or pegasus.
The aforementioned unicorn and pegasus :)
Noice! I approve. Ditto to all. :wacky:

Do you prefer fruity, flowery, or earthy scents (body wash, candles, etc.)? Are you a tomboy? Do you like wearing scarves when it's cold? Do you still have toys from childhood? What is something that made you really excited recently?

Dom
User avatar
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1340
Joined: December 2013
Location: Odyssey USA!

Post

Dom wrote:haha Smooth. :mrgreen:
Thank you. *bows*
Dom wrote:Do you prefer fruity, flowery, or earthy scents (body wash, candles, etc.)? Are you a tomboy? Do you like wearing scarves when it's cold? Do you still have toys from childhood? What is something that made you really excited recently?

Dom
I'd rather have dessertey ones like "pumpkin pie" or "salted caramel" or "chocolate brownie" or "apple cider" or "hazelnut fudge"... Etc.

Not especially. Not really a "girly girl" either. I am much more cautious than those whom you'd call a tomboy.

Yes! I have about 9 or 10. I am much a scarf person.

A few, but most of them have been passed down to younger cousins. I have a beany-baby lamb that my g-ma gave me when I was two still.

I can't remember anything specific... Really good music is always exciting to listen to, or sing even, to me... But the most exciting things are yet to come in the month (Christmas parties and such). And you?
Image
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
User avatar
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4818
Joined: February 2015
Location: Somewhere beyond you
Contact:

Post

Does Rosy ever remind you of yourself? Because you remind me of her A LOT.

Do you have your own computer or device?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
User avatar
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1340
Joined: December 2013
Location: Odyssey USA!

Post

Miss Friendship wrote:Does Rosy ever remind you of yourself? Because you remind me of her A LOT.
Nooo.......
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you have your own computer or device?
Nope. One laptop, it's for family use.
Image
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
User avatar
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1491
Joined: August 2014
Location: odyssey.chat

Post

Family, yes, but we usually have it to ourselves, because our parents don't use it. Dad just uses the PC, and mom doesn't like using it because of the keyboard format.

Would you rather eat chicken legs (raw) or sing (solo) for ten minutes in front of whoever happend to show up at carnegie hall?
Image
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
User avatar
Dom
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 451
Joined: November 2015

Post

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:I'd rather have dessertey ones like "pumpkin pie" or "salted caramel" or "chocolate brownie" or "apple cider" or "hazelnut fudge"... Etc.
Mm, salted caramel. :wacky: I love scents like frosting, cupcakes, caramel, and toffee.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Yes! I have about 9 or 10. I am much a scarf person.
ha Called it! 8)
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Really good music is always exciting to listen to, or sing even, to me... But the most exciting things are yet to come in the month (Christmas parties and such).
Link me to some "really good music"? What kind of Christmas parties are you looking forward to?
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:
Dom wrote:What is something that made you really excited recently?
you?
Staying up all night on a call with someone I love for like eight hours straight was definitely exciting and blissful. I recently met some falconers and they invited me to go hunting with them...still contemplating whether to accept or not, but that was rather exciting. Reaching back earlier this year, I bought a sexy SUV that I'm thrilled about. 8)

What is your favorite thing to do with friends? If you could visit any famous landmark, what would it be? Do you think humans are inherently good, or evil? What makes you feel thankful? Do you like pumpkin pie with or without whip cream? What is something you want to improve in yourself in the new year?

Dom
User avatar
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1340
Joined: December 2013
Location: Odyssey USA!

Post

Dom wrote: Link me to some "really good music"? What kind of Christmas parties are you looking forward to?
Workin' on it. There's a party on Saturday for my piano teacher's students (including Okie and me), and one on Friday for my Sunday School class (last year's was awesome), and probably some kind of party on the 16th at Awana.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What is something that made you really excited recently?
Dom wrote:Staying up all night on a call with someone I love for like eight hours straight was definitely exciting and blissful. I recently met some falconers and they invited me to go hunting with them...still contemplating whether to accept or not, but that was rather exciting. Reaching back earlier this year, I bought a sexy SUV that I'm thrilled about. 8)

What is your favorite thing to do with friends? If you could visit any famous landmark, what would it be? Do you think humans are inherently good, or evil? What makes you feel thankful? Do you like pumpkin pie with or without whip cream? What is something you want to improve in yourself in the new year?

Dom
OOoooh, cool! Hunting with birds is something neither I nor anyone I know has ever done -- if you accept, do tell what it's like!
What color's the SUV?

Hang out, er, talk, or whatever. I don't usually get to choose what activity we do as all of my friends attend my church, and therefore live at least 1/2 hr, but more frequently farther than that, away from me. Recently, though, my friend met me halfway and took me to Incredible Pizza to celebrate her birthday with her and her family. That was fun :)
Hmmmm.... Probably the Grand Canyon.
Inherently evil, as we have inherited that nature from Adam and Eve.
Talking to friends, or hanging out with lots of family on a holiday, things like that. Or reading a book where the main character has a huge problem or handicap... at this point, my life doesnt' have very many problems thankfully!!!!
With, definitely. And you? Have you ever mixed strawberry puree and whipped cream, and frozen it, and eaten it?
Uummmm... Being better at piano for one thing... and remembering to shut the door for the chickens before it is pitch dark...
Image
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
User avatar
Dom
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 451
Joined: November 2015

Post

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:
Dom wrote: Link me to some "really good music"?
Workin' on it.
This is the version I grew up with. :wacky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ouOtrXCaCw
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:some kind of party on the 16th at Awana.
Does Awana still exist? We had some friends growing up who were all into that. I only went like, twice. I FOUND IT UNCOMFORTABLE. I was extremely shy as a tiny Dom. :wacky: Also, I overheard this guy telling his friend that he dreamt he was gonna marry me someday. :mad:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:OOoooh, cool! Hunting with birds is something neither I nor anyone I know has ever done -- if you accept, do tell what it's like!
F'shaw.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What color's the SUV?
Silver. :mrgreen:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:With, definitely. And you? Have you ever mixed strawberry puree and whipped cream, and frozen it, and eaten it?
I actually don't really like pumpkin pie. Or whip cream, for that matter. But if I had either, it would probably be together. :lol: As for the puree question, NOPE! Is it delicious? 8)
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Uummmm... Being better at piano for one thing... and remembering to shut the door for the chickens before it is pitch dark...
How long have you been playing piano? Any recordings of you? DID YOU KILL THE CHICKENS?! O.o

What other animals do you have besides the chickens...if they're still alive. ;) Who is your favorite person on this board? Do you have any horse breed books? What other horse book series do you like? Horse movies? Who is your favorite Disney character? Favorite Disney horse? Do you like flowers? Would you want to receive flowers from a guy or no? Are you shy or outgoing in person? What is your opinion on kids having cell phones? What is your opinion on twinkies? :mrgreen:

Dom
User avatar
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1340
Joined: December 2013
Location: Odyssey USA!

Post

Dom wrote:Does Awana still exist? We had some friends growing up who were all into that. I only went like, twice. I FOUND IT UNCOMFORTABLE. I was extremely shy as a tiny Dom. :wacky: Also, I overheard this guy telling his friend that he dreamt he was gonna marry me someday. :mad:
Wow. Yes, it still exists, and is going in full swing. Y'know if I heard some guy saying that... I would be totally creeped out as well... I don't blame you! Of course every church does it differently, so at another club you might have had a better experience
Dom wrote: Is it delicious? 8)
Yup yuppers.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Uummmm... Being better at piano for one thing... and remembering to shut the door for the chickens before it is pitch dark...
Dom wrote: How long have you been playing piano? Any recordings of you? DID YOU KILL THE CHICKENS?! O.o

What other animals do you have besides the chickens...if they're still alive. ;) Who is your favorite person on this board? Do you have any horse breed books? What other horse book series do you like? Horse movies? Who is your favorite Disney character? Favorite Disney horse? Do you like flowers? Would you want to receive flowers from a guy or no? Are you shy or outgoing in person? What is your opinion on kids having cell phones? What is your opinion on twinkies? :mrgreen:

Dom
For about 9-10 years, only getting real lessons for the last 2 yrs though.
I don't have a good quality recorder, so probably not.
NO I DID NOT. My dad did. And we're going to eat them. In soup. Probably.
Sammie, our puppy.
Either Paula or Oxr or Sam; thou mustn't make me choose one.
No, but there's a really good one at our library.
Lauraine Snelling has written two really good series about horses; I like those.
Thicker than Water is a good one. Can't think of any others right now.
I haven't watched any Disney movies in their entirety, so I don't have a favorite character...
[See above.]
Yes, I do.
Not if it's a guy who wants to like me.
Hm.... I don't know... Depends on where I am and who I'm with.
Most kids that I know who have cell phones are obsessed with them and addicted to screen time... so if a kid can be responsible with it, then sure; if not, then no.
I've never had one, so...
Image
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
User avatar
snubs
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 302
Joined: September 2012
Location: Loserville
Contact:

Post

Do you like cows?
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
Image
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey
Post Reply