Ask Eanrin, Renowned Bard of Rudiobus!

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Eanrin
Chocolate Chip

Ask Eanrin, Renowned Bard of Rudiobus!

Greetings to my faithful followers! I am certain that many of you have awaited this day with bated breath, and, if I may say so, with good reason. Who would not desire to hear the wisdom of Eanrin, from the lips of the great Poet himself? You, as mere mortals, must have many questions for one so great as myself, so ask away and I shall answer, for my marvelous wit is possibly the only thing greater than my feline grace and voice of gold.

What questions have you for me, my good people?
I fled Him, down the nights and down the days;
I fled Him, down the arches of the years;
I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways of my own mind;
and in the mist of tears I hid from Him
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

How many bats do you eat per day, and what is your preferred method of serving them?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Eanrin
Chocolate Chip

God's Girl wrote:How many bats do you eat per day, and what is your preferred method of serving them?
Would you so insult the palate of the Bard? I have dined among the greatest of Kings and Queens, both Faerie and Mortal alike, and I would do no such injustice to my stomach as to put bats in it. The very thought makes me shudder...
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

It's nice to meet you, Eanrin. Did you know that bard is a synonym for a slab of bacon?

now wasn't that a nice introduction?
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Eanrin wrote:
God's Girl wrote:How many bats do you eat per day, and what is your preferred method of serving them?
Would you so insult the palate of the Bard? I have dined among the greatest of Kings and Queens, both Faerie and Mortal alike, and I would do no such injustice to my stomach as to put bats in it. The very thought makes me shudder...

Okay then, why don't you enjoy the taste of bats?

And what is your favorite dish to dine upon?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Starflower1234
Cookies & Creme

Did you get your name from Bard Eanrin in the Tales of Goldstone Wood by Anne Elisabeth Stengl?
I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to. - Sam from The Fellowship of the Ring movie
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! - Sam from The Return of the King movie
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Hmmm.... How is your hygiene?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Helios
Butter Pecan

Where have you been, wretched beast? :P (lol, I'm not trying to insult, I'm quoting Dame Imraldera) :P

Umm..this is kinda awkward, but are you a guy or a girl? Cause the name leaves room for debate. :D
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

Eanrin wrote:the great Poet himself?
I believe he told us, dear Kevin.
Eanrin
Chocolate Chip

(Just to clarify some things, I am, in fact, a girl. I'm playing the part of Eanrin from the Tales of Goldstone Wood, and since he's a guy, I used the masculine pronoun. Hereafter, the rest of my answers will be in character.)
T.S. (myself) wrote:It's nice to meet you, Eanrin. Did you know that bard is a synonym for a slab of bacon?

Alas, I fear you have been led astray in your knowledge of the noble Bard. Never fear! In times of confusion, an aspiring writer may turn to a faithful friend! I believe you will find thesaurus.com most helpful in future times such as this.
God's Girl wrote:Okay then, why don't you enjoy the taste of bats?

And what is your favorite dish to dine upon?
You may as well ask me why I don't enjoy the taste of pine cones or mud. However, I suppose there's no accounting for the odd tastes of Mortals... And what need have I for mortal food when I have lived lifetimes on the smile of the Lady Gleamdren alone?
Blitz wrote:Hmmm.... How is your hygiene?
I'll have you know, the only time I've allowed mud to mar my appearance is for highly important or incognito assignments. The nerve!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

So what are you important assignments?
Debate Vampire

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Eanrin wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote:It's nice to meet you, Eanrin. Did you know that bard is a synonym for a slab of bacon?

Alas, I fear you have been led astray in your knowledge of the noble Bard. Never fear! In times of confusion, an aspiring writer may turn to a faithful friend! I believe you will find thesaurus.com most helpful in future times such as this.
My apologies, I was slightly hasty in my post. My intended meaning was that one of the definitions of bard was:
bard-noun
2. Cookery. a thin slice of fat or bacon secured to a roast of meat or poultry to prevent its drying out while cooking.
;)
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Eanrin
Chocolate Chip

Blitz wrote:So what are you important assignments?
The details of my current missions are in the strictest confidence, I am afraid. My past assignments have included guarding the beloved of the Prince of Farthestshore, Princess Una herself. I have rescued the Maid Starflower from a perilous path, and assisted Prince Lionheart in his quest against the Dragon. There are many more tales I could tell, of course, but I am not one to brag.
T.S. (myself) wrote:My apologies, I was slightly hasty in my post. My intended meaning was that one of the definitions of bard was:
bard-noun
2. Cookery. a thin slice of fat or bacon secured to a roast of meat or poultry to prevent its drying out while cooking.
;)
Ah, I understand your dilemma, good sir. If this is a source of confusion for you, you may always refer to me as Chief Poet of Iubdan.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Iubdan's beard! How many dragons have you slain, oh noblest of Bards? :D And what's it like trying to write blind? And why do you turn into cats? :D
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Though I have no idea who Eanrin is. Could you give me some background?
Debate Vampire

Eanrin
Chocolate Chip

Helios wrote:Iubdan's beard! How many dragons have you slain, oh noblest of Bards? :D And what's it like trying to write blind? And why do you turn into cats? :D
Alas, fair maiden, that tale is too grisly to recount here. Suffice it to say, I have taken my share of stands against those foul creatures.
To write blind is to write with the heart. Those who see with with their eyes only do not compare to the music written when seen through the soul. Clearly, this is why my poems and songs have lasted from one age through the next. Pay no heed to the impertinence of one Leonard the Fool, who might tell you otherwise.
As for your last inquiry, I prefer to keep my identity secret. No telling who might be getting up to some mischief around here...
Blitz wrote:Though I have no idea who Eanrin is. Could you give me some background?
Gladly, my good man! As you have doubtless already realized, I am the Chief Poet of Iubdan, and the most renowned poet among both Faerie and Mortal. However, lest you be deceived by my graceful and artistic appearance, you must also know that I am a Knight of Farthestshore, in service to the Prince himself. Does this paint a sufficient portrait of my heroic yet sensitive character for you, or shall I carry on?
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Carry on. ;)
Debate Vampire

Helios
Butter Pecan

By all means, carry on. :P
Eanrin
Chocolate Chip

Good people, I am sorry to have kept you waiting so long. I have been questing and adventuring these many days past, keeping me too busy to respond to all your urgent queries. Indeed, even now my time is scarce, so I am afraid I am afraid I shall be unable to recount my daring and adventurous past at the moment. But continue asking questions, and I will do my best to answer them!

Eanrin's Fashion Tip of the Day: For those of you who may be wondering, today I am wearing a marvelous crimson cloak. It's just the thing for a blustery spring day! Others might say spring is just the time for green, but to that I say 'bah!' If everything else is green, then I certainly don't wish to blend in with the rest of the world. A bold, interesting color is just the thing for the bold and interesting weather of spring!
Helios
Butter Pecan

Oh great Bard and oh the delight of my eyes....

What's it like wearing two silk eye patches? Does it make it hard to find one's way in the dark? *snickers*

BTW, cute avatar. Do you like Calvin and Hobbes as much as Goldstone Wood? :D