What's Wrong With Helios (like I had to ask) & Q&A (oh joy)

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Helios
Butter Pecan

What's Wrong With Helios (like I had to ask) & Q&A (oh joy)

So this is your basic Q/A thread (about me...feel honored, lol) and you can ask me anything you want. Granted, I may not give the answer you're looking for, but it most certainly will be entertaining. :)

I'll also post weird and abnormal things about what I do, how I think, and what sort of mythological creature I barbecued for dinner last night (after I robbed a bank, of course). :D

If you're a guy, you may wanna sit out some of these. Just warning you. :P

And if you're a girl, WELCOME. I'm someone like you. Only completely different. :P

So ask away. I'll answer anything (and I do mean anything).

But maybe you're not sure what to ask about me. Lemme give you a list:

My thoughts on Luke Skywalker (yes, Lexicon! I WILL talk about him!)
Why I joined KRE instead of ERK (and then switched sides...LOVE the avatar, OJ :P )
What I DON'T know about G. I. Joe
Why I'm so sarcastic (I know some of you are dying to know this)
What my best subject in school is (boring academic stuff, but essential to....something...whatever)
Whether I can drive yet
Why I look older and sound younger than I really am (and no, you mayn't ask how old I am...if you do, I will blast you with Sith lightning) :twisted:
And while we're on the Sith thing, why I'm a Sith (or is it Sithess?) :?
How many wars I started on the Whit's End podcast (and how I probably drove the mods to their wits' end...sorry!) :oops:
Finally...
Why I act like a bad girl when it's obvious what a good little girl I am (considering how many people pat me on the head, you'd think I was an angel) ;)

So yeah. That's it for now. Maybe I'll think up something mildly entertaining later...after I go smoke someone for calling Luke Skywalker Sasquatch.... :twisted:

Auf wiederhsen! 8)
Blitz
Moose Tracks

What are your thoughts on Darthvader? And why do you love Star Wars so much. And why do you like Greek stuff so much?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Helios wrote:. Granted, I may not give the answer you're looking for, but it most certainly will be entertaining. :)

I'll also post weird and abnormal things about what I do, how I think, and what sort of mythological creature I barbecued for dinner last night (after I robbed a bank, of course). :D
I chortled at this, and couple other parts of your intro. You are quite witty, my dear sir. Oh, and don't you mean, What's Wrong, Hosted by Helios? Now then...

Are you evil?

Are you insane? (Saying you aren't insane is proof you are. Insane people rarely realize their condition.)

What are some of your favorite books? If I've already asked you that, humor me. It's my favorite question.

If you could read a book about anything, what would it be about?

What is your family like?

Are you an angel? *pat*
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Helios
Butter Pecan

Blitz wrote:What are your thoughts on Darthvader? And why do you love Star Wars so much. And why do you like Greek stuff so much?
Darth Vader...hmm... As a character, he is very interesting and complex. I mean, first he's a slave kid, then he's Jedi Poster Boy of the Year, then he's trying to hide his wife, then he's trying to kill her, then he's trying to kill Ben, then he burns into a cinder and becomes a cyborg, then he blows up a planet, then he kills Ben, then he tries to freeze-dry his son, then he delivers him up to the Emperor...this guy has serious emotional issues. So in a word, I find him fascinating. Having never watched episodes 1, 2, & 3, I don't know much about his younger days, but I'd say he's got to be one of my favorite villains in all of movie history. Yeah, he's evil...but he repents in the end. And that's what counts. :D
I love Star Wars because.....it's.....Star Wars. It carries a certain nostalgic feeling that I can't find with anything else. When I watch the movies, I'm not just watching another world. I'm living in another world. The characters are so real, the story so real...I can't describe it better than that. :D
As for the Greek stuff...I'm stumped on this one. I really don't know why I like it. It could be the intricacies of the mythology—the various gods and goddesses, their children, their deaths—but one theory I have is that I like it because it's a reflection of real life. It's like...the pagan version of Narnia! And yet...not quite so pagan as it first appears. :)
Pound Foolish wrote:I chortled at this, and couple other parts of your intro. You are quite witty, my dear sir. Oh, and don't you mean, What's Wrong, Hosted by Helios? Now then...

Are you evil?

Are you insane? (Saying you aren't insane is proof you are. Insane people rarely realize their condition.)

What are some of your favorite books? If I've already asked you that, humor me. It's my favorite question.

If you could read a book about anything, what would it be about?

What is your family like?

Are you an angel? *pat*
Why thank you, my dear ma'am. :P No, no, I meant what I said. I knew you were going to point that out, though (how does it feel to know I can read your mind, hmm?) Just kidding. :P I'll admit, I lay awake for a couple of nights choking on laughter because the name is so funny.

So yes anyway. :P

Evil...hmm...I have been called evil by various people (one the boy who's shoes I continually stepped on the backs of in the hall) But I think you must define evil for me to know exactly what you mean. :twisted:

Insane....why yes! I'm quite insane. Unbelievably insane. I do believe you'd almost say I suffer from a severe case of pandemonium-related disorders because of my insistent forages into the fabric of the space-time continuum.
In a nutshell......I'm a psycho. :twisted:

I love The Sword of Shannara, the LOTR trilogy, any LOTR lore books, Chronicles of Narnia, Shadow Children, The Missing, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Archives of Anthropos, Quest for Truth, Viking Quest, Percy Jackson, Lady Grace Mysteries, Hardy Boys...shall I go on? :) I'd love to read a book about a girl who goes on wild, fantastical adventures in a sci-fi fantasy world with lots of cute guys, lots of mayhem, and lots of drama. Oh yes, and lots of bad guys getting their guts spilled. I'm a rather violent person, you know. :evil:

My family... *meditative sigh* My family are my best friends and my worst enemies. They are part of me and I of them, and nothing can tear us apart (most of the time) :D We all get along very nicely (most of the time) and I can't imagine living anywhere except with them. My home life is quite pleasant (most of the time). And of course, I get my inspiration from them. They are quite a Pack of wonderful individuals. :P

Now, now, why would you ask me if I'm evil and then turn around and ask if I'm an angel? Tsk tsk, Poundy, are you sure you aren't insane as well? :D Don't deny it, ma'am, you know you are. :twisted: But in all seriously (yeah right), I'd say I'm not an angel. I'm a saint. *beams proudly* :P
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Showdown, Saint, Sinner!
Do you like Ted Dekker? *cocks his revolver, sharpens his sword, and prepares a bolt of lightning*
Be careful how you answer.
Debate Vampire

Helios
Butter Pecan

Blitz wrote:Showdown, Saint, Sinner!
Hmm...still puzzling over the meaning of this. ;)
Blitz wrote:Do you like Ted Dekker? *cocks his revolver, sharpens his sword, and prepares a bolt of lightning*
Be careful how you answer.
Umm................................................................................................................

I actually haven't read any of his books. *quivers in fear*

SO SHOOT ME!!! :twisted:
Wakko
Pistachio

Is :twisted: emoticon/emoji your favorite?
Favorite movie?
Any favorite bands?
Blitz
Moose Tracks

*growls and gives Helios a light shock*
Those names are one of his book series.
What is your favorite character in Greek legends?
Debate Vampire

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Hrm, I didn't recognize ninety percent of those, sir. Though The Shadow Children is an alluring title. But I do adore The Scarlet Pimpernel. Some parts are so charming and languid, mostly it's very suspenseful and in places hilarious and quite romantic. The Hardy Boys are quite good, though I've only read two.

"But in all seriously (yeah right), I'd say I'm not an angel. I'm a saint. *beams proudly* :P"

Clever.

Suppose you had no choice but to kiss a boy. Who would you pick? (Person you know or celeb, either one.)
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

What is your opinion on the Star Wars EU? I try to pretend like everything after Vector Prime never happened.
Shtakji
Cookies & Creme
Location: On a 3-dimensional blue, green and white sphere suspended in outer space

Haha, you always make me laugh, Helios. So many puns and inside jokes. :P
Here's a few Q's:
1. Your favourite movie?
2. The best video game ever?
3. Your ideal weather?
4. Favourite Bible verse?
And a few "if trip" questions:
5. If you were a colour, which would you consider yourself to be?
6. If you had a choice between meeting Amy Lee and meeting Michael Barnes which would you choose?
7. If you could bring one fictional character to life, who would it be?
"A battle can be considered lost only when you cease to fight."~Shtakji
Helios
Butter Pecan

Blitz: Oh...now I recognize them. :P My favorite character is probably Apollo, because he's the sun god. My alter-ego...kinda...sorta... :P BTW, your “light” shock just straightened all my hair out. Thanks! :P

Bobbymac: Yes, I'd have to say :twisted: is my favorite. It's soo....me. :P I love Hugo and the Avengers, and my favorite all-time band is....Down Here. LOVE THEM!!! :D

Poundy ma'am: I read a lot of kiddie stuff...far too beneath your notice, Mrs. your-nose-is-so-high-you-drown-when-it-rains. :P I mean, Mr. :oops: :P I do love the Scarlet Pimpernel, tho, for pretty much the reasons you gave. And besides, Percy's rife with disposable cash! :twisted: Why thanks, I do consider myself quite clever. More so than you, anyway. (lol, not really) :P As for kissing....just where in Hades am I kissing them??? O.o

Mr. Whit's End: I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with the Star Wars EU. But it sounds simply wretched! :D What is it, exactly? :)

Shtakji: Now you see why they call me Punzy...I'll never live it down. :) You think I should KTS for it? :P

1. At this point Hugo, but probably going to change in the near future. I saw a really good one called KG: Karate Girl not too long ago.
2. Oh....HALF LIFE TWO. HANDS DOWN. BEST. GAME. EVER. O.o
3. Slightly overcast, with gray clouds in the distance, and a slight chill to the air. Enough so that I feel justified in sliding my hand into my best friend's and giving his a friendly squeeze. :) I call it a Hanna day, in reference to a Saoirse Ronan movie I long to see but haven't yet. :)
4. ALL OF THEM. But to be more specific, Galations 5:16. My life verse. :)
5. Murky, silvery purple with streaks of green. I call it DarkHeart. :twisted:
6. Hmm...knowing nothing about either of them, I'd probably pick Michael Barnes. I'm partial to the name Barnes. ;)
7. Oooooooo................hard one. A natural pick would be, say, Faramir or Eowyn. Still, I'm rather fond of Susan Pevensie...that's a toughie. I'd probably pick... *drum roll*....................................................
Brody, my imaginary brother. He's this sweet, cool, serious, comical, totally awesome kind of guy who can read my mind. And besides, he's really cute, really smart, and really talented. :) So yeah, if I could have a fictional character come to life, it'd be him. :)
Blitz
Moose Tracks

If you like Karate Girl you should watch Karate Kid the series. Except for the first it has a decent amount of swear words.
Debate Vampire

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Where? what does it matter? In the dining room, in a restaurant, on the roof of The Electric Palace, wherever you like.

Hugo is such an excellent movie. It's very unusual, not the sort of thing that appeals to everyone. Interesting to find you like it too... but of course you do.

Karate Girl? Is that a Karate Kid spinoff of some kind? Makeup on, makeup off. Makeup on, makeup off.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Blitz: I've watched the first one...I think. Are you talking 'bout the movies with Daniel and Mr. Miyagi? :)

Ma'am: Then at your wedding. I'll kiss...whoever. :P Your best man. :twisted:

Of course I do. I may assume you do as well. RIGHT??? O.o

No, no, no, you little nut! It's a Japanese movie about a girl who practices Kurenai karate. *sigh* This is going to happen a lot, I just know it. People always getting confused... *mutters* Anyway, it has nothing to do with Karate Kid. YA HEAR??? O.o

Dude, I'm doing an awful lot of yelling today. What fun! :D
Blitz
Moose Tracks

*Laughs his head off at PF*
It does. At least the one I saw a bit of had Mr. what his name in it.
Debate Vampire

Helios
Butter Pecan

Mr. what'shisname...yeah. I actually don't know how to spell it so I made it up on the fly. I kinda liked the first Karate Kid one (the old one, not the Jackie Chan one), but I've never watched the later ones. Have you seen'em, Blitz? :D
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I have seen the first two. The second one was seriously annoying since they dumped the main character first gf and got him a new one in the second.
Debate Vampire

Helios
Butter Pecan

Aw, man! And after Daniel fought the bad boy over her. What a waste of energy. Didn't they kiss in the first movie? Ew! O.o

But yeah, I've heard Dan went to some little island where Mr. Miyagi is from and was in some kind of competition involving a girl and someone's old girlfriend and a coupla other things I forgot cause I was reading it off the back of a rental movie case. :)
Blitz
Moose Tracks

No old girlfriends in the second movie... They went to Okinawa, home of karate.
Debate Vampire