What's Wrong With Helios (like I had to ask) & Q&A (oh joy)

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

What anime would you recommend to anyone maybe interested in starting?

What are you looking forward to about summer?
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Blitz
Moose Tracks

GJFH wrote:What anime would you recommend to anyone maybe interested in starting?

My hero Acadamia!

Lots and lots and lots of work.... \:D/
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Blitz wrote:My hero Acadamia!

What job(s) will you have?

What do you think of your avatar? My thought process was Blitz -> blitzkrieg -> cool picture of chess piece moving, but I couldn’t find that so you got the chess costume stock photo instead. \:D/
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Helios
Butter Pecan

GJFH wrote:What anime would you recommend to anyone maybe interested in starting?

To be honest, it depends on your taste, but I am not without advice. ;) I'd say: start with the main-stream stuff that's at least a decade old. Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece are the big ones, but Full Metal Panic is short and excellent if that's your thing (some adultish content, though, as most anime will have). I say old stuff because there's a lot of, mm, culture? in anime, and familiarization with it can help in understanding what's happening. The older stuff can have pretty bad English dubbing, however, so beware. :D

If you just want to dive in to the cutesy stuff, here's a few I've really enjoyed: Karneval (dub or sub), Royal Tutor (sub or dub), Wotakoi (sub), The World Is Still Beautiful (sub; fair warning--this could be squicky for some people because of the age differences), Beyond the Boundary (dub or sub--some blood/gore if that squicks you out). Um, Free! is pretty light-hearted, and light on clothes that aren't swimsuits. In anime, there's so many genres, you can find practically anything if you look hard enough.

Now something I'd consider a good starting point for any interested party is Darker than Black. The English dub is fairly good, the story isn't too complicated, and it's light on swearing and sexy stuff. Another one would be Ghost Hunt, which is scary for all the right reasons, but does contain a lot of Japanese spiritual stuff if that's no bueno (however, excellent dub, and the characters are engaging).

I think, in the end, it kind of depends on what you like to watch. If you like the looks of something, go for it! That's how I find new stuff. :lol:

In terms of summer...hmm, I guess leveling up at work and getting a car, maybe? Not sure yet, I'm still kind of in a transitory state. \:D/

-- Tue May 07, 2019 11:15 am --
Tea Ess wrote:

What do you think of your avatar? My thought process was Blitz -> blitzkrieg -> cool picture of chess piece moving, but I couldn’t find that so you got the chess costume stock photo instead. \:D/
I am the confusion. Are these questions for Blitz? If so....CAN I FLAG YOU OFF-TOPIC? :lol:
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

It’s too late. This is Blitz’s Q&A now. :P
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Tea Ess wrote:

Housekeeping in camps, Volunteer unit leader, all that good stuff. I'll be mostly doing volunteer work.

Hmm its not that bad.... But vastly misrepresents me!
Debate Vampire

Helios
Butter Pecan

Tea Ess wrote:It’s too late. This is Blitz’s Q&A now. :P
Betrayed. Betrayed and cast into the everlasting darkness. :cry:
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Usually I just clean on the weekends. Shop. Had fun at the grocery store last night with a friend. :twisted: Might go see a movie sometimes, or chat online with victims--I mean friends. :D
Sounds like we had the same weekend, then ;)

What movie did you end up seeing?
~Two of your five a day~.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

What is the worst or cringiest anime you have seen?
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Tea Ess wrote:What is the worst or cringiest anime you have seen?
Elfen lied. I stopped after two episodes.
Debate Vampire

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Okay, that one was actually for Helios. =p
Helios
Butter Pecan

Tsukuyomi wrote:
Usually I just clean on the weekends. Shop. Had fun at the grocery store last night with a friend. :twisted: Might go see a movie sometimes, or chat online with victims--I mean friends. :D
Sounds like we had the same weekend, then ;)

What movie did you end up seeing?
We're mirroring each other. :twisted:

I saw Shazam the week before last. Gonna see Endgame this weekend, hopefully. \:D/
It depends. Like, cringy? Probably Diabolik Lover, which I love because it's so awful. Worst as in, I stopped watching? Boku no Pico. In retrospect, I should have expected it. :roll:
Blitz wrote:
Elfen lied. I stopped after two episodes.
Oh you absolute madman.
Tea Ess wrote:Okay, that one was actually for Helios. =p
AHA! Take that, Blitz! :twisted:

-- Wed May 08, 2019 4:11 pm --
I just realized I had a couple more things to add on to this. This may be a bad idea, but if you're just starting out, a baby weeb with only a few YouTube videos under your belt, I'd suggest: Magi The Adventures of Sinbad. They have a fairly good English dub (and yes, I'm partial Robbie Daymond and Matt Mercer, but who isn't?) and in terms of inappropriate content, I'd say it's a soft PG-13. The animation isn't too hard on the eyes, the characters are fun, and it's all around enjoyable for binging. (I have no regrets). :D

But I can't believe I forgot to mention the crowning achievement of anime: CLANNAD. Watch Clannad once and you will never look at anime the same again. I used to have a heart--now it belongs to Clannad. :cry:
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

That is far more awesome than it has any right to be :mrgreen:

Did ya have a good day?
Helios
Butter Pecan

Tsukuyomi wrote:

Did ya have a good day?
:twisted: Let's just ignore the creepy implications and jump straight to the awesome :lol:

Nopity nopity nope. Today has been a dumpster fire day, but the good news is, we put the fires out and peace has been restored. Hopefully I'll get something productive done when I leave work. :lol:
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Helios wrote:
Tsukuyomi wrote:

Did ya have a good day?
:twisted: Let's just ignore the creepy implications and jump straight to the awesome :lol:

Nopity nopity nope. Today has been a dumpster fire day, but the good news is, we put the fires out and peace has been restored. Hopefully I'll get something productive done when I leave work. :lol:
Sounds like a plan!

Oh my, wanna share what happened? It's ok if not, but know that you can :)
Helios
Butter Pecan

Tsukuyomi wrote:
Oh my, wanna share what happened? It's ok if not, but know that you can :)
Ugghghghghghghghghg

Got into work late

Big ruckus the night before

Lots of flags to look through to determine the perpetrator(s)

And then having to dish out disciplinary actions in accordance with the guidelines

I chickened out and got my TL to do the flagging for me so I wouldn't have to sift through fifteen pages of name-calling and passive-aggressive teenage hormones. I was also HUNGRY the whole time since I didn't pack a snack.

Ugh :cry:
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

*Hugs Helios until she pops* I'm terribly sorry to hear that, my dude.

Hope today was better?
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

What are your opinions on Naruto and Bleach?
Have you played Super Smash Bros?
Also, as an aside, there is a Smash fan game called Super Smash Flash 2 that you should totally check out. It has Goku, Naruto, Ichigo, and Luffy playable,
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I have never seen any anime. I intend to keep it that way forever. Can I get a medal? :twisted:
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Helios
Butter Pecan

Tsukuyomi wrote:*Hugs Helios until she pops* I'm terribly sorry to hear that, my dude.

Hope today was better?
*pops* \:D/

Eh, it depends. Some parts were good, so there's that, yes? :D Ate a lot of food! :lol:
Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:What are your opinions on Naruto and Bleach?
Have you played Super Smash Bros?
Also, as an aside, there is a Smash fan game called Super Smash Flash 2 that you should totally check out. It has Goku, Naruto, Ichigo, and Luffy playable,
Naruto: pretty fun, lots of action, color palette and animation style aren't offensive to the eyes, can we have more Lee and Sai please?

Bleach: wOW they went for the bright colors. Why is dub Ichigo drunk? OH LOOK IT'S MY FAVORITE PINEAPPLE BOY! Dude, you could kill someone with that hair! YASSSS ICHIHIME *blows kisses* oooo what's this, a hot boi? TAKE ME TO HUECU MUNDO AIZEN-SAMA!

In short, I think Bleach has better-looking characters, but Naruto has a simpler plot. Ish. Um. They're both good. Who doesn't love some genocide, amiright? :twisted:

I have not played Super Smash Bros. More of a Super Mario Bros 3 person, really. :D But ooo, a game where you can play Naruto? That I might be able to get into. :twisted:
Miss Friendship wrote:I have never seen any anime. I intend to keep it that way forever. Can I get a medal? :twisted:
I'm not paying for it. Buy your own medals, you baka. :twisted: