Ask Rosy

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

That's weird. I don't know why it'd be doing that.

If by trouble you mean do I sometimes get so stressed out and nervous that I nearly cry, then yes. =P
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Its because you have it uploaded to a picture site that our server blocks. :(
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Does it make you sad that this thread hasn't been used for almost a whole month? :cry:

When's Rebels S2 coming out again? I haven't even seen the new episode that came out this summer though... :oops:

Tell me all about your piano skills. :D Like, what lesson books do you use, do you play by reading or by ear, what style of music do you like to play, do you improv much, etc. I don't think I've ever asked you before...and if I have, my bad. :P

Oooh, I really like your set. :mrgreen: Is that one of the Star Wars languages in your signature? Or am I missing something?
xo eht haiasi-
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Yes. :( I guess I don't give interesting enough answers.

The Lost Commanders will air on Disney XD on October 14 at 9:30 PM ET/PT. 2 days, 5 hours, 15 minutes, and 11 seconds from now. Yes, I have a countdown going.
You should totatlly watch Siege of Lothal though. It's really good. (Plus it's got Vader and Ahsoka in it! What more could you want?)

Skills might not be the right word. ;) Right now I'm using Alfred's Basic Piano Library, Level 3. I've changed curriculum several times, though. Seems like I've been on several different level 3s at this point. I definitely play by reading, I've never understood how one plays by ear. Do you just hit random keys or cords until something sounds right? Doesn't that take forever? I'm guessing it's a talent I will never posses. I like to play songs that I've heard before, like some classical or movie/TV music. Unfortunately most of my stuff is random songs created simply for teaching, though I do have a couple books that I enjoy. I do not improv. That requires talent. ;) Honestly, I enjoy playing songs once I've gotten the hang of them, not so much learning them. I have a very shabby practice schedule that I probably should put more effort into, so I don't always end up cramming on the day of lessons. =P

Thanks =D! Yes, it is, it's called Aurebesh, and it's the writing form of Galactic Basic Standard, aka our English.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Do you like water activities? (As in swimming, ice skating, fishing, boating etc)

You probably have been asked this before but: Favorite smiley?

How much younger are you then Belle?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I like swimming, I also enjoy ice skating, though I'm not very good at it. Fishing... Not so much. I just don't see the appeal, especially because you either A. Catch it and eat it, and I hate seafood. Or B. Catch and release it, in which case what's the point? I like boats for the most part, if I don't dwell too much on how easy it would be to sink. ;)

I actually have not been asked that question, and the answer is O.o . It just sums up the weirded out or wowed expression perfectly.

I am 4 years younger than Belle. Though people sometimes ask if we're twins? :| It's kind of annoying when that happens.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

What expression do you use the most in real life?

Why do you hate being mistaken for your sisters twin? I mean you could be mistaken for your fathers wife...
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Emma
Peach Cobbler

NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Why do you hate being mistaken for your sisters twin? I mean you could be mistaken for your fathers wife...
That happened to my sister once. ^.^

What defines you as an individual?
Last edited by Emma on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Rosy wrote:Yes. :( I guess I don't give interesting enough answers.
D: Aww...you were interesting! I think many of the Q&A's died down pretty quickly...especially after the summer ended.
Rosy wrote:Skills might not be the right word. ;) Right now I'm using Alfred's Basic Piano Library, Level 3. I've changed curriculum several times, though. Seems like I've been on several different level 3s at this point. I definitely play by reading, I've never understood how one plays by ear. Do you just hit random keys or cords until something sounds right? Doesn't that take forever? I'm guessing it's a talent I will never posses. I like to play songs that I've heard before, like some classical or movie/TV music. Unfortunately most of my stuff is random songs created simply for teaching, though I do have a couple books that I enjoy. I do not improv. That requires talent. ;) Honestly, I enjoy playing songs once I've gotten the hang of them, not so much learning them. I have a very shabby practice schedule that I probably should put more effort into, so I don't always end up cramming on the day of lessons. =P
Would you call level 3 advanced? How many years have you been playing? I don't really know either...I've kinda been teaching myself how to play by ear...and for me, it's kind of like a instinct. I started playing by ear when I would just chord in the left hand, meaning, just playing the chord in the left hand, rather than any other notes. After "chording" for a while, I just began to instinctively move my hand to the right chord, without even thinking what chord it is. Now, I sort of can hear in a song how many "steps" up on the keys each note is, and can sort of play by ear that way. I can't play by ear with both hands...but I can usually work out the melody on a song without messing up too much. Anyway...that was my long shpeel... What songbooks do you have? (fun ones)
Rosy wrote:Thanks =D! Yes, it is, it's called Aurebesh, and it's the writing form of Galactic Basic Standard, aka our English.
Ohhh, okay. I wondered if it was part of Basic, but I kinda thought that since Basic is English, the alphabet would be the same. xP Come to think of it, I have seen that alphabet before in Clone Wars episodes. :P Does your signature say Rosy in Basic?

What's your favorite and least favorite part of Star Wars? What Star Wars books have you read? (if you read many books from one of the SW series', you can just say the series title, rather than all the books :P)
xo eht haiasi-
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Yoga puts or jeans?
Star Wars (the movie series) or Star Wars Rebels?
Stripes or plaid?
Rosy
Cookie Dough

NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What expression do you use the most in real life?

Why do you hate being mistaken for your sisters twin? I mean you could be mistaken for your fathers wife...
I say "Honestly," and "like" wayyy too often. "I guess" and "I'd assume" are also used far too frequently.

It's just annoying to me, maybe because that's the one thing they look at me and assume? I'd far rather they look at me on my own merits instead of just connecting me to my sister.
Emma wrote:What defines you as an individual?
Let's see...I love animals, I hate clutter, I love Star Wars, I'm very quiet around other people, but in reality I'm very loud and over-the-top, I'm a hardcore shipper and fangirl, I have a very odd sense of fashion, uhhh, I don't know what else to put (or if this is even the kind of answer you where looking for =P )
Isaiah the Ox wrote:
Rosy wrote:Yes. :( I guess I don't give interesting enough answers.
D: Aww...you were interesting! I think many of the Q&A's died down pretty quickly...especially after the summer ended.
Haha, I know, I was just kidding. ;) I hope I didn't guilt anyone into asking me stuff. :anxious:
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Would you call level 3 advanced? How many years have you been playing? I don't really know either...I've kinda been teaching myself how to play by ear...and for me, it's kind of like a instinct. I started playing by ear when I would just chord in the left hand, meaning, just playing the chord in the left hand, rather than any other notes. After "chording" for a while, I just began to instinctively move my hand to the right chord, without even thinking what chord it is. Now, I sort of can hear in a song how many "steps" up on the keys each note is, and can sort of play by ear that way. I can't play by ear with both hands...but I can usually work out the melody on a song without messing up too much. Anyway...that was my long shpeel... What songbooks do you have? (fun ones)
I'd say level 3 is around medium. I'm not quite advanced yet. ;) I don't know the exact number, but I'd guess 6 years.
Wow, that's really cool! =D
I have a Top Hits book that goes with all my other lessons books, it's got a lot of Disney and musical songs, so I really like that one. I've got a classical book that I really enjoy, though the name slips my mind right now., and a binder full of printed-off sheet music with everything from classical to Christmas songs. I used to have a Silly Songs with Larry book, but I think I finished it.
Isaiah the Ox wrote: Ohhh, okay. I wondered if it was part of Basic, but I kinda thought that since Basic is English, the alphabet would be the same. xP Come to think of it, I have seen that alphabet before in Clone Wars episodes. :P Does your signature say Rosy in Basic?

What's your favorite and least favorite part of Star Wars? What Star Wars books have you read? (if you read many books from one of the SW series', you can just say the series title, rather than all the books :P)
Yes, it does. I would've put more, but I thought it would be kinda confusing.

O.o Favorite? Uhhhmm, the end of Altar of Mortis when Ahsoka wakes up always gets me. Or pretty much any Anakin/Ahsoka/Obi-Wan bonding moment :mad: . Or the entirety of the first Mandalore arc. Or the reunion at the end of Fire Across the Galaxy. I also know I'm going to love the S2 scene with Hera flying a B-Wing, and the clones returning, plus there's the end of Return of the Jedi, and the end of the Lost Padawan arc, I'm sure I could come up with more but this post is already super long.

As far as least favorite, oh ho ho. There's obviously Anakin's fall, all of the Umbara arc except for Hardcase being a little cutie, the entire Deception arc (seriously, WHAT THE HECK OBI-WAN?? ? Never have I wanted to punch my favorite character in the face so badly.), any moment when Lux is onscreen (multiplied by ten if it's supposed to be a romantic scene), when Kanan gives himself up and when Fulcrum tells them to stop looking for him, 99's death, and Satine's death and Ahsoka leaving (although I haven't even watched those episodes).
Wow, my least favorite list is longer than my favorite list. That doesn't look too good, does it. =P

If you don't count the Marvel comics (which I'm way behind on anyways) I've actually only read four, Dark Disciple, Kenobi, A New Dawn, and The Jedi Path. I have a few EU and movie adaptation books, but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet.
MnM wrote:Yoga puts or jeans?
Star Wars (the movie series) or Star Wars Rebels?
Stripes or plaid?
Both have their time and place. If I'm staying at home all day, yoga pants. If I'm going out somewhere, jeans.
If I'm being 100% honest, I'd pick Rebels and The Clone Wars over the movies. It's not that I dislike the movies at all, but a lot of my favorite characters are in the shows.
Stripes over plaid, any day.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Do you play rather large chords in either hand? What is the most difficult key you have ever played a song in? (usually the more sharps/flats the more difficult :P)

Eww, yes I also hate the Umbara arc. >_> Wait, what's wrong with the Deception arc? Don't you like Obi-Wan when he is dead, bald, and tattooed? xP Yesssss, I hate when 99 dies. :cry: Wow, you haven't read many of the SW books. o_o Are any of those new enough to be part of the official canon? My brother has Kenobi on Audible...but I don't have a device to listen to it with. #sadness

Do you read everything on the SS?

Do you like to debate? What do you feel you are the most knowledgeable of?

Who was your first friend on here, other than you sister?
xo eht haiasi-
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Do you play rather large chords in either hand? What is the most difficult key you have ever played a song in? (usually the more sharps/flats the more difficult :P)

Eww, yes I also hate the Umbara arc. >_> Wait, what's wrong with the Deception arc? Don't you like Obi-Wan when he is dead, bald, and tattooed? xP Yesssss, I hate when 99 dies. :cry: Wow, you haven't read many of the SW books. o_o Are any of those new enough to be part of the official canon? My brother has Kenobi on Audible...but I don't have a device to listen to it with. #sadness

Do you read everything on the SS?

Do you like to debate? What do you feel you are the most knowledgeable of?

Who was your first friend on here, other than you sister?
I have small hands, so doing a bunch of large cords is difficult in either hand. =P I've always hated the key of F. I don't know why, I just do. I know it's really not that hard compared to other keys like D, but I constantly struggle with it.

The Deception arc is the pinnacle of Obi-Wan's bad decision-making, including tricking Anakin into taking on a padawan to teach him how to "let go". I mean, he kinda got what he deserved with this one, what with Anakin making his mission near impossible by chasing after him and then telling him off afterwards. Honestly as far as story-telling goes it was pretty good, but still, I was screaming in my head the entire arc. Why couldn't he have been sent on a mission to the Outer Rim and "died" there instead of faking it right in front of the two people who cared about him the most? *deep breath* I could go on (and I have, my apologizes to Sam who was the recipient of an entire rant when I first finished the arc) but I shan't drag this on any longer. So no, I do not like dead, bald, and tattooed Obi-Wan. ;)

Ah, I made a mistake, I have also read Ultimate Star Wars. Anything released after A New Dawn is canon, but anything before (like Kenobi) is not. It's now all been organized so any EU content is labeled Legends so it's easy to tell from canon. Dark Disciple is canon (though I kinda wish it weren't), along with USW.
It honestly took me a bit to get into Kenobi, because there's so many different POV and new characters all introduced at once, but I liked it.

Everything but the game room.
I'm not fond of getting deeply involved in debates, although I'm not opposed to it. I'm mostly likely to debate in issues involving feminism or gender-equality.
PF, I think. Or at least that's the most long-standing early friendship I have.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Yes, I know that about the canon, but I don't know a whole lot about SW books, so I was wondering if any of those books were newer or older. :P

Who is your favorite new character in SW Rebels?

What do you think of Chopper?

I just finished watching "Siege of Lothal" and the first episode of season two...
The look in Ahsoka's eyes the whole time they are following Vadar and after... :cry: And heh, Santa Clause Clones. xD What did you think of the season openers? (film and episode)
xo eht haiasi-
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Oh sorry. =P I tend to give out more information then people ask for.

I'd have to say Hera, even though I really like all of them.
Chopper is.. basically a grumpy slightly evil cat in a robot's body. Honestly if he existed in real life I might be kinda scared of him. =P
Siege of Lothal was amazing. A bigger glimpse at the Rebel Alliance, seeing Vader in his evil prime, more Ahsoka, gah. I'll be honest, at first I thought it was a bit too early to bring in Vader but I really loved how it was done. The fight against Vader was amazing to showcase how powerful he really is. Plus that Kanan/Hera scene, and "I'm going to make a few friends." and "Make mom & dad proud" acckkk

Episode 2 wasn't near as fast paced, but still with high stakes. Even though I knew it was coming I still screamed when the clones showed up on screen. Also Ahsoka tracking down Vader is going to be awesome, though I'm pretty sure an Ahsoka/Vader fight won't happen until the season finale if that. I also loved the conflict between Kanan and the clones because even though I know he should at least trust Rex, I can't blame him for not doing so. The animation has improved a lot since the first season, which I'm glad too see.
Sorry, these are kinda rambley but I'm tired. :P
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Yes about Chopper... He is... :mad:

And the spoiler wasn't rambly... ;)

What's the last song you played on the piano?

How often do you practice piano?

What math and science are you taking this year?

How often do you clean your room?

What's your favorite Star Wars headcanon? :wacky:
xo eht haiasi-
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

what is your favorite kind of question to answer?

What is a question you wish someone would ask you?

What is something you wish people understand about you?

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Isaiah the Ox wrote:What's the last song you played on the piano?

How often do you practice piano?

What math and science are you taking this year?

How often do you clean your room?

What's your favorite Star Wars headcanon? :wacky:
An old folkish tune called Introduction and something, I forget.

:anxious: Not near as often as I should. I do most of my practicing on Monday aka the day of my lessons. I know, I know, I should try and practice some each day but I never think about it until Saturday or Sunday. =P

LIFE PAC for both. Not really my curriculum of choice, but my aunt gave us all of her kid's old books so I'm using them.

I like stuff pretty neat, so I do a little bit of straightening up every day, and every few months I'll go through everything in my room and decide whether to keep or get rid of it. I used to never clean but then I got tired of the constant mess when I was around 12.

I'd have to say one of my favorites is the SPACEMARRIED headcanon which is basically that Kanan and Hera are married. But in SPACCCCEE. There's also these painful tidbits:
slightly-fantic on Tumblr wrote:somewhere, somehow, ahsoka tano got a copy of the obi-wan kenobi message seen in "spark of rebellion." don't ask how. that's not important. she's played it so many times that she mouths the words along with the hologram without realizing she's doing it and maybe even breathes when obi-wan breathes.
sailorminny on Tumblr wrote:
After successful missions, Anakin would fist bump a very resigned Obi-Wan, with Anakin saying 'boom' while his hand mimics an explosion. And Obi-Wan sighs and goes like 'Anakin, does everything you do have to end with an explosion?'
AND THEN OBI WAN GETS ALL GRUFF AND BEARDY AND IS LIKE “YOU DID WELL” WHILE LOOKING ALL EMBARRASSED-LIKE AT THE GROUND AND ANAKIN’S LIKE ALWAYS TAKEN ABACK EVEN THOUGH THAT EXACT EXCHANGE HAPPENS EVERY VICTORy
Mandy wrote:what is your favorite kind of question to answer?

What is a question you wish someone would ask you?

What is something you wish people understand about you?
Anything related to Star Wars. ;)
I'm not that great at coming up with questions, so I'm not sure. Basically anything related to Star Wars. ;)
That social interaction is not my forte. It is my anti-forte. Is that a thing? It should be a thing.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Is your piano book the book that has "Go Down Moses" in it? Because I was looking through the songbooks we have, and I found a third grade Alfred's book...and was wondering if it was the same one. ;)

:P My little sister does that with playing violin all the time. My piano lessons were on Wednesday, so usually on Monday I remembered to practice. :wacky:

What specific math/science are you taking? (algebra, chemistry?)

:cry: Those headcanons tho.
Rosy wrote:That social interaction is not my forte. It is my anti-forte. Is that a thing? It should be a thing.
^^^^^THIS. #truth

Have you came up with any SW headcanons yourself?

Do you think Darth Sidious was so learned in the Force, he was able to survive?

Have you finished Clone Wars yet? :x

What are your thoughts on Dr. Who? :twisted:
xo eht haiasi-
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Is your piano book the book that has "Go Down Moses" in it? Because I was looking through the songbooks we have, and I found a third grade Alfred's book...and was wondering if it was the same one. ;)
It is indeed.

I am taking Decimals & Percents in math (yeah I'm way behind) and as far as science, the LIFEPAC stuff isn't labeled like that but I'm currently studying atoms so Chemistry maybe?

The only headcanon that I've come up with 100% on my own is that Obi-Wan and Satine have tea together whenever they happen to be on Coursant at the same time. I think I've come up with a few others but abandoned them due to OOCness.

Survive being thrown out of the Death Star in VI? I think that based on the power he has been shown to have it would be possible (like in the EU when he cloned himself and came back like 5 times?) but I really think that degrades Anakin's final decision and sacrifice, to have all the build up of three movies just to say, "Hey, he's not really dead." They did this with Darth Maul in TCW, which I can't say I necessarily liked, but it was done as well as could be. At this point I firmly believe that Darth Sidious is over and done, and bringing him back would really cheapen the new movies for me and I think many other fans.

I have not. :x I'm now on Season 5, and I now have DVDs of Season 1-5, so there's nothing stopping me except for the fact that I don't want to finish and have no more to watch. =P I'm going to have watched everything (including Season 6 and the unfinished episodes) by December. Or at least that's my goal.

Ah, Dr. Who. My honest opinion is.. well, no real opinion. I think the overall story line of a regenerating long-living alien who is the last of his kind is a good premise, but I don't really have any desire to watch it myself. But I also think that the people who complain about it being everywhere need to get a grip and move on. *shrugs*
꿈. 희망. 전진.