Latch questionnaire

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:Hmm. A knife, a fire starter of some sort, a tarp, paper/pen, and a stash of whiskey.
What would you do with the paper and pen? SPECIFICALLY. And I'm impressed that "whiskey" isn't a censored word. :clap:
latch wrote:I can't think of any holidays I'm partial to, though Christmas is sometimes accompanied by delicious food.
What is your favorite Christmas-accompanied food?

What's your favorite animal? Do you think it's okay to catch wild animals and keep them as pets or for other uses? Have you been swimming in the ocean? What is something you're afraid of?

Dom
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Dom wrote:What would you do with the paper and pen? SPECIFICALLY. And I'm impressed that "whiskey" isn't a censored word. :clap:

What is your favorite Christmas-accompanied food?

What's your favorite animal? Do you think it's okay to catch wild animals and keep them as pets or for other uses? Have you been swimming in the ocean? What is something you're afraid of?

Dom
I'd keep a log of my thoughts and activities, in order to refrain from going off my rocker.

Pecan tassies.

A lion, has been for many years.

That's an interesting question. I can understand that human beings need companions, and animals seem to fulfill that need at times. Domestication is the wrong call, in many cases. Zoos? Absolutely not. A friend who's always there for you, that you take care of and love? That's in a different book altogether.

I have been swimming in the ocean.

Losing my memory altogether.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:Pecan tassies.
The heck are those?
latch wrote:A lion, has been for many years.
Why?
latch wrote:That's an interesting question. I can understand that human beings need companions, and animals seem to fulfill that need at times. Domestication is the wrong call, in many cases. Zoos? Absolutely not. A friend who's always there for you, that you take care of and love? That's in a different book altogether.
Do you not visit zoos, then, if invited?
latch wrote:I have been swimming in the ocean.
How was it?
latch wrote:Losing my memory altogether.
Go do what I said. *cracks whip*

Dom
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Dom wrote:
latch wrote:Pecan tassies.
The heck are those?
latch wrote:A lion, has been for many years.
Why?
latch wrote:That's an interesting question. I can understand that human beings need companions, and animals seem to fulfill that need at times. Domestication is the wrong call, in many cases. Zoos? Absolutely not. A friend who's always there for you, that you take care of and love? That's in a different book altogether.
Do you not visit zoos, then, if invited?
latch wrote:I have been swimming in the ocean.
How was it?
latch wrote:Losing my memory altogether.
Go do what I said. *cracks whip*

Dom

They are essentially mini pecan pies, though I'm not really a fan of pecan pie. Tassies are far superior.

I'm drawn to them. Their aesthetic, lifestyle, behaviour in general.

I've visited zoos before. I suppose if someone asked me to accompany them, I'd express my lack of interest and suggest other options.

Swimming in the ocean was lovely.

I forgot what you said to do.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:They are essentially mini pecan pies, though I'm not really a fan of pecan pie. Tassies are far superior.
Oh. Pecan Tea Tarts. My brother requested those for Christmas this year.
latch wrote:I've visited zoos before. I suppose if someone asked me to accompany them, I'd express my lack of interest and suggest other options.
What other options appeal to you?
latch wrote:I forgot what you said to do.
How apropos.

Why are you always Invisible? Do you consider yourself a control freak? Do you like any weird smells, like tire rubber, puppy paws, or melting plastic? :wacky: Do hospitals upset you, and if so, why?

Dom
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Dom wrote:
latch wrote:They are essentially mini pecan pies, though I'm not really a fan of pecan pie. Tassies are far superior.
Oh. Pecan Tea Tarts. My brother requested those for Christmas this year.
latch wrote:I've visited zoos before. I suppose if someone asked me to accompany them, I'd express my lack of interest and suggest other options.
What other options appeal to you?
latch wrote:I forgot what you said to do.
How apropos.

Why are you always Invisible? Do you consider yourself a control freak? Do you like any weird smells, like tire rubber, puppy paws, or melting plastic? :wacky: Do hospitals upset you, and if so, why?

Dom
Going to a monster truck event, a hockey game, a bar, playing a board game, watching a captivating movie, having an intense philosophical discussion, or going on an adventure of any kind.

What, you can't see me?

I do not consider myself a control freak. I do prefer being in control for certain situations, as most people do.

I like the smell of bondo and gasoline.

They do. They produce far more problems than I think they should, and they are full of sick and dying people. Hospitals give off a horrid feeling every time I've been in one.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

If you could travel one continent for a year, which one would you pick, and why?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Do you have any advice for the last thing I said on the chat concerning WHAT I HAVE BEEN TAUGHT on boys/girls etc? Or does your memory fail you?

Do you know how hard it is to read a page of posts between two faceless individuals? #noavatars

If you got very sick, would you rebel against being taken to a hospital? O.o How much money would it take to convince you to be a nurse?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

T.S. (myself) wrote:If you could travel one continent for a year, which one would you pick, and why?
Africa! I haven't been there, and I'd be facing experiences I've never had before. Plenty of land to explore, cultures to emerge myself in, and languages to learn.
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you have any advice for the last thing I said on the chat concerning WHAT I HAVE BEEN TAUGHT on boys/girls etc? Or does your memory fail you?

Do you know how hard it is to read a page of posts between two faceless individuals? #noavatars

If you got very sick, would you rebel against being taken to a hospital? O.o How much money would it take to convince you to be a nurse?
Disregard ideas or instructions that begin with 'Girls are..' or 'Boys are..'. Learn about the world yourself. Don't put people into gender boxes or be a blind sheep. Every human is different, and gender matters much less than a person's soul does.

That does not seem like a difficult task, since there are names assigned to our posts. But I'm ever so sorry for your troubles.

It would depend on how sick I was, and with what. I would likely not rebel against it, though. While hospitals are sometimes horrible, modern medicine is quite incredible and useful.

I wouldn't take any amount of money to become a nurse. I can't be bought, and I know what I want to do. Money isn't a factor in my decision for that sort of thing.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:Going to a monster truck event, a hockey game, a bar, playing a board game, watching a captivating movie, having an intense philosophical discussion, or going on an adventure of any kind.
I've been to a truck show before, but not perspiffically a MONSTER truck show. That would be...awesome. I believe "awesome" is an accepted word, here. :twisted: What kind of board games do you like? What's the last CAPTIVATING movie you saw, and who did you see it with? What defines an "adventure"? Just try to answer, I DARE YOU.
latch wrote:I do not consider myself a control freak. I do prefer being in control for certain situations, as most people do.
Oo la la.
latch wrote:I like the smell of bondo and gasoline.
I don't even know what bondo is. *wanders off to Google* I also like the smell of gasoline. AMONG OTHER STUFFS.
latch wrote:They do. They produce far more problems than I think they should, and they are full of sick and dying people. Hospitals give off a horrid feeling every time I've been in one.
I've never understood the issue with hospitals. I've heard of the fear of them, hating the smell of them, all that. I just never experienced it. Maybe nothing traumatic ever happened to someone I loved in a hospital. Both of my grandparents passed away in them, but it was very peaceful and about as beautiful as such a thing could be. There were about forty family members crowded into the room each time, singing hymns and lullabies.

Do you think animals have souls? Do you think humans have souls?

Dom
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Dom wrote:What kind of board games do you like? What's the last CAPTIVATING movie you saw, and who did you see it with? What defines an "adventure"? Just try to answer, I DARE YOU.

Do you think animals have souls? Do you think humans have souls?
I enjoy the kind that challenge me. Puzzle games, riddles, that sort of thing. A few that come to mind are 'Set' (not really a board game), Scattergories, or Sequence. I'M REALLY INTO 'S' GAMES.

Interstellar, I watched it alone. I've seen a few good movies since then but that one left me speechless.

I'm not sure I can define an adventure. It has far more to do with your outlook than what the actual activities entail. Walking through the rain can be an adventure, just like trying to come up with a meal when you only have a few ingredients. An adventure is exactly what you make it, and you have as many as you decide.

I do not think animals have souls. I do think humans have souls.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:I enjoy the kind that challenge me. Puzzle games, riddles, that sort of thing. A few that come to mind are 'Set' (not really a board game), Scattergories, or Sequence. I'M REALLY INTO 'S' GAMES.
That's amusing. WHODATHUNKIT.
latch wrote:Interstellar, I watched it alone. I've seen a few good movies since then but that one left me speechless.
So you wouldn't recommend it at all. Got it.
latch wrote:I'm not sure I can define an adventure. It has far more to do with your outlook than what the actual activities entail. Walking through the rain can be an adventure, just like trying to come up with a meal when you only have a few ingredients. An adventure is exactly what you make it, and you have as many as you decide.
Hm.
latch wrote:I do not think animals have souls. I do think humans have souls.
Why? And why?

What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done? What is something you're ashamed of? What is something that makes you giggle SHAMELESSLY? Do you ever want to grow your own food? When was the last time you felt angry?

Dom
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Dom wrote: Why? And why?

What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done? What is something you're ashamed of? What is something that makes you giggle SHAMELESSLY? Do you ever want to grow your own food? When was the last time you felt angry?

Dom
I have seen no evidence of animals having what we call a 'soul'. Yes, they feel pain, and have varying levels of intelligence. Humans can imagine themselves imagining themselves, experience heartbreak, think of the past, regret a horrible decision, be excited about what tomorrow brings. Cows eat grass. Crows are impressive to me, though. Watch out for those guys. They'll be taking over the world in no time flat.

A few months ago I was out on a bike ride and decided to head back home on the highway. At the time I didn't have a helmet and a semi passed me. I was going 70, limit was 75. I got whipped around quite a bit in the wind and was keenly aware of how easy it would have been for me to splatter all over the road. I wouldn't say that's the most dangerous thing I've done /per se/, but I ride with a helmet now.

I'm sometimes ashamed to be part of the human race. We can do some gut-wrenching stuff.

Dirty jokes make me giggle quite shamelessly.

Yes, I have before and plan to do it again.

Truly angry? About a week ago. I was watching the tool video for 'right in two' (listening discretion advised for younger members but it's an *incredible* song) and thinking of the world's political climate. The two combined struck me with an overwhelming rage and sadness.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Spoon wrote:
Miss Friendship wrote:Have you ever met Dom on the chat?

Who has been your favorite troll to wander into the debate land?
Long before your time, yes.

Can I say myself? Myself. I was pretty obnoxious way back when.
You weren't that bad a troll.

Why do you so constantly disappear?
What is your relationship with eleventh Doctor like?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:I have seen no evidence of animals having what we call a 'soul'. Yes, they feel pain, and have varying levels of intelligence. Humans can imagine themselves imagining themselves, experience heartbreak, think of the past, regret a horrible decision, be excited about what tomorrow brings.
Who says animals can't/don't do that, but are simply unable to express it?
latch wrote:A few months ago I was out on a bike ride and decided to head back home on the highway. At the time I didn't have a helmet and a semi passed me. I was going 70, limit was 75.
Exactly what kind of bike? :P
latch wrote:I'm sometimes ashamed to be part of the human race. We can do some gut-wrenching stuff.
Indeed. Examples?
latch wrote:Yes, I have before and plan to do it again.
What did you grow? WAS IT ANY GOOD?
latch wrote:Truly angry? About a week ago. I was watching the tool video for 'right in two' (listening discretion advised for younger members but it's an *incredible* song) and thinking of the world's political climate. The two combined struck me with an overwhelming rage and sadness.
What about more personally?

Who inspires you? Do you regret moving away from your family? When will you move again? Does your job determine your sleep schedule? Hardwood floors or carpet? Can you sew? Do you still wear Converse? Do you ever feel like an outcasttttt?

Dom
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Blitz wrote: You weren't that bad a troll.

Why do you so constantly disappear?
What is your relationship with eleventh Doctor like?
I was referring to a time long before you came around, Blitz. Seven or eight years ago, probably.

Because I don't always want to be around. I've been around a lot more lately but it's sometimes a year or so.

It's pretty normal. We chat occasionally and sometimes exist on the same parts of the internet at the same time.

-- Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:28 pm --
Dom wrote: Who says animals can't/don't do that, but are simply unable to express it?

Exactly what kind of bike? :P

Indeed. Examples?

What did you grow? WAS IT ANY GOOD?

What about more personally?

Who inspires you? Do you regret moving away from your family? When will you move again? Does your job determine your sleep schedule? Hardwood floors or carpet? Can you sew? Do you still wear Converse? Do you ever feel like an outcasttttt?

Dom
If I saw evidence of that, it would be another story. Yes, there is a chance.

A MOTORCYCLE.

Slaughtering innocent people. Injustices. Rape. Prejudice.

THE VEGETABLES WERE DELICIOUS, YES.

That seemed like a personal peek into something that made me angry. =p
I don't get upset a whole lot. Irritated or annoyed, sure. Not often angry.

Who inspires me.. My friends. People I see every day. People who, when they show you a tiny glimpse of their character, don't realize how impressive they are. Those who have strength beyond imagination and will work through any challenge given to them.

I do not regret moving away from my family. That was quite a while ago, it's not really on my mind.

I will move again as soon as I want to. I'll likely either move or travel for a while this upcoming summer.

It does, although I enjoy being awake early regardless. I wake up at 5am.

There's carpet in my apartment. I'd choose hardwood were it an option.

In theory, yes. Certainly not with grace or talent.

The occasion that I wear them is quite rare, although I do still own them. My feet exist in work boots most days.

Can't say I do.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:A MOTORCYCLE.
What kind? We require pictures, here, lady.
latch wrote:Who inspires me.. My friends. People I see every day. People who, when they show you a tiny glimpse of their character, don't realize how impressive they are. Those who have strength beyond imagination and will work through any challenge given to them.
Do you know many such people? Seeing as you said "every day". =|
latch wrote:It does, although I enjoy being awake early regardless. I wake up at 5am.
I get up at 6:00. With an alarm. Life is so much better when you wake up naturally... *le sigh* Though I woke up NATURALLY at 4:30 A.M. yesterday. As evidenced by my bizarre posting on this board in the middle of the flippin' night... :roll:

What is the last thing you created? Is there someone you would like to cause bodily harm to? Do you ever wear hats? What are you a snob about? Is there a particular color that FILLS YOUR HEART WITH JOY?

Dom
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Dom wrote:
latch wrote:A MOTORCYCLE.
What kind? We require pictures, here, lady.
latch wrote:Who inspires me.. My friends. People I see every day. People who, when they show you a tiny glimpse of their character, don't realize how impressive they are. Those who have strength beyond imagination and will work through any challenge given to them.
Do you know many such people? Seeing as you said "every day". =|
latch wrote:It does, although I enjoy being awake early regardless. I wake up at 5am.
I get up at 6:00. With an alarm. Life is so much better when you wake up naturally... *le sigh* Though I woke up NATURALLY at 4:30 A.M. yesterday. As evidenced by my bizarre posting on this board in the middle of the flippin' night... :roll:

What is the last thing you created? Is there someone you would like to cause bodily harm to? Do you ever wear hats? What are you a snob about? Is there a particular color that FILLS YOUR HEART WITH JOY?

Dom
She's just a little bike, but serves me well until I get a much bigger one. http://oi64.tinypic.com/ip78ki.jpg

I don't know that many people personally. I generally stop liking a person once I've learned about their character. With strangers it's more just superficial, not quite with the depth that I get from friends.

I have an alarm set. I usually wake up about two minutes before it goes off, naturally.

Paintings! I did one and was so enthralled that I did six more.

Nope, can't think of anyone deserving of *these* guns.

I really don't like wearing hats, but I do sometimes find it convenient at work. Especially when it's cold outside.

A snob? Hmm. I wouldn't consider myself a coffee snob, but I appreciate the ever-loving socks off a well-made cup. I'm probably a snob about finish work. Details matter.

Purple. =]
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So the deeper you know of a person the more you dislike them? O.o
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Not always. But of all the people I've met and gotten to know, I haven't liked very many of them. I don't go into it thinking people are horrendous creatures. Just have high standards.