Eleventh Doctor Q&A

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Ever listened to any of Steve Green's music?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I once went to a Steve Green concert
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

O.o Do you like his music?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Nope, I think it's pretty plain and derivative of every other Christian artist.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What's wrong with liking conservative Christian singers? Would it be wrong too? (for you)

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Nothing is wrong with liking them, I just don't. If you do that's fine, I don't like all genres of music.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Okay, so I am wondering why you went to a concert if you didn't like it?

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I was really young, we were going with friends.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Is there any Christian music that you listen to now and enjoy?

Do you realize that if all our hangout conversations would have been in this thread instead, there would be 100 pages?
Eleventh Doctor wrote:I don't like all genres of music.
Do you prefer secular over Christian? If so, why is that?

aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

What have you been up to lately? Are you still debate coaching? You don't seem to have missed me while I was gone. Don't worry I'll be busy with school again soon and not around much again. What else are you doing besides debate coaching? What is the best thing and worst thing that has happened recently? What is the topic of the most interesting conversation you have had private/ group/ online/ or offline recently?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Miss Friendship wrote:Is there any Christian music that you listen to now and enjoy?
Really depends on what you mean by Christian music. I like the music we sing in Church. I like people who are Christian who make music that you would consider secular.
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you realize that if all our hangout conversations would have been in this thread instead, there would be 100 pages?
Probably more than that, if you included our SS messages too.
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you prefer secular over Christian? If so, why is that?
Because in general I've found that people who identify their music as Christian are of lower quality than most secular music.
aragtaghooligan wrote:What have you been up to lately?
Well today I did some laundry and cooking. Then I read up on a type of RPG campaign I'm planning to run. In general I was house sitting and dog sitting for some friends over Christmas. For New Years Eve I went to Alexandria with my family.
aragtaghooligan wrote:Are you still debate coaching?
I am, I actually have a debate tournament this week down in VA Beach. The first one of the year.
aragtaghooligan wrote:What else are you doing besides debate coaching?
Not much right now. Going to have to start organizing Doxacon again soon.
aragtaghooligan wrote:What is the best thing and worst thing that has happened recently?
Best thing was I won my fantasy football league. Worst was several friends and I made conflicting plans for New Years Eve and missed hanging out.
aragtaghooligan wrote:What is the topic of the most interesting conversation you have had private/ group/ online/ or offline recently?
I was at a friends house and we were discussing gun control.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

When's the next Doxacon?

Are you sure you don't just like secular music more? I mean, even if the Christian was the highest quality, you might still prefer the secular.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Doxacon Seattle, Boston, and Toronto will be taking place this year. Doxacon DC will be taking place in 2017.

I care about quality.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Are you going to the Seattle one? Will the Toronto one take place when you are there? When is Boston?

kait
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:Are you going to the Seattle one? Will the Toronto one take place when you are there? When is Boston?
YEAH. Are you going to the Seattle one or what!?!?! :noway:
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

Woooo a Toronto one!!! What is the theme this year?
I am sorry about your new years plans being all wonky :(
What is Alexandria? It sounds pretty.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Miss Friendship wrote:Are you going to the Seattle one? Will the Toronto one take place when you are there? When is Boston?
kait wrote:YEAH. Are you going to the Seattle one or what!?!?!
I will not be going to the Seattle one since it'll be taking place while I'm in Canada. The Toronto one will take place while I'm there and be organized by me. We don't know when Boston will be yet.
aragtaghooligan wrote:What is the theme this year?
We haven't decided that yet but I'm hoping for Doxacon DC to do a LOTR theme but also have some Star Wars speakers. As for Toronto I'm hoping to have one of our speakers from DC, Leah Libresco, be our keynote.
aragtaghooligan wrote:What is Alexandria? It sounds pretty.
Alexandria is an older town from pre-revolutionary times that sits on the Potomac just south of DC. It is very pretty.

aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

What is Leah Libresco like? What kinds of things does she talk about? What is the Ptomac? (I fail at Geography)
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

This is the Potomac river: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potomac_R ... hedmap.png

Leah Libresco is a convert to Catholicism who speaks mostly about theology, how to have better arguments, Hamilton the musical, math, prayer, and community. She also speaks about science fiction and fantasy when I invite her to Doxacon. She's pretty awesome, check out her blog: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unequallyyoked/

She is probably the most friendly and outgoing person I know. She is also extremely smart, witty, and eloquent. But also humble and giving.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Did you write a letter to yourself at age 15 and reopen at age 25?

Have you ever heard about the worst airline disaster at Tenerife?