Buck and Jules

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Buck and Jules

Legacy and some of Connie the Counselor seem to heavily imply the Buck and Jules ship. What do you think? Did you expect AIO to push the ship in this early?

I thought Buck and Jules' relationship was always a bit odd since it seemed like Jules just met Buck and suddenly they were like insta-friends and hung out all the time. o_0 So it doesn't surprise me AIO feels like shipping them. It makes sense why they are friends, as they are both outcasts essential. But... I really don't know if they work together as a couple, and their children for crying out loud. :roll:
xo eht haiasi-
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I've never really thought they were good for each other, at least in this stage of their lives. It seems like every time they hang out with each other they bring out the worst qualities in each other—the rebelliousness and the belief in their own self-sufficiency.

On a plot-based level, though, I have to wonder if this isn't intentional. They're not Christians, and I get the feeling that it might end up like a Eugene/Katrina thing, where one of them accepting Christ is the catalyst for a rift between them. I personally think it'll be Buck who converts first; it seems to me like he's had more direct contact with the concept, and honestly I've never liked Jules much, so to be honest I'm not really all that invested in her. (Jules can be compared and contrasted to Kelly, in that she has some hardened and bratty qualities to her as a result of her upbringing, but she lacks the pathos and vulnerability that made Kelly interesting and engaging. Maybe I'm just biased because of my love of that era of kids and episodes, but there's only so much mileage you can get out of "I act out because my dad doesn't really care about me" before the backstory stops being sympathetic.)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I was surprised when they flung them into a romantic scene so soon since Odyssey isn't really one for putting teens in relationships, and I don't think I like it. I'm honestly not sure where they're going with this. I ship Jules and Buck, but I don't think they should be in a relationship yet. That- just seems dangerous. They do both have pretty serious issues that should be taken care of, or at least talked about before they start dating or anything. However, I think they should/are really good friends. Whether anyone likes it or not, they need each other almost as much as they need the Meltsners and Connie. They relate to each other in that they both have hard family lives, and they're very independent, introverted, and strong-minded. They've never had a friend that understands them that deeply. I think they'll help each other through their hurt and fear. It's a bit easier to talk about your abusive guardian than it is to your foster parents. I think Buck will become a Christian first, whether that will change their relationship I have no idea.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse