Shipping Connie

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!

Shipping Connie

Poll ended at Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:10 pm

Jason
No votes
Mitch
25%
Jeff
63%
Other
13%

Total votes: 8

Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Shipping Connie

Who do we ship Connie with? Who do you think fits best with Connie? Whoever wins this poll shall marry Connie once and for all! We will have a wedding for them. Thanks for voting!
Last edited by Kathy0 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bob
Caramel Crunch

Who's going to play the guys who kidnap Mitch and show Connie that she doesn't really want to be married to him?
A classic never goes out of style.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I'm generally not a fan of shipping people places. It's not right to treat other humans like commodities. :( But I suppose if we have to ship Connie, we should use FedEx; I've generally found it to be the most reliable :yes:
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Lol TigerShadow! Of course. UPS is pretty good also. :D :yes:
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I'm satisfied with Connie being single because other than Eugene and Whit (who are obviously off-limits) I feel that there's no male I like Connie interacting with very much. Maybe a new character will come along...
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Frankly, I just want more adult women that Connie can interact with. Like, not just peers, like Penny (who is now married to a pre-established male cast member, act surprised), but older women—older women who have husbands that we don't know. Grumpy, snarky, down-to-earth, intelligent, aggressive, whatever—I just want more older women on this show who don't exist almost solely to be the wives of male characters. Maude Walton only appeared in three episodes (one of which only had one line, which was her shouting indiscriminately); Agnes Riley has only appeared in nine episodes; and Jenny Whittaker and Katrina Meltsner's defining roles are "Whit's wife" and "Eugene's wife", respectively, no matter what they've accomplished as characters or people. Even Joanne Allen was introduced and almost immediately turned into a love interest, then had to give up her whole career to settle down with her husband.

In a vacuum, none of these things are bad, but taken together, they reveal a rather disturbing trend among this show's adult female characters. It says a lot that I can think of and define five different types of personalities from female child characters and can talk about their independent stories and traits (Liz, Mandy, Tamika, Sarah, Kelly), but the female adult characters besides Connie barely have stories of their own beyond "X character's spouse".

Basically, I think that before we start shipping Connie off with some boy-of-the-week, we ought to round out the cast a lot better.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Agreed. It is interesting, and even a little disappointing that so many female characters come in for the sole purpose of marrying someone. Would it be going too far to call it sexist? I don't think it's intentional. What most likely happened was they just had a lot of male characters and wanted them to get married, or be married. I wish they would have started off with a mix of female and male characters, specifically adult ones, that we could ship and think about. THEN, they could put people together, after they had developed a strong friend relationship. That's something else that's always bothered me. Specifically about Jack and Joanne's relationship. Whit has said he doesn't believe in "love at first site." Yet, it's very clear that Jack and Joanne fall in love the second they see each other. This happened on a smaller scale with Bernard and Mod, Wooton and Penny, and even Eugene and Katrina. That said, I think we've all had that time where we meet someone and feel an immediate connection with them, but those instances consist of temporary romantic feelings and usually lead to nothing more than a close friend.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

I totally agree, TigerShadow! :) That would be really nice. I feel like she has a lot of older guy friends but not older lady friends. LIKE NONE.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

PennyBassett wrote:Agreed. It is interesting, and even a little disappointing that so many female characters come in for the sole purpose of marrying someone. Would it be going too far to call it sexist? I don't think it's intentional. What most likely happened was they just had a lot of male characters and wanted them to get married, or be married. I wish they would have started off with a mix of female and male characters, specifically adult ones, that we could ship and think about. THEN, they could put people together, after they had developed a strong friend relationship. That's something else that's always bothered me. Specifically about Jack and Joanne's relationship. Whit has said he doesn't believe in "love at first site." Yet, it's very clear that Jack and Joanne fall in love the second they see each other. This happened on a smaller scale with Bernard and Mod, Wooton and Penny, and even Eugene and Katrina. That said, I think we've all had that time where we meet someone and feel an immediate connection with them, but those instances consist of temporary romantic feelings and usually lead to nothing more than a close friend.
Yes, I completely agree with you, Mitch being the obvious exception.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games