Connie + ?

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!

Who do you think Connie might marry?

Jeff
47%
Mitch
13%
Jason
13%
Richard
7%
Someone Else
20%

Total votes: 15

Luke Evans
Caramel Crunch
Location: I'll be back on in five minutes, but if im not, read this message again.

Connie + ?

Who do you think Connie might marry? I would like you info on what you think.
Last edited by Luke Evans on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Accordion to my calculations, 1 out of 10 people realized I changed one of my words with an instrument.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Your post says who "should" she marry, your poll says who "might" she marry :P
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Jason! They complement each other. I like that they're not similar in temperament but they have enough commonalities for a relationship to work. They like each other already--is it so hard a leap for them to come to love each other? Connie already had a crush on him, so there's an innate attraction there. They both love God, Whit, Odyssey. Connie's practically a member of the family already. Jason had his crisis of conscience in the Labyrinth and isn't about to go running off as much as he used to (though I still think he'll want some adventure). He won't be as wrapped up in his work as Mitch got to be without considering her feelings. I think he's gotten to the point he's mature enough to do that. That he's a bit older than her isn't a detriment--they can balance each other out that way.
I'm not always the best at saying the reasons why I like something or analyzing things in detail, so if my explanation comes up short, it's because I forgot to mention something or what I feel I can't explain in words. I think they'd be great together; I can see it in my mind. Writing a story about them clarified this for me. I can explain a feeling, what I believe, in stories better than in a logical list. Of course, this involves imagination, and others might not see it how I do.... In any case, my fanfiction is my thesis statement.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Is it bad that I have stronger opinions about whom Connie shouldn't marry than whom she should? :P

I'm really glad Maureen exists. If Connie and Mitch ever got back together, I'd have considered changing my name and moving to Mars. I've felt better chemistry between me and a jar of Tostitos cheese dip. There is little that I find more gag-inducing than Connie swooning like "You rescued me!" in "Exit", except maybe the sheer fact that the only Christian female protagonist of the saga got damselled in the final act. And their personal priorities were so wildly different. I keep seeing people whine and complain that Mitch was "selfish" and "rude" and "uncaring" for not wanting to give up his career to marry Connie, as if that makes him a bad person, but like...is it so unrealistic and awful that two people are led by God in different directions and they don't get married? They were incompatible for each other, they were nauseating to hear together, and I'm so glad the ship was permanently excised from the show.
Ameraka wrote:I like that they're not similar in temperament but they have enough commonalities for a relationship to work.
To be honest, they're really much more similar to each other than I think is healthy for a stable relationship. They're both detrimentally stubborn and hotheaded, they both leap before they look, and their first reaction to something is usually to try to fight it. There's very little balance there. Yes, they're both well-rounded characters who are more than just a checklist of similar negative traits, but for either of them to get married, their spouses have to be people who can temper them and get them to look at the bigger picture.
Ameraka wrote:They like each other already--is it so hard a leap for them to come to love each other?
Yeah, pretty much, for a variety of reasons.

Jason and Connie met when he was a retired NSA agent in his thirties (most likely, because he's still the youngest of three and yet he's also racked up a laundry list of skills, experiences, and connections that you just don't get without years of working in your field) and she was a high schooler—a minor. As I wrote in my tumblr post on the subject, I really don't see any version of events where they come out thinking of each other in anything but a platonic way.

They're also at two completely different stages of life, and I don't think they can meet each other's emotional needs the way both of them deserve to have those needs met. Jason needs someone who can help him cope with the stress and trauma of his life, and Connie is simply not prepared to deal with that, a fact that was proven to us in "Something Blue". Sure, Connie's needs are a bit more on Jason's level than Jason's are for Connie, but she has another need that she spells out to both Mitch and the audience in "Plan B, Part II: Collision Course": "I'm an upfront person, and if I can't be honest with someone and they can't be honest with me, I don't see the point." Connie needs reciprocity and the feeling that she's on equal footing in a relationship, and Jason cannot meet that need for her because the huge gap of experiences and traumas between them would naturally make it very difficult for her to relate to him. In other words, Connie cannot be expected to play therapist for someone who is more likely than not dealing with post-traumatic stress. It's not healthy and it's not fair to either of them.

Plus, having a crush on somebody does not potential for a grand romance make.

To be honest, I'm kind of tired of hearing about Connie's love life. I get why fans are so invested in it, and I hope she does get married at some point, but I also hope it's to someone we haven't met yet and who is actually developed as a character outside of being her love interest. I'd really prefer we not have another Mitch, if at all possible.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Connie and Jeff. Now THEY complement each other. Connie definitely needs to be in a relationship with someone fun and quirky but also sensible, cemented in faith, compassionate, and a servant. Jeff is all of those things. Connie is obsessed with serving people, especially kids, so maybe going on mission trips would be a good fit for her. Connie has been around for a while, and it would be really easy for her and Jeff to go on mission trips occasionally. In the episodes that Connie isn't around, there are now people who can take her place (while not replacing her altogether): Renee, Jules, Penny, etc. Part of me wonders if Renee and Jules will fill the role Connie plays now if she ends up doing something with her life and isn't able to help out at Whit's End as much. What does everyone else think?
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Luke Evans
Caramel Crunch
Location: I'll be back on in five minutes, but if im not, read this message again.

I want all your ideas!

Accordion to my calculations, 1 out of 10 people realized I changed one of my words with an instrument.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I agree wholeheartedly with Penny Basset. Connie and Jeff are perfect for each other! Which is why I chose "Jeff".
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

So true, Jason will NEVER marry Connie, and Connie will NEVER marry Jason.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Alex Jefferson, you changed your username!!! And I agree, however, never say never, even though I TOTALLY agree with you.
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

And besides every single first or wedding episode in a relationship was penned by Paul McCuster and "First Love" was written by Paul McCuster and every failed relationship was written by someone else.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

Connie should marry Richard Maxwell!!!! \:D/ :D
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom