Anti-Connie+Jason Klub

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

guys, someone asked the official podcast on ask the producers if Connie and Jason would happen and they said no! Even the producers agree with us!!!!
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

No they said maybe. Maybe.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

What was the exact quote?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I don't know, but anyways it is extremely unlikely, so Scientific Guy you are added to the club.
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Ok guys lets evaluate this. Jason is old enough to be Connie's grandpa! So Jerry served in world war two. World War two went from 1939-1945. Jason was at least 11-12 during the whole thing guess because he was in middle school and middle schoolers are 11-13. So we know Jason was lets say 13 in 1945. Add and subtract all of that and we see that Jason is 85. Connie is only around 20-25. That's kinda creepy if you ask me! O.o
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Jerry served in Vietnam, and we don't know for a fact that Odyssey time is real time. I think it'd be a bit odd if Jason was 85, seeing as it'd probably make Whit in his 110s or so. ;) I personally still think the age gap makes a difference, but it's not that simple.
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Oh yeah I forgot it was the war! Sry. Whit served in world war two. My bad. That makes Jason from 65-45. That's still kinda weird?
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

It could, but again, Odyssey time isn't necessarily real time. The show doesn't have to be set in the year 2018 just because the year currently is 2018. The writers have always been clear on that, and the Odyssey Time thread over in the Front Counter subforum has some of the theories.
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

*Runs really, really fast over No Man's Land and jumps the barrier*
SANCTUARY! SANCTUARY!!!
Add me in!
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Kungfunaomi has been added to the club.
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Do you guys realize just how weird it would be if Jason suddenly decided to like Connie after all this time??
And it's gross. Jason is way too old. Also, I don't think he and Connie would complement each other, neither is very level-headed.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

That is so true. However, Jason is a bit more level-headed than he used to be....
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah... that tends to happen when a person turns about 60.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Jason isn't 60, he is in his 40's as tiger has stated several times, and then I figured out the Odyssey is currently in 2004 or somewhere around there.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Right... Because 12 year olds were texting each other pictures that they found on the Internet in 2004.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Because VR technology like the Imagination Station existed in 1987. They're barely able to make advances like that now, actually. When you've got that, I can believe in a world where smartphones were around in the 90s.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Hm. Yeah you've got a point there. Did you count the Christmases though? I tried doing that at one point, but I don't remember how many episodes there were. There might be too many.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

It doesn't work though, and there is a confirmation of it being 2002 in Last Chance Detectives: Mystery of the Lost Voices.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm not a Jason/Connie shipper, but I sort of realize using their age difference isn't the best argument. If Jason was 60, Connie would be in her 40's, and Whit would be at least 90.

Odyssey time is still a mess, and some things canonically took place in the eighties or nineties, because they were written then.
The main thing about the ship I struggle with, is that Jason and Connie need and want very different things, they're at different stages in their lives.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Yep, GFJH you are added.