Kelly and Grady?

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Kelly and Grady?

What do y'all think? Let's make Kady a thing.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Um, Why?

I mean, even though Odyssey time is a little messed up, I'm pretty sure they are different ages and it would just be weird.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Didi
Cookies & Creme

I think it's possible but...*gross noise*
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I don't think they are much different in age... Grady is what 9, and Kellie /could/ be younger than that. AIO ages are always way too young.
xo eht haiasi-
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Mrs. Washington states in "Chip Off the Shoulder" that Kelly is 10. Grady's probably about 9 or 10, though. That's not that weird. At the age they'd be dating, it'd be like, a junior in high school dating a sophomore, which is neither unheard of nor unhealthy. ;)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Didi
Cookies & Creme

I think they could be a couple but I think AIO is focusing too much on couples right now. And they are in the right age range.
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Didi wrote:I think they could be a couple but I think AIO is focusing too much on couples right now.
Yeah, I agree, and I don't really think they should push it too much with the childhood friend romance thing. (Although they're not really "friends", at least from a Doylist perspective, if they've never actually talked with each other or been in a single episode with one another at the same time.) Like...Lucy gets married to Jack, the first boy she ever interacts with on the show. Mandy marries Trent, with whom she establishes a friendship in middle school. There are quite a few years between those two couples in-universe and there are naturally thousands of other students we don't hear who will date and marry outside of Odyssey, but like...the child cast is still relatively small and people already ship Jared, Alex, Liz, and Sarah around, so I'm not really sure about shipping more child characters together with friends they might have met in elementary/middle school.

Especially when we have had ship tease a-plenty (unless, of course, I'm wearing my shipper goggles, which I could very well be) between Barrett and Priscilla, Matthew and Emily, Buck and Emily, and Buck and Jules (among others); Wooton and Penny just got married; Connie's 'first love' came back and they briefly teased them together...if Kelly or Grady get together with someone, I hope it's someone whom we've never met before. (Sort of like Mitch and Maureen, really.)

(Dunno if I've ever mentioned this outside of the one fanfic I wrote, but you know what relationship I want to see? Kelly and Buck. Not romantically, but like...two broken birds have a lot in common and form a friendship based on mutual trust and sketchy pasts. Shut up and take my money, Focus!)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Ok I should clarify a bit. I'm not saying that they should make an episode where Kelly and Grady are a couple but I think they would work together. If not romantically then friendshipally. Just think about it. Kelly and Grady both didn't have fathers around. They are independent. They can be a bit rebellious and can get even violent. And will do a lot for the people they care about. I feel like Grady would have brought the dorkiness in Kelly out a bit more too. I feel like Grady would be the one to always make her laugh.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

TigerShadow wrote:Mrs. Washington states in "Chip Off the Shoulder" that Kelly is 10. Grady's probably about 9 or 10, though. That's not that weird. At the age they'd be dating, it'd be like, a junior in high school dating a sophomore, which is neither unheard of nor unhealthy. ;)
I like the idea, and your right TigerSgadow that is not that weird. I know a real life couple like that!!
I think this a cute idea!!
Proud K.R.E Member