If you could have any two people in AIO get married..who?

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Exactly Alex Jefferson!!!!!!! Jason is wayyyy too old for Connie, besides he is more like a big brother than a boyfriend/fiancé/love interest/husband. Jeff and Connie would be perfect for each other!!!!!!

Okay my dream couples; Emily and Matthew, Olivia and buck, Jules and jay, Jeff and Connie, (drum roll please) whit and lily graham{feel free to contradict me on that}. So. That. Is. My. Thought.
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Aight Kate, any Buck/Olivia shipper is a friend of mine. \:D/
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I'm tired of the "Jason is too old for Connie" argument. Lots of people have gotten married who are 10 even 15 years apart and have very happy loving marriages! Like my aunt and uncle. Actually several of my aunts and uncles. My sister's dating someone 10 years older than she is (my sister's 21). As long as they're both adults, I don't have a problem with it. Maybe some do....but it's kind of a trivial thing to get hung up on. As long as they're not hugely far apart, like the one's old enough to be the other's parent. I don't think Jason's that old.
I like their close relationship; it could stay "brother/sister"--or it could turn into something more. The best relationships are the ones that have a foundation of friendship.

Connie+Jeff--it's just too obvious that they're bringing someone on to be a love interest (like with Mitch) And now he's conveniently Christian! I'd rather have a relationship that develops naturally, organically--more like Wooton and Penny's relationship. Penny wasn't so obviously brought on to be a love interest; she was allowed to develop her own character before having a romantic relationship with Wooton. That's the right way to do it.
With Connie and Jason, they've known each other for a long time....there wouldn't be many unpleasant surprises about the other's personality.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Ameraka wrote:I'd rather have a relationship that develops naturally, organically--more like Wooton and Penny's relationship. Penny wasn't so obviously brought on to be a love interest; she was allowed to develop her own character before having a romantic relationship with Wooton.
Ehh...if I remember right, in GRC part 7, Connie started shipping Penny and Wooton, so they were clearly trying to push that angle from the get-go. Still, they actually gave Penny a storyline independent of her relationship with Wooton, which is better than what they did when Katrina was introduced.
Ameraka wrote:Connie+Jeff--it's just too obvious that they're bringing someone on to be a love interest (like with Mitch) And now he's conveniently Christian!
It would be a lot better if Jeff was actually developed as a character. I'd personally appreciate it if we actually heard an episode about his conversion to Christianity; it would shed more light on his character rather than "Connie's first love who wasn't a Christian and now he is so they can ride off into the sunset". I'm not really sure that they're setting up that angle, though; he's only ever appeared in the OAC in a missions context, so as of now, I don't think they're trying to set up a grand romance with Connie. If they developed his character more, though, I'd be all for it. (Plus, he looks pretty cute in the artwork for "The Cure, Part 2". ;) )
Ameraka wrote:Lots of people have gotten married who are 10 even 15 years apart and have very happy loving marriages!
As I've discussed before, that's not really a satisfying enough justification to me, because Connie and Jason are different people from all the people who do have wide age gaps in their marriages. It's never a 1:1 comparison. It's the same reason why "Well, I'm bookish and smart like Hermione, and I'd never choose that yucky ol' Ron" falls flat—the person is not Hermione, so they can't really say what she should or shouldn't have done. Most people whose marriages have wide age gaps aren't twenty-something college students getting married to retired late-thirty/early-forty-something intelligence agents. =/

If Connie and Jason were to get together, the show would have to justify why Connie and Jason are suddenly equals, because they've never come across that way to me. I don't care if Jason's one year or fifteen years older than Connie; they're at totally different life stages and totally different mental states. The show is going to have to justify Connie being suddenly equipped to deal with Jason's host of trauma and post-traumatic stress issues (although to do that, it would have to acknowledge that he has those things, and if he doesn't...that's a pretty poor representation of what it looks like to have been where Jason's been and seen what Jason's seen). It's going to have to justify why Jason is suddenly chasing after a girl he met when she was a minor when he's always been interested in women who are actually in his age bracket. It's going to have to justify why their relationship wouldn't have the instabilities that it most likely would, given their highly similar personalities.

In other words, the show is going to have to do enough metaphorical squashing and stretching to make a seasoned animator blush in order to make this relationship work, should they ever pursue it. And to be honest, I don't think it can be done while also staying true to the characters.

Plus, I think we all know the true OTP on this show is Connie/Whit. \:D/
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I totally agree, TigerShadow! I don't think I could say it better, other than I think Jason is closer to 55 or 60.
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I think that's pretty unlikely. Suffice it to say, I think roughly a third of the real-life time that AIO has been around has passed in-show (if for no other reason than that I think that "Odyssey time is real time!" is a ludicrous notion). I have my reasons as to why, but that's another discussion for another time. Basically, I think that Whit is late-sixties/early-seventies, and since Jason was approximately a pre-teen around Vietnam, Jason's about twenty-five or thirty years younger than Whit, who fought in World War II, so I think Jason's around his late-thirties/early-forties. That, and there is absolutely no reasonable indication to me that Jason is anywhere near that old.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

TigerShadow wrote: Plus, I think we all know the true OTP on this show is Connie/Whit. \:D/
I used to think this to, actually. But now, no. I mean the age difference is completely inappropriate.... right?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker