Idiosyncratic Ship Naming

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Idiosyncratic Ship Naming

Basically, this is where instead of a Portmanteau Couple Name, you make up a short title for a ship based on one characteristic about that ship. It can be their story, a trait they share, whatever—just a short title to summarize their relationship.

These are some examples of my thoughts:

Connie/Mitch: Tulips and Sweaters
Wooton/Victoria: In the Deep End
Jason/Tasha: Mr. And Mrs. Smith
Wooton/Penny: Inspirational Comics
Trent/Mandy: Papier-Mâché Heart
Alex/Liz: Internet Journalism

What do you think? Others? Suggestions for name changes?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
connie13
Chocolate Chip

Connie/Mitch: FBI or Not
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Eugene/Katrina: Periwinkle Blue
Jack/Emily: Pen Pals
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Jason/Tasha: Agents.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Whit/Jenny: Lewis and Lectures
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Jack/Joann: An Antique Couple
Proud K.R.E Member
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Well... Directioners ship our boys and their girls by combining their names... Sophia+Liam= Sopiam
Taylor+Harry= Haylor. Shall we do it like that?
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

What you're thinking of is a Portmanteau Couple Name, a portmanteau being a combination of two words. This thread is basically about nicknaming your ships based on the two characters' personalities, common interests, or history together. The difference, as my OTP will demonstrate, is thus:

Trandy: a portmanteau couple name, "Trandy" being a combination of the names "Trent" and "Mandy".

Papier-Mâché Heart: a nickname for the ship, with the papier-mâché heart being a reference to the valentine that Trent delivered for Mandy that started their relationship, which would then lead to them falling in love.

Does that help?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

TigerShadow wrote:What you're thinking of is a Portmanteau Couple Name, a portmanteau being a combination of two words. This thread is basically about nicknaming your ships based on the two characters' personalities, common interests, or history together. The difference, as my OTP will demonstrate, is thus:

Trandy: a portmanteau couple name, "Trandy" being a combination of the names "Trent" and "Mandy".

Papier-Mâché Heart: a nickname for the ship, with the papier-mâché heart being a reference to the valentine that Trent delivered for Mandy that started their relationship, which would then lead to them falling in love.

Does that help?
Ooh, I honestly hadn't heard of this before, and it's awsome.

So a ship name for RumBelle (Rumplestilkskin and Belle from Once Upon a Time), could be A Chipped Cup, no?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I honestly dislike this sort of ship naming.
*hides*
For me personally, it's much to look at two names together and recognize who the characters are then try and decipher a code name.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Wooton/ Penny, the giggling couple,
Proud K.R.E Member
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Jason and Monica/ White and Black.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Jason/Connie- Raspberry Ripple.
If they got married, she'd be a Whittaker, and he could tell her the secret recipe. :D

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I saw your tag for this on Tumblr and thought that's what it was. :)
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

TigerShadow wrote:I saw your tag for this on Tumblr and thought that's what it was. :)
That's funny. I never know if people read the tags or not. :) I'm still not totally sure if I get this kind of ship naming, but that sprang into my mind yesterday when writing and I thought I might as well post it since I haven't thought of one for J/C yet. (orwhatevertheirportmanteaunameis)

btw welcome to tumblr!> \:D/

I wasn't sure if I was going to write more fanfic for a while but then the new story wouldn't leave me alone. :) Somehow in a busy day yesterday--church, riding horse, Mockingjay with my sister--I found time to write 3000 words.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Didi
Cookies & Creme

This is how you guys ship? That's interesting; I've always made ship names based on the peopl'es names. Like Connie and Jeff would be Jonnie or Ceff or Coneff or Jeffie or something like that :P
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Didi wrote:This is how you guys ship? That's interesting; I've always made ship names based on the peopl'es names. Like Connie and Jeff would be Jonnie or Ceff or Coneff or Jeffie or something like that :P
I call the ship Connie + Jeff Jennie, as Jonnie could be Jason.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Aww! Jenny! Argh! I'm so emotional tonight I'm about ready to break down into fits of uncontrollable sobs. Oh and Buck and Jules: Lemons and Lemonade. (Apart, they can be as sour as lemons but when they get together they make sweet lemonade.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

oh my gosh guys this is awesome Shipping just got better (and I didn't think it could)
Dose it have to be AIO?
Aha suh dude
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

AuntSarah wrote:Dose it have to be AIO?
As this subforum is in the aio section, ships discussed here need to be from aio, yes.