ConnienJeff's Candid Club

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!

Our Name

SCOOT Jason
15%
Jason's Gone While Connie <3 Jeff
15%
JC Klub: GOOT Jason
15%
Jeff+Connie Klub: Get Out of Town Jason
5%
Connie's Candid Club
35%
No Settling for Jason and Connie and Jeff forever
15%

Total votes: 20

John Henry
Peach Cobbler

The Latest episode I ever listened was "Stage Fright".
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Blitz wrote:Monica of course.
Umm...you really think on a Christian program that they'll marry Jason to a non Christian criminal?

-- Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:12 am --
John Henry wrote:Connie & Jeff? Is Jeff a Christian? Personally I think Connie should be single - correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah, I think it might ruin her character if she married
Girls just wanna have fun!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Wodfamchocsod wrote:Umm...you really think on a Christian program that they'll marry Jason to a non Christian criminal?

She could get saved in a chapel service at the prison she's locked up in, you know. :mrgreen:
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

The Old Judge wrote:
Wodfamchocsod wrote:Umm...you really think on a Christian program that they'll marry Jason to a non Christian criminal?

She could get saved in a chapel service at the prison she's locked up in, you know. :mrgreen:
Yeah...I'd rather Tasha get saved than Monika. Tasha was real with Jason. Monika just used Jason.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Monica Stone? She's a Criminal!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

underseasie wrote:[

Great comic, PF, and it really makes the point you're going for. Though I must ask, is it supposed to look like Connie is jumping or landing in the first panel?
Thank you, and she's supposed to be jumping.
John Henry wrote:Monica Stone? She's a Criminal!
Was. A. Criminal. Seriously, why can't everybody just forgive Monica for misdeeds, which she made up for, already?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

It's interesting that Jason's always in love with non-Christians. Why did Jeff appear only in 3 episodes recently?
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

According to the official podcast, McCusker and Arnold aren't bringing back Jeff anytime soon, except perhaps in the Odyssey Adventure club. So, evidently, shocker, Jeff and Connie aren't going anywhere anytime soon except in our imaginations.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Wakko
Pistachio

Well neither are any of the Connie ships. \:D/
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I will join, but I am NOT anti Jason!
Proud K.R.E Member
Blitz
Moose Tracks

We aren't so much anti-Jason but anti-Jason and Connie. Welcome.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Good! What next?!
Proud K.R.E Member
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Pound Foolish wrote:
underseasie wrote:[

Great comic, PF, and it really makes the point you're going for. Though I must ask, is it supposed to look like Connie is jumping or landing in the first panel?
Thank you, and she's supposed to be jumping.
John Henry wrote:Monica Stone? She's a Criminal!
Was. A. Criminal. Seriously, why can't everybody just forgive Monica for misdeeds, which she made up for, already?
She's not a Christian. This is a CHRISTIAN radio program. Monika used Jason and doesn't even love him. Jason loves Tasha.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I think you need a different tense there. Jason loved Tasha. They tried, in the past, to make a relationship work, and they couldn't, both because of their differing spiritual beliefs and because she can't be with someone who isn't as married to the job as she is. They found that they cannot make a relationship work. To me, they come across as each other's "biggest 'what-if'", to so speak.

On the Monica front, I would like to point out that however manipulative she was, the show makes it pretty clear that the feelings she developed for Jason were genuine. If you listen to the scene between them in "Exit", you can tell that there's some very real tension there on both sides, and the way she says the line "Bye, Jason" is not the inflection of a woman who sees this man as nothing more than a means to an end. She might not be necessarily "in love" with Jason, but he's definitely not just someone she used to get a computer disk.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:I think you need a different tense there. Jason loved Tasha. They tried, in the past, to make a relationship work, and they couldn't, both because of their differing spiritual beliefs and because she can't be with someone who isn't as married to the job as she is. They found that they cannot make a relationship work. To me, they come across as each other's "biggest 'what-if'", to so speak.

On the Monica front, I would like to point out that however manipulative she was, the show makes it pretty clear that the feelings she developed for Jason were genuine. If you listen to the scene between them in "Exit", you can tell that there's some very real tension there on both sides, and the way she says the line "Bye, Jason" is not the inflection of a woman who sees this man as nothing more than a means to an end. She might not be necessarily "in love" with Jason, but he's definitely not just someone she used to get a computer disk.
Yeah, I meant loved.
And, I'm sorry to crash all your hopes and dreams, but Monika is long gone. And not gone with Jason, either.
And, she might have liked him. He might have liked her.
She's a criminal.
He's a Christian. She's not.
Her plot point is done.
Get over it people.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Did I say I wanted Monica to be with Jason, or that I even wanted her to return to the show? I was correcting an overly simplified and inaccurate characterization of her motivations and behavior, which is hardly the same thing as declaring an undying love and loyalty to the Jason/Monica ship.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:Did I say I wanted Monica to be with Jason, or that I even wanted her to return to the show? I was correcting an overly simplified and inaccurate characterization of her motivations and behavior, which is hardly the same thing as declaring an undying love and loyalty to the Jason/Monica ship.
My bad. But her motivations, even though she might have seemed sorry at the end, were wrong I think.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Mmmkay, people. Monica and Jason is a whole 'nother ship. I'm waiting for Blondie to come in and boot these posts out. Still, I'll participate in the off topicness for now.

Wodfam Choc Sod, what makes you think her motivations were wrong? She herself said, "I found myself doing less pretending as I went along." And it's not for us to say "her plotpoint is done' though it likely is. That's up to the writers. Her plotpoint for Nova Com is done, but arguably not Jason, nor her own story.
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

I agree Jason and Connie is not a good idea. I disagree that Jason shouldn't settle. He needs to heal from the deep inner wounds of his job. I also disagree that Jeff and Connie should be together. Jeff may have a personality more suited to Connie, but his job is too much like Mitch and Jason's: dangerous with too much travel.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

If you want Connie and Jeff together, this is your klub. :jason
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: