Connie + Jason Club

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Thanks GJFH! *hugs* I'm glad you're here. :)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

:jason Ok... I must admit because of Amerka's Stories I have seen the great potential in Jason + Connie. I must not join this club. :D :yes: :jason :yes:
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Kathy0 wrote::jason Ok... I must admit because of Amerka's Stories I have seen the great potential in Jason + Connie. I must not join this club. :D :yes: :jason :yes:
:clap: :jason \:D/ O.o
Thankyou!! joinjoinjoinjoin ;)

Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Whoops, I meant to say I "must" but I said, "must not". O.o WELP ANYWHO! *joins* *throws confetti* I love your profile pic Amerka. :D
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Oh well I have done that (and autocorrect is often more a hindrance than a help)
*throws more confetti*
Thanks! It is of my characters from an original story. But I can think of them as Jason and Connie is they had different color hair and eyes...at least for the purpose of this mb.

We should make this club so fun that everyone wants to join!

Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

True, true but when autocorrect does mess it up its often pretty funny O_O :D
My little sister and I found this online and she wanted me to post it. Its pretty true :D :mad: :jason
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

My club declares war on this klub!
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Ooo! Can I be second in command?
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Penny, let the Anti-Connie+Jason assault begin!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yes, Sir Whitaker!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa? O.o O.o O.o Whats your guys problem?
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

You betraying us, that's what.
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

SORRY I CANT HELP IT!!! Her stories are amazing!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Ah, but that doesn't make them accurate! Both characters are represented completely wrong!
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Now that's your opinion, not fact. :) I think the stories are great and that's my opinion. It's your opinion that they are represented wrong. We are all entitled to our opinions but when you criticize someone's work of art that's going to far. We keep ours here and you should keep yours in your club. You can disagree and we can disagree that does not mean you can be entirely rude.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Well, to be fair, if a person puts their art out for public display, then it is subject to criticism. That criticism should largely be kept to the place where the art was posted, but there is nothing wrong with being honest in the belief that two characters are not properly represented in someone's fanfic. That's been part of fandom discourse since people started creating content.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I like the civil war post.
But I don't like actual war. Can't we just agree to disagree and leave it at that? To me, wars are not fun, and makes me sad and not want to participate. Some people like conflict however....

But Kathy, thanks for defending me and my stories! <3

Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I don't think we need to assault them... 0_o unless we just had a food fight but srsly that would be a waste of perfectly good macaroni and cheese and salami sandwiches so maybe we should just have a picnic yes lets have a picnic.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Ameraka wrote:I like the civil war post.But I don't like actual war. Can't we just agree to disagree and leave it at that? To me, wars are not fun, and makes me sad and not want to participate. Some people like conflict however....
If anyone wanted to debate this, I propose opening a new topic where you can discuss your reasons against the ship without using insults. Or, perhaps do start a 'War' with adherence to the Soda Shop guidelines, and if Ameraka would rather not 'fight,' then there is no reason to use her stories in your argument. We can all agree the ship and the characters' adventures, as thrilling as they've been written, are not related to canon.
TigerShadow wrote:Well, to be fair, if a person puts their art out for public display, then it is subject to criticism. That criticism should largely be kept to the place where the art was posted, but there is nothing wrong with being honest in the belief that two characters are not properly represented in someone's fanfic. That's been part of fandom discourse since people started creating content.
I agree.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

It's true, people should be able to discuss it. As much as fanfiction is considered "art". If I post things on fanfiction.net etc, I have to be open to bad reviews as well as good. I just don't like them. It's also true that constructive criticism is one thing, but flaming or attacking the people themselves is another. You can say you don't like something without giving good reasons, as I say I like something without giving reasons, but it's better to actually say why without just attacking and saying "I don't like it". So what? We could go back and forth all day saying such inane statements and never get anywhere.
personally, I don't like conflict, it's not fun for me, and I'm here on the Soda Shoppe for fun. I get enough conflict and nastiness in real life. If this place isn't fun for me, then I'm not going to participate. I do fanfic for fun, and if it stops being fun, I'm not going to do it.
I avoid attacking other's ships because I know that they have their reasons, I don't agree with them, they're not going to agree with me just because I attack them. It's just gonna create unnecessary nastiness (yes I like that word lately for some reason). Some people like debates. But debates actually have something of substance to them. Also, these things are subjective. And very much tied to people's emotions (yes it's just a kid's show and an imaginary ship--emotions don't make sense).
I also don't attack others because I don't want them to feel bad like I do. It's even hard for me to criticize others. Perhaps this extreme avoidance of conflict because of the horrible tension and shakiness I feel inside when discussing something I'm passionate about (even something trivial in actuality) is a weakness. Oh well. I just wish there was a safe space to discuss Jason/Connie with people who liked it without wars being declared. But yes maybe there should be a separate war thing. Whatever. (gotta stop being so sensitive and not everything is about me. Sigh. GRRR.)