Connie + Jason Club

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
Woody
Cookies & Creme

*joins this awesome club*

I've shipped Connie and Jason ever since Mitchnie died. :P

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Yay Woody!!! :D welcome. :)

I will ship Connie and Jason till it's dead and the world ends. I don't care what anyone else "more mature" says.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Hey i am definately joining this club!!! :)

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Great club! I have always loved the idea of Jason and Connie! May I join?
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Yes! Welcome! The more the better! :)

Emma
Peach Cobbler

What do ya'll do in this club? Guess certain ways for Connie and Jason to fall in love?
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Ya what do you do? i think we should explain why all the reasons other people have against Jason and Connie getting together don't matter. :) i have lots of good arguments! :)

I should beware of her.

Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Yes! We should say all the reasons they should get together.

Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Ya one of my favorite reasons is that they both have been engaged once and it didn't work out. so they've both have disappointments. and also Jason reminds me of Mitch in some ways. altho he does get annoyed at her sometimes... but then its kinda cute when he does. lol! :)

I should beware of her.

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

MandyStraussberg wrote:Ya one of my favorite reasons is that they both have been engaged once and it didn't work out. so they've both have disappointments. and also Jason reminds me of Mitch in some ways.
The reasons people come up with. Mandy, dahling, people bond over disappointments to be sure. But that is hardly a good reason to get married. Everyone's been through disappointments. Name a character on the show who hasn't.

Yes, Jason is a lot like Mitch. And we all know what happened with that.

If you're wondering why I'm coming down so hard on you when you're new, don't mind me, I'm one of the board's foremost J+C smashers.

P.S. my favorite reason they should be together is Jason would be stuck with Bill for a father in law. My, wouldn't that make him happy.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Oh don't worry. i like constructive criticism! :) how else would i know what people think of me? lol! :) Ya i guess thats a dumb reason. but i mean they just never have found the right person. so maybe they were just looking in the wrong place. Some people argue that Jason's way too old for Connie but the writers themselves say that Odyssey time doesn't really make sense. They would just be so cute together! i love the episode Love is in the Air where Eugene says that Connie has a crush on Jason. and their talk together (Jason and Connie) about it just cracked me up. i think she really did have a crush on him! :)

I should beware of her.

Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Connie is practically a daughter to Whit. They are almost like family. Might as well make it official. :)

They are good friends. Friendship is the best foundation for a romantic relationship IMO.

Emma
Peach Cobbler

I think that it would be so cute! Already they are some of my fave characters...
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ameraka wrote:Connie is practically a daughter to Whit. They are almost like family. Might as well make it official. :)
That isn't a serious reason, right? You do kid?
Ameraka wrote:They are good friends. Friendship is the best foundation for a romantic relationship IMO.
They are indeed. But that's not a reason for her to marry Jason as opposed to Bernard.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Ameraka wrote:They are good friends. Friendship is the best foundation for a romantic relationship IMO.
And if the relationship doesn't work out, BOOM, friendship wrecked.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Mr. Whit's End wrote:
And if the relationship doesn't work out, BOOM, friendship wrecked.
Not necessarily. It's entirely possible to have a romantic relationship that doesn't work out and still salvage the friendship; it just takes some maturity and time (and, to a certain degree, requires that the two people involved didn't place an undue amount of emotional and physical investment in the romance for what it was >_>).
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Pound Foolish wrote:
Ameraka wrote:Connie is practically a daughter to Whit. They are almost like family. Might as well make it official. :)
They are indeed. But that's not a reason for her to marry Jason as opposed to Bernard.
bernard? lol! i laughed so hard at just the thought! :) :)

I should beware of her.

Wakko
Pistachio

I'm still not sure why you guys still ship them, I've always thought of them as basically siblings, and if they were to get married it'd freak me out. :P
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

To each their own, I guess. Since I started writing about it to see if it would work, I can't UNSEE it.

For the most part, it's hard to explain; I don't necessarily have "logical" reasons. It's more intuitive. People are more than a list of their characteristics. Connie/Jason relationship is more than a "list of reasons".

-- Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:11 pm --
Pound Foolish wrote:
NO I DON'T. I mean daughter-in-law of course. Why shouldn't they have a closer relationship?

Don't antagonize me on this. I have too much invested in it now. You would too if you had written thousands of words about a hypothetical fictional relationship. I can't not see it now and no one is going to convince me otherwise. Even if it isn't "logical". Feelings aren't logical; doesn't make them any less legitimate. I feel this; it's not necessarily something I can put into words. Beyond my stories--that is the closest I can come to describing why they work. That is my argument.

Go ahead, pick apart my stories.

Sorry, this is personal.

I will fight you to my last breath.

I kid.
(?)

Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Wakko wrote:I'm still not sure why you guys still ship them, I've always thought of them as basically siblings, and if they were to get married it'd freak me out. :P
Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley started out as brother and sister (as it says somewhere in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) and look where they wound up.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...