Connie + Jason Club

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Novatom wrote:
Wakko wrote:I'm still not sure why you guys still ship them, I've always thought of them as basically siblings, and if they were to get married it'd freak me out. :P
Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley started out as brother and sister (as it says somewhere in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) and look where they wound up.
I've read HBP several times, and nowhere is it stated that they started out that way. They are good friends at the beginning and Harry tries to convince himself that he's like an older brother when trying to deny his newfound feelings for her, but the pairing in Harry Potter that is actually considered to be like brother and sister is Harry and Hermione.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

"Harry lay awake for a long time, looking up at the canopy of his four-poster and trying to convince himself that his feelings for Ginny were entirely elder-brotherly. They had lived, had they not, like brother and sister all summer, playing Quidditch, teasing Ron, and having a laugh about Bill and Phlegm?"
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Okay, fair enough about the line itself. However, your post implied something very different—that HBP was referencing a long-term brother-sister relationship that in truth simply didn't exist prior to the book in question. Harry and Ginny only really became close in the summer to which you refer; their relationship wasn't sibling-esque from the get-go. It was "best friend's little sister with a crush" for three years.

And what's also different about the Harry/Ginny relationship is that Harry and Ginny grow to fall for each other in a truly lasting sense because they come to be on equal terms with one another. Not only does Ginny gain the confidence to talk to him (and in the process gets to know him as a human being and not just Harry Potter), but Harry sees her not just as Ron's little sister or the girl he saved from a diary, but as an equal. They share a lot of the same experiences (I don't think it's an accident that they are the only two teammates in the resistance who both know what it's like to have Tom Riddle inside their heads), and they develop an emotional connection through shared interests.

As far as I can tell, Connie and Jason don't really have that. Jason has experienced so many things in his line of work and has so much emotional baggage that I honestly don't think Connie should have to deal with as a wife—a partner more intimate to him than anyone else besides God should be someone who is experienced enough in life (and possibly in an occupation similar to Jason's, but this is not necessarily required) to help shoulder his burdens. Jason needs someone like Tasha or Monica, who will understand what he's been through on a personal level and help him deal with it; the problem with Connie as a romantic partner for Jason isn't so much the numerical value of her years, but the sum of her experiences relative to his.
Last edited by TigerShadow on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

John Henry wrote:Connie & Jason? Isn't Jason to old?
Shouldn't Whit be dead? There be no time in the land of AiO. (I know it's a old post... couldn't help myself)

Connie be needin' a man. She is kind, she is smart, and she is impotant.

Go fly a plane, Jeff.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Bethany Shepard wrote:
John Henry wrote:Connie & Jason? Isn't Jason to old?
Shouldn't Whit be dead? There be no time in the land of AiO. (I know it's a old post... couldn't help myself)

Connie be needin' a man. She is kind, she is smart, and she is impotant.

Go fly a plane, Jeff.
Doesn't Jason sound older than Connie though? I think she could still pass for a 25-year-old whereas he sounds like 40.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

I think Jason sounds about thirty. :) oh and Tiger Shadow, Monica and Tasha are terrible for Jason. i didn't like either of them. he should have someone really sweet opinionated and cute. Both of them were horrible for him!

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I never said Jason should marry Monica or Tasha specifically; rather, he should marry a woman like one of them—a woman who's tough as nails, unafraid to speak her mind, and has experienced enough of life to gove him the reality checks he so often needs. Frankly, we have enough sweet and cute women on this show, and I really don't think that's the kind of woman Jason is attracted to anyway.
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

TigerShadow wrote:I never said Jason should marry Monica or Tasha specifically; rather, he should marry a woman like one of thema woman who's tough as nails, unafraid to speak her mind, and has experienced enough of life to gove him the reality checks he so often needs. Frankly, we have enough sweet and cute women on this show, and I really don't think that's the kind of woman Jason is attracted to anyway.
precisely the reason i don't like them is cuz they're tough. i just don't think a tough woman is right for him, but i'm not an expert. :) actually, almost all the girls on the show get on my nerves. i only like a select few. Mandy, Aubrey, Connie, Olivia and maybe one or two more. but mostly i like the guys on the show better.

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ameraka wrote:For the most part, it's hard to explain; I don't necessarily have "logical" reasons. It's more intuitive. People are more than a list of their characteristics. Connie/Jason relationship is more than a "list of reasons".
Good for you, that makes sense.
Ameraka wrote:NO I DON'T. I mean daughter-in-law of course. Why shouldn't they have a closer relationship?
Oh. You meant daughter in law. Naturally you did. A mere slip of keys.

I'm sorry, but Connie and Jason should get together because they are practically related already? That sounds like you're arranging furniture.

But I'm glad you're sticking to your opinion and you're up and back at it.
Ameraka wrote:Go ahead, pick apart my stories.

Sorry, this is personal.

I will fight you to my last breath.

I kid.
(?)
You are now on my list of favorite Soda Shoppers which I show to no one and is locked in Scrooge Mcduck's safe.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Pound Foolish wrote:You are now on my list of favorite Soda Shoppers which I show to no one and is locked in Scrooge Mcduck's safe.
You are now on my list of favorite SSers because of the Scrooge McDuck reference. Although I believe that's a money bin, not a safe. :P
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Why thank you and likewise. But blast me bagpipes, there's a safe door to get at the money inside the money bin. We can't very well have a screen door. Better yet is unbreakable glass, though that's a problem with yeekers around. Let's go for a money swim.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

I burrow in it like a gopher, dive into it like a porpoise, and toss it up and let it hit me on the head!
Seriously though, I'm amazed that someone else on here knows of the tanganyikan yeeker
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
Woody
Cookies & Creme

I think an interesting way for Connie and Jason to get together would be if Jason and Mitch ended up working together on a mission. Mitch starts joking about how he always considered Jason to be his competition for Connie's heart. Jason laughs it off at first, but slowly realizes his true feelings for Connie. Then Connie gets kidnapped by whomever Mitch and Jason are chasing. Jason heroically saves Connie, and Mitch dies somewhere along the way(Sorry, he deserves it after that Maureen heartbreak). The (evil) End. <3

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

*long sigh*

The bliss if only the fans ran the show...

*realizes in horror what she said*

That would be a terrible end for AIO.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Do you realize how badly I wanted to write for AIO so all our C+J dreams could come true?

You have no idea
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

My dream was always to have a new character join the show, a girl preferably, who was extremely smart, and could stump everyone, especially Eugene. :)
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I think that would be Jenny Whittaker. Though she doesn't stump Eugene, just stump everyone else talking to him ;)
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I think my idea started after hearing her. :)

Blitz
Moose Tracks

I doubt they will bring her back anyway.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Blitz wrote:I doubt they will bring her back anyway.
They should! She was awesome.