101 Reasons Connie and Jason are NEVER Getting Married

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

97. Because this topic exists.
98. Because we have 98 reasons they should not.
Yah, I'm grasping at straws here...
Blitz
Moose Tracks

99. If Connie gets married the world will end.
100. Jason is a horrible agent.
101. He is careless, and so is she. Bad mix.

There we are done.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have succesfully established that Jason and Connie AREN'T getting married!!!
That was amazing.
Somebody should check for duplicates.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Yah!
Woohoo! I just looked at page one, and I LOVE #6!
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Wow, we made 101 reasons in nine pages :D

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Well in a hundred and sixty five pages, so it wasn't so quick.
Debate Vampire

kittymeow28
Strawberry

But, just think about how many times they've had romantic experiences!

Jason is so Manly and think about it.... Jason carrying Connie to bed after a long day of unpacking from they're Honeymoon, then when they get up in the morning, Connie has fresh coffee for Jason before he goes to the Antique shop, the Jason kissing Connie on the cheek, thanking her for Dinner at the end of the day,..... Yes?
About Around Noon.., Yesterday... YEET! *Bottle Crashes*
ejmade
Caramel Crunch

Wow getting pretty romantic there Kittty!

I still think they should get together. I mean why bring Jason and Jeff back at close to the same time and not have a classic Odyssey love triangle?
There's been an awakening. Have you felt it? the Dark side... and the Light
kittymeow28
Strawberry

Just like "The Triangular Web"!!! E.J, Your a GENIUS!!!

-- Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:27 am --

And Thank You! I ship Connie and Jason so Hard! Wait,,, Cason or Jonnie?
About Around Noon.., Yesterday... YEET! *Bottle Crashes*
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Go post in a thread that actually support that.
Debate Vampire

Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Yeah. C+J's aren't welcome here :evil:

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I will admit, I've actually never read the fan-fic Ameraka claims proves Connie and Jason could work together. Maybe I ought to at least skim the monumentally enormous work if I'm going to keep saying you're all wrong.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Yay!! guys we did it 101 now someone should list all 101 in one list so it's easier to see.
Proud K.R.E Member
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I made a complete list of the 101 questions, though there are actually 102 on my list (?). If someone notices a mistake, please tell me so I can fix it.
1. Jason was taken out by a toy battle ship
2. Jason is prone to action… which is exactly why Connie left Mitch. Hello.
3. Connie is frozen in eternal youth. Jason will grow old while Connie ages one year every five years. Awk-warrrrd.
4. Jason won’t tell Connie how to make raspberry ripple.
5. Jason has never made Connie macaroni and cheese
6. Picture this: Connie and Jason at the mall.
7. Jason doesn’t know that phone number have to have more than just three or four digits
8. If Connie had children, she would have to be somewhat controlling and authoritative towards those children. This is very different from the relationship she has with kids normally. As friends, and as equals in the children’s way. We would feel differently towards Connie than we do now. She would be fundamentally different.
9. Jason probably has gray hair by now. He’s at least in his late thirties. Probably he’s balding too.
10. Connie tends to throw fits, and Jason tends to stick to his point of view. Marital spats dead ahead.
11. What self-respecting kids would want to have brussel sprout soufflé for dinner?
12. Whit is Connie’s father-figure and Jason is his son
13. Terrorists would raid the wedding
14. Jason has a bunch of evil villains who have tried to get Jason numerous times and who still want him dead. Possible trouble ahead. A marriage between Jason and Connie would be very dangerous. Jason would be risking Connie’s safety and Connie because would be risking the safety of any future children.
15. Jason wears lousy ties
16. When they have kids, one of them would have to quit their jobs to take care of them, and I doubt Connie or Jason would be willing to do that.
17. Jason keeps lots of secrets and that would drive Connie ballistic.
18. If you can imagine Monty as Connie's nephew, you are either extraordinarily brilliant or seriously deranged.
19. Connie is a bad singer
20. Jason's face looks like a horse
21. Jason, according to the last Nova Com episode, brings Monica flowers every Valentines Day. He hasn't even started dating Connie, and he's cheating already.
22. Connie and Jana, sisters-in-law??
23. They're plain imcompatible
24. Connie should marry Nick (erm, maybe...) or Jeff (though it would've been best if she'd married Mitch. Sigh.)
25. Bill. Kendall. Jason's. Father. In. Law.
26. Connie should steal Emily's dad rather than marry Jason.
27. Connie's singing when she tries to get the children to bed would give them nightmares
28. Connie. Giving. Love. Advice. To. Her. Kids.... Actually, that would be kinda fun.
29. On the subject of in-laws, Jason would have a new mother in law annually
30. Any kids Jason and Connie had would have Bill for a grandfather! Who would wish that on innocent children?
31. Connie is already reserved for Jeff (like tell me, why would adventures in odyssey bring Jeff back if they didn't want Connie and him to be together?)
32. Jason is like 40 and Connie is like 25 (at most)... Jason is at least 15 years older than her! he's almost old enough to be her father
33. Jason falls in love with people like Tasha and Monica who are "agents" like himself
34. Jason is more "marriage minded" and Connie is more "boyfriend minded" (yes Connie and Mitch were engaged but you could sorta tell that Connie wasn't ready for marriage)
35. Connie still has lots of time, she is going to be 20 for another 40 years... Jason is already old, he needs someone
36. Connie has Penny as her roommate, Connie is not gonna abandon her to get married to Jason
37. Jason is into antiques. Who thinks, "The perfect match for Connie would be... an antique dealer."
38. What if Connie goes shopping and orders a truck load of napkins?
39. What happens when their kids ask Connie to staple something for them?
40. Jason has a beard.
41. Jason has a better temper than Connie.
42. Jason can tolerate Eugene's intellectual Engilsh, Connie can't.
43. Jason will have some secret agents at his wedding with Connie which Connie cannot tolerate.
44. Jason is too old & mature for Connie.
45. Jason is like Mitch - that's why Connie should not marry him:D
46. Jason tends to be serious, Conne? Not as much as him.
47. Connie has a bad temper. Not Jason.
48. Jason will annoy Connie
49. Connie will annoy Jason.
50. Jason is more serious & quiet & clever. Connie is the opposite
51. Connie has a bad temper.
52. Jason does not know any number above 9999.
53. FOTF has not even said a word about any relationship with Jason and Connie.
54. The same thing will happen that happened in "Something Blue II".
55. Don't you know an Episode in Album 50 (I don't own any albums though). Jason being tracked by "The Whisperer"? Jason could not settle in town anymore. How can he marry Connie if he cannot settle in town or if he has to be secluded?
56. Fans would have nothing to complain to the Odyssey team about.
57. Jason always loves agents like Tasha and Monica.
58. Jason's girlfriends are non-Christians.
59. Because of their different characters - they will have a BIG fight.
60. Jason is calm while Connie is noisy. Maybe Jason will cover his ears.
61. Connie is planning NOT to marry.
62. Wooton will make a better husband than Jason.
63. Jason's too old.
64. Emily Jones will investigate their marriage.
65. Jason would always be away on missions! Connie could not take it!
66. Jason will have too many private stuff that Connie cannot see, but Connie will be sooo curious to see she will ruin the marriage life!
67. Many fans will stop listening to AIO, then FOTF will close down.
68. Lets face it guys - John Whittaker gets related to Bill Kendall? O.o
69. Connie wouldn't like all the fragile stuff! and neither would the kids.
70. the kids
71. there would be danger, for Connie and the kids. Jason would not allow it!
72. Jason and Connie will disagree about Soap Operas. Connie will want to watch them while Jason will call them morally-bankrupt.
73. Connie will want Jason to try out her new eye-liner.
74. Basically, Connie is the only jolly adult-character other than Wooton. Jason is probably the most serious adult-character. Connie will complain about her husband.
75. Jason will have to travel a lot.
76. The children will have no grandmothers. They will have only one aunt. Oh, and one half-aunt. Also, the aunt of theirs will hardly see them. Likewise, their cousins - Monty and Jenny.
77. Picture this: Jason trying to hug Connie. 73. Connie will want Jason to try out her new eye-liner. Yeah, that's going to happen.
78. Picture this: Jason trying to hug Connie.[/quote]. Listen to home Again. Not happened, not once, but TWICE.
79. There is 100 other reasons why they shouldn’t get married.
80. We know from episodes like Mandy' Debut that Connie's bedtime singing would give the children nightmares of chalkboards.
81. Connie would always be suspecting Jason of doing something bad when Jason had done nothing at all. (maybe just hid some money or something) (suspicious minds)
82. All the fangirls would be crushing on a married man. Oops.
83. We've already covered Connie's Dad, Bill, being Jason's father in law and such problems. (Lovely.) But it lends itself to so many reasons. For instance, the kid's grandfather would be a bit of a drunk. Unfortunate.
84. There would be no one to plan the wedding since Connie would be the one getting married.
85. Connie doesn't know the first thing about computers and technological things which would probably drive Jason up the wall.
86. Mitch would have no other option if Penny killed his fiance.
87. Connie would pick on Jason's hair and clothes, and Jason would have no opinion on Connie's appearance. If you know the characters at all, no elaboration is here needed.
88. Connie would have the latest Whit for a father-in-law. Horrors!
89. There children would always be asking why grandpa has a brick in his throat.
90. They would have to change the name of the antique shop.
91. What would happen to Candid Conversations With Connie? Because Candid Conversations With Connie + Jason just doesn't fit.
92. Connie couldn't stand how many guns Jason has.
93. If Jason bought clothes for the kids, they'd have a dreadful childhood.
94. Because Miss Friendship thinks they would be a good match.
95. The original Jason stole the golden fleece. What if Jason's secretly a thief?
96. Come to that, why won't Jason tell Connie the recipe for raspberry ripple? Maybe it's poisonous.
97: Because Jason is never fully honest.
98. Because this topic exists.
99. Because we have 98 reasons they should not.
100. If Connie gets married the world will end.
101. Jason is a horrible agent.
102. He is careless, and so is she. Bad mix.
For this second list, I removed exact repeats of reasons and I corrected some of the grammar and spelling.
1. Jason was taken out by a toy battle ship
2. Jason is prone to action… which is exactly why Connie left Mitch. Hello.
3. Connie is frozen in eternal youth. Jason will grow old while Connie ages one year every five years. Awk-warrrrd.
4. Jason won’t tell Connie how to make raspberry ripple.
5. Jason has never made Connie macaroni and cheese
6. Picture this: Connie and Jason at the mall.
7. Jason doesn’t know that phone number have to have more than just three or four digits
8. If Connie had children, she would have to be somewhat controlling and authoritative towards those children. This is very different from the relationship she has with kids normally. As friends, and as equals in the children’s way. We would feel differently towards Connie than we do now. She would be fundamentally different.
9. Jason probably has gray hair by now. He’s at least in his late thirties. Probably he’s balding too.
10. Connie tends to throw fits, and Jason tends to stick to his point of view. Marital spats dead ahead.
11. What self-respecting kids would want to have brussel sprout soufflé for dinner?
12. Whit is Connie’s father-figure and Jason is his son
13. Terrorists would raid the wedding
14. Jason has a bunch of evil villains who have tried to get Jason numerous times and who still want him dead. Possible trouble ahead. A marriage between Jason and Connie would be very dangerous. Jason would be risking Connie’s safety and Connie because would be risking the safety of any future children.
15. Jason wears lousy ties
16. When they have kids, one of them would have to quit their jobs to take care of them, and I doubt Connie or Jason would be willing to do that.
17. Jason keeps lots of secrets and that would drive Connie ballistic.
18. If you can imagine Monty as Connie's nephew, you are either extraordinarily brilliant or seriously deranged.
19. Connie is a bad singer
20. Jason's face looks like a horse
21. Jason, according to the last Nova Com episode, brings Monica flowers every Valentines Day. He hasn't even started dating Connie, and he's cheating already.
22. Connie and Jana, sisters-in-law??
23. They're plain imcompatible
24. Connie should marry Nick (erm, maybe...) or Jeff (though it would've been best if she'd married Mitch. Sigh.)
25. Bill. Kendall. Jason's. Father. In. Law.
26. Connie should steal Emily's dad rather than marry Jason.
27. Connie's singing when she tries to get the children to bed would give them nightmares
28. Connie. Giving. Love. Advice. To. Her. Kids.... Actually, that would be kinda fun.
29. On the subject of in-laws, Jason would have a new mother in law annually
30. Any kids Jason and Connie had would have Bill for a grandfather! Who would wish that on innocent children?
31. Connie is already reserved for Jeff (like tell me, why would adventures in odyssey bring Jeff back if they didn't want Connie and him to be together?)
32. Jason falls in love with people like Tasha and Monica who are "agents" like himself
33. Jason is more "marriage minded" and Connie is more "boyfriend minded" (yes Connie and Mitch were engaged but you could sorta tell that Connie wasn't ready for marriage)
34. Connie still has lots of time, she is going to be 20 for another 40 years... Jason is already old, he needs someone
35. Connie has Penny as her roommate, Connie is not gonna abandon her to get married to Jason
36. Jason is into antiques. Who thinks, "The perfect match for Connie would be... an antique dealer."
37. What if Connie goes shopping and orders a truckload of napkins?
38. What happens when their kids ask Connie to staple something for them?
39. Jason has a beard.
40. Jason has a better temper than Connie.
41. Jason can tolerate Eugene's intellectual English, Connie can't.
42. Jason will have some secret agents at his wedding with Connie, which Connie cannot tolerate.
43. Jason is too old & mature for Connie. THIRTY TWO
44. Jason is like Mitch - which's why Connie should not marry him:D
45. Connie has a bad temper. Not Jason.
46. Jason will annoy Connie
47. Connie will annoy Jason.
48. Jason is more serious & quiet & clever. Connie is the opposite
49. FOTF has not even said a word about any relationship with Jason and Connie.
50. The same thing will happen that happened in "Something Blue II".
51. Don't you know an Episode in Album 50 (I don't own any albums though). Jason is tracked by "The Whisperer"? Jason could not settle in town anymore. How can he marry Connie if he cannot settle in town or if he has to be secluded?
52. Fans would have nothing to complain to the Odyssey team about.
53. Jason always loves agents like Tasha and Monica.
54. Jason's girlfriends are non-Christians.
55. Because of their different characters - they will have a BIG fight.
56. Jason is calm while Connie is noisy. Maybe Jason will cover his ears.
57. Connie is planning NOT to marry.
58. Wooton will make a better husband than Jason.
59. Emily Jones will investigate their marriage.
60. Jason would always be away on missions! Connie could not take it!
61. Many fans will stop listening to AIO, and then FOTF will close down.
62. Lets face it guys - John Whittaker gets related to Bill Kendall? O.o
63. Connie wouldn't like all the fragile stuff! And neither would the kids.
64. The kids
65. There would be danger, for Connie and the kids. Jason would not allow it!
66. Jason and Connie will disagree about Soap Operas. Connie will want to watch them while Jason will call them morally bankrupt.
67. Connie will want Jason to try out her new eyeliner.
68. Jason will have to travel a lot.
69. The children will have no grandmothers. They will have only one aunt. Oh, and one half-aunt. Also, the aunt of theirs will hardly see them. Likewise, their cousins - Monty and Jenny.
70. Picture this: Jason trying to hug Connie.
71. There are 100 other reasons why they shouldn’t get married.
72. Connie would always be suspecting Jason of doing something bad when Jason had done nothing at all. (Maybe just hid some money or something) (Suspicious minds)
73. All the fangirls would be crushing on a married man. Oops.
74. We've already covered Connie's Dad, Bill, being Jason's father in law and such problems. (Lovely.) But it lends itself to so many reasons. For instance, the kid's grandfather would be a bit of a drunk. Unfortunate.
75. There would be no one to plan the wedding since Connie would be the one getting married.
76. Connie doesn't know the first thing about computers and technological things, which would probably drive Jason, up the wall.
77. Mitch would have no other option if Penny killed his fiancée.
78. Connie would pick on Jason's hair and clothes, and Jason would have no opinion on Connie's appearance. If you know the characters at all, no elaboration is here needed.
79. Connie would have the latest Whit for a father-in-law. Horrors!
80. Their children would always be asking why grandpa has a brick in his throat.
81. They would have to change the name of the antique shop.
82. What would happen to Candid Conversations with Connie? Because Candid Conversations With Connie + Jason just doesn't fit.
83. Connie couldn't stand how many guns Jason has.
84. If Jason bought clothes for the kids, they'd have a dreadful childhood.
85. Because Miss Friendship thinks they would be a good match.
86. The original Jason stole the Golden Fleece. What if Jason's secretly a thief?
87: Because Jason is never fully honest.
88. Because this topic exists.
89. Because we have 98 reasons they should not.
90. If Connie gets married the world will end.
91. Jason is a horrible agent.
92. He is careless, and so is she. Bad mix.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

So officially, we have only 92 reasons. Let's finish it. 8) 8) 8)

93. There would be a whole crowd at there wedding choosing the "Speak" option of "Speak now or forever hold your peace," thus stalling the ceremony to some future, indefinite date.

94. Going along with reason 86 on the edited list, the only two people in real life named Jason that I know are both not the best people, living sad, shady lives. If that name is any indication, Jason will not prove an upstanding husband to Connie.

The redone disco version of a less popular hippie song. Sunny sang the 1969 version, if it matters. (1975)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

95:Cause it makes zero sense.
96: Cause she had a crush on Eugene in the same episode she had a crush on :jason .
97. Cause it's dumb
98. Because FOTF would NEVER let it happen..
99. Because it's the same thing as Mitch and Connie, only worse.
Last edited by Shadow on Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

100. Because Jason's "ratty tie and mismatched shirt" would drive Connie up the wall.

(one more!?)

PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

101: No one on the Odyssey Writing team loves romance except for Kathy. And Kathy made Mitch. So Jason and Connie wouldn't end up together under her supervision.
YAY!! We did it!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I wrote a post opposing J/C on ye ol' tumbles, if y'all want to give it a read.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Congratulations, Penny. Well done everyone. Sonic screwdrivers and raspberry ripple and snozzberries for everyone.

Well written article, Tiger. That was entertaining, to the point, fresh, and thought out. I will probably keep up with that establishment of yours.

Why not keep the party going?

102, Jason would break all Connie's high jump bars

103, Connie would be held captive all the time and aren't we all sick of that routine?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury